Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wolves

Brazilian right wing candidate Jair Bolsonaro stabbed during rally

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, victorraiders said:

you literally compare bolsonaro with hitler??

I would! He must NEVER come to power!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wiw said:

I would! He must NEVER come to power!

Yes, except with you, every politician you hate or are afraid is "Hitler." You're not really helping the problem or contributing positively to the dialogue, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wiw said:

You see what I said about the far-right taking over?

I'm going to lay it on the line here. Donald Trump is NOT Adolf Hitler. Jair Bolsonaro is NOT Adolf Hitler. Nick Griffith in NOT Adolf Hitler. Marine le Pen is NOT Adolf Hitler. Vladimir Putin is NOT Adolf Hitler. No one alive today IS Adolf Hitler. Adolf Hitler died 73 years - before any of the above people were born. Saying far-right sentiment is on the rise is one thing - but conflating people alive today as actually BEING Adolf Hitler is not only not productive to any conversation, and, in fact, highly distorts the tenor of discussion, it is a classic symptom of schizophrenia (that is, delusionally conflating separate people with each other interchangeably).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you're right. I'm sorry if that's the message you got. But... I get very paranoid, very easily...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're trying to create the narrative that Bolsonaro did something corrupt using the messaging service Whatsapp. I don't support him but it doesn't take an idiot to see this is the oppositions attempt to create a narrative where Bolsonaro is the corrupt one and Haddad is the innocent one who did nothing wrong and his party weren't involved in one of the largest political scandals in Brazilian history just two years ago. It's not working though, Bolso is up 7% in the recent second round poll and is expecting a sweep.

Luckily for me I'm not Brazilian. Also lucky for me I get to watch total chaos unfold without actually being affected by it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wolves said:

They're trying to create the narrative that Bolsonaro did something corrupt using the messaging service Whatsapp. I don't support him but it doesn't take an idiot to see this is the oppositions attempt to create a narrative where Bolsonaro is the corrupt one and Haddad is the innocent one who did nothing wrong and his party weren't involved in one of the largest political scandals in Brazilian history just two years ago. It's not working though, Bolso is up 7% in the recent second round poll and is expecting a sweep.

Luckily for me I'm not Brazilian. Also lucky for me I get to watch total chaos unfold without actually being affected by it.

Did the possibility ever occur to you they might both be corrupt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Bolsonaro is elected President of Brazil he secured 55% of the vote after 90% counting.

This is the political trend I'm talking about rising in general. There were about a dozen candidates, but a far-right-wing, socially backward, incendiary populist and a far-left-wing disciple of Chavez became the front-runners, and any candidates who had any sense or perspective in their heads or who had platforms actually designed to help the nation and people got dropped in the first round. This style of politics is growing into a real problem all around, not just in the U.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

This is the political trend I'm talking about rising in general. There were about a dozen candidates, but a far-right-wing, socially backward, incendiary populist and a far-left-wing disciple of Chavez became the front-runners, and any candidates who had any sense or perspective in their heads or who had platforms actually designed to help the nation and people got dropped in the first round. This style of politics is growing into a real problem all around, not just in the U.S.

Well a former captain of the Brazilian army is now president and chief of the armies

We will soon see if he moderates himself because parliament is against his party or if he opposes it.

In France we've got a president in 1870 to 1877 it was the Marshal Mac Mahon but he was a royalist, not a far right politician.

The economy sucked in Brazil, they elected him because of this (he had some big liberal economic plans after 14 years of socialism)

Let's just hope the former captain respects the Constitution..

Power of Brazilian president:

  1. appoint and dismiss the ministers of state;
  2. exercise, with the assistance of the ministers of state, the higher management of the federal administration
 
