270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheLiberalKitten

Question about Congress Infinity

I was wondering if it was possible to make a Senate Scenario where only one seat was up for grabs. Sort of like the 2017 Special Election in Alabama. 

Because I know it's possible to set which seats are on/off for custom scenarios. So I would set the 99 Senate seats off  and leave only one seat up for grabs.  Could it be possible to create a single seat race or would the game cause an error?

9 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I was wondering if it was possible to make a Senate Scenario where only one seat was up for grabs. Sort of like the 2017 Special Election in Alabama. 

Because I know it's possible to set which seats are on/off for custom scenarios. So I would set the 99 Senate seats off  and leave only one seat up for grabs.  Could it be possible to create a single seat race or would the game cause an error?

If it did work, it would probably only be interesting to play if the U.S. Senate was already on the razor edge and that was the deciding seat. That being said, I'm not sure if this would cause a crash or not. I'd never thought of this before.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

If it did work, it would probably only be interesting to play if the U.S. Senate was already on the razor edge and that was the deciding seat. That being said, I'm not sure if this would cause a crash or not. I'd never thought of this before.

Well I tested it out and it indeed caused a error message. 

Update: I actually figured out why i got the error message. I had removed Al Franken's name from the incumbent and didn't replace it with anything. After editing the scenario, I re added him but instead put vacancy and retried the campaign and it worked!  It is possible to do a single senate seat race!