270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

Syrian propoganda screw-up

You guys might find this amusing, so Israel attacked Syria again and Syria was trying to display an Arabic-Hebrew message saying that "our skies are ours" but it got lost in translation and instead read "our name is shit to others".

what was the message in Hebrew?

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:06 PM, NYrepublican said:

You guys might find this amusing, so Israel attacked Syria again and Syria was trying to display an Arabic-Hebrew message saying that "our skies are ours" but it got lost in translation and instead read "our name is shit to others".

Although, I have to admit the mentality of nations with large, powerful militaries attacking other nations with impunity on flimsy and pathetic casus belli and feeling completely justified and believing it's the nation being attacked that deserves nothing but derision and contempt, be the attacking nation one like Israel, the U.S., the U.K., France, Russia, China, India, or whomever of that calibre, is, in my firm opinion, a barbaric, savage, backward, uncivilized mentality we should really and seriously be trying to move beyond and leave behind, and is a more fitting point-of-view to leaders such as Alexander III of Macedon, Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan, Tamerlane, Mehmed II, Ivan the Terrible, Moctezuma I, Harold Hardraade, and, of course, lest I forget, Adolf Hitler and Jozef Stalin.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:42 PM, Ido said:

Let me see, "our name is shit to others"?

7 hours ago, NYConservative said:

Let me see, "our name is shit to others"?

Here you go 

View image on Twitter

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Syrian-fluke-in-translation-on-Facebook-Our-name-is-s-567292

10/10 stuff right there

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:06 PM, NYrepublican said:

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, Ido said:

Most of the military conflict in the Middle East is unnecessary and gratuitous, self-perpetuated, carried on endlessly because of utter lack of willingness by all sides involved to meaningfully compromise, and aggravated by constant interference by the West and Russia.

Israel would be happy for compromise (mostly) but yeah you are pretty right

Just now, Ido said:

Israel would be happy for compromise (mostly) but yeah you are pretty right

Do not say "Israel" as a solid bloc of opinion. Netanyahu and his Likud and other "Revisionist Zionist" parties are almost a perfect flipside of extremity of the political viewpoint on the situation to groups like Hamas and Hezbollah. I've never heard anything even remotely compromising or inviting serious, meaningful dialogue come out of Ol' Bebe's mouth.

Ok, Ok..... i will call Israel the Netanyahu Bloc but the Labor Party is usually the party that favors compromise

Just now, Patine said:

Most of the military conflict in the Middle East is unnecessary and gratuitous, self-perpetuated, carried on endlessly because of utter lack of willingness by all sides involved to meaningfully compromise, and aggravated by constant interference by the West and Russia.

The religious aspect certainly doesn't help.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Do not say "Israel" as a solid bloc of opinion. Netanyahu and his Likud and other "Revisionist Zionist" parties are almost a perfect flipside of extremity of the political viewpoint on the situation to groups like Hamas and Hezbollah. I've never heard anything even remotely compromising or inviting serious, meaningful dialogue come out of Ol' Bebe's mouth.

Most of the Dal camp would be willing to if they felt they could trust the arabs.

i didn't really gloss over Israeli politics since 2015

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

The religious aspect certainly doesn't help.

Most of the Dal camp would be willing to if they felt they could trust the arabs.

Using either "Israel" or "the Arabs" as single opinion, ideological blocs means the situation is already at a serious, lagging setback to begin with. We aren't dealing with ant colonies here, and people should stop of thinking of it that way.

Just now, Patine said:

Using either "Israel" or "the Arabs" as single opinion, ideological blocs means the situation is already at a serious, lagging setback to begin with. We aren't dealing with ant colonies here, and people should stop of thinking of it that way.

Generalizations are sociologically true enough for practical purposes even if not literally true.

Generalizations are sociologically true enough for practical purposes even if not literally true.

YOU FAIL SOCIOLOGY 101! TRY AGAIN NEXT SEMESTER!

1 minute ago, Patine said:

YOU FAIL SOCIOLOGY 101! TRY AGAIN NEXT SEMESTER!

Practical purposes defined as for everyday use.

Practical purposes defined as for everyday use.

"Much to learn have you still..."

Fortunately, you're still young.

ffs i just wanted to laugh about bad translation but it had to spin into one of the most complex political debates right?