Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ThePotatoWalrus

All In-one Source For American History/Politics/Government

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have a reliable, all-in-one source for the title subject? I've been trying to study as much as I can on world (human) history (literally starting with the lower paleolithic era and trying to work my way to the present, currently on Neolithic right now) and wanted to see if anyone had any cool links to an all-in-one source for this. Would Wikipedia just be the only option for like everything? That's what I've been using for everything now. I'm not really doing this in a chronological order or anything, but I try to when possible.

I was inspired to do this after watching this video for like the billionth time: 

But I just fr wanna know if y'all got any good sources when I get to British America and the Revolution and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Does anyone have a reliable, all-in-one source for the title subject? I've been trying to study as much as I can on world (human) history (literally starting with the lower paleolithic era and trying to work my way to the present, currently on Neolithic right now) and wanted to see if anyone had any cool links to an all-in-one source for this. Would Wikipedia just be the only option for like everything? That's what I've been using for everything now. I'm not really doing this in a chronological order or anything, but I try to when possible.

I was inspired to do this after watching this video for like the billionth time: 

But I just fr wanna know if y'all got any good sources when I get to British America and the Revolution and stuff.

Probably no reliable omnisource on the issue that isn't blatantly and overtly stained from beginning to end with one obvious and in-your-face ideological and partisan bias, I'm afraid, though I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

Probably no reliable omnisource on the issue that isn't blatantly and overtly stained from beginning to end with one obvious and in-your-face ideological and partisan bias, I'm afraid, though I could be wrong.

Which is why I've been using Wikipedia for the moment. I don't really need every single little detail, but I want to be generally well-informed on all eras and stuff (Greeks, Romans, Vikings, Pompeii, British America, Colonial America, Egyptians, Mesopotamians, World Wars, etc.). It's worked out pretty well so far, but I'm not sure how political one could get with Neanderthals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

It's worked out pretty well so far, but I'm not sure how political one could get with Neanderthals.

That they co-existed with humans in Noah's time and were washed away by the flood along with the dinosaurs... :P

Mind, I have about a 30+ year headstart on you there, even if I had to "gasp" read physical books from local bookstores and the public library for a good chunk of that period of time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Patine said:

Mind, I have about a 30+ year headstart on you there, even if I had to "gasp" read physical books from local bookstores and the public library for a good chunk of that period of time...

Do not fear the internet will save us the horror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYrepublican said:

Do not fear the internet will save us the horror.

"Do not be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed." Darth Vader, "Star Wars, Episode IV, A New Hope." :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×