  1. start the legislative procedure, in the manner and in the cases set forth in the constitution;
  2. sanction, promulgate and order the publication of laws, and issue decrees and regulations for the true enforcement thereof;
  3. veto bills, wholly or in part;
  4. provide, by means of decree, on organization and structure of federal administration if there is neither increase of expenses nor creation or extinction of public agencies; and extinction of offices or positions, when vacant;
  5. maintain relations with foreign States and to accredit their diplomatic representatives;
  6. conclude international treaties, conventions and acts, subject to the ratification of the National Congress of Brazil;
  7. decree the state of defense and the state of siege, in accordance with the constitutional procedures that precede and authorize those emergency decrees;
  8. decree and enforce federal intervention, in accordance with the constitutional procedures that precede and authorize such exceptional action;
  9. upon the opening of the legislative session, send a government message and plan to the National Congress, describing the state of the nation and requesting the actions he deems necessary;
  10. grant pardons and reduce sentences, after hearing the entities instituted by law, if necessary;
  11. exercise the supreme command of the armed forces, appoint the commanders of navy, army and air force, promote general officers and to appoint them to the offices held exclusively by them;
  12. appoint, after approval by the Federal Senate, the Justices of the Supreme Federal Court and those of the superior courts, the Governors of the territories, the Prosecutor General of the Republic, the president and the directors of the Central Bank and other civil servants, when established by law;
  13. appoint, with due regard for the provisions of Article 73, the Justices of the Court of Accounts of the Union;
  14. appoint judges in the events established by this constitution and the Attorney General of the Union;
  15. appoint members of the Council of the Republic, in accordance with article 89, VII;
  16. summon and preside over the Council of the Republic and the National Defense Council;
  17. declare war, in the event of foreign aggression, authorized by the National Congress or confirmed by it, whenever it occurs between legislative sessions and, under the same conditions, to decree full or partial national mobilization;
  18. make peace, authorized or confirmed by the National Congress;
  19. award decorations and honorary distinctions;
  20. permit, in the cases set forth by supplementary law, foreign forces to pass through the national territory, or to remain temporarily therein;
  21. submit to the National Congress the pluriannual plan, the bill of budgetary directives and the budget proposals set forth in this constitution;
  22. render, each year, accounts to the National Congress concerning the previous fiscal year, within sixty days of the opening of the legislative session;
  23. fill and abolish federal government positions, as set forth by law;
  24. issue provisional measures, with force of law, according to Article 62;
  25. perform other duties set forth in the constitution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I am happy to be with a Canadian, it takes some place to live peacefully if my own country (France) finish to go to far Right ^^.

In France Emmanuel Macron cutted the far right by being tough on immigration and security in exchange of a liberal society...it worked at least to stop them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great renew win in second round gubernatorial elections,witzel 59% elected in rio de janeiro,zema 71% minas gerais,(comandante moises 71% santa catarina,marcos rocha 66% rondonia,roraima denarium 53%of same party),probable 14 allied gov.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

great renew win in second round gubernatorial elections,witzel 59% elected in rio de janeiro,zema 71% minas gerais,(comandante moises 71% santa catarina,marcos rocha 66% rondonia,roraima denarium 53%of same party),probable 14 allied gov.

Once the second round hit, it was down to two extremist monsters anyways, and any hope for a positive, productive result was already lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

Once the second round hit, it was down to two extremist monsters anyways, and any hope for a positive, productive result was already lost.

you talk about presidential or other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edouard said:

I think I am happy to be with a Canadian, it takes some place to live peacefully if my own country (France) finish to go to far Right ^^.

In France Emmanuel Macron cutted the far right by being tough on immigration and security in exchange of a liberal society...it worked at least to stop them

its funny you say that because ''brazillian macron'' supported him,Joao doria from Socialdemocrat party are elected Gov of my state Sao Paulo with 51%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

its funny you say that because ''brazillian macron'' supported him,Joao doria from Socialdemocrat party are elected Gov of my state Sao Paulo with 51%

Emmanuel Macron isn't as left as foreigners think

He perfectly understood what are the roots of the far-right to power

Essentially security, defense and immigration 

That's why he's specially tough on these matters, with that he keeps a part of the right's voters who do not care about societal rights so that he can be left on these issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Edouard said:

Emmanuel Macron isn't as left as foreigners think

He perfectly understood what are the roots of the far-right to power

Essentially security, defense and immigration 

That's why he's specially tough on these matters, with that he keeps a part of the right's voters who do not care about societal's rights so that he can be left on these issues.

here some centerleft,leftwing candidates supporter bolsonaro include some liberal social,example elected gov of rio grande do sul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

you talk about presidential or other

Both. A far-right, socially backward, incendiary populist and a far-left disciple of Chavez. At that point, no good could come of the election's results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

 

voto-presidente-por-estados-2-turno.png

 voto-presidente-por-capitais-2-turno.png

how states and capitals voted

Yes, how they voted once any remotely level-headed, practical, sensible, non-extremist whackjob was eliminated after the first round and the election was doomed to produce calamity anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Special thing about France

La Republique en Marche LREM the party of Emmanuel Macron made a clear statement against Bolsonaro.

But Emmanuel Macron still congratulated him.

They finish with "progressists of every country, let's unite us"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Special thing about France

La Republique en Marche LREM the party of Emmanuel Macron made a clear statement against Bolsonaro.

But Emmanuel Macron still congratulated him.

They finish with "progressists of every country, let's unite us"!

George W. Bush congratulated Vladimir Putin in 2004, and Putin congratulated Bush later that year. One should not read too much into those type of congratulations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

George W. Bush congratulated Vladimir Putin in 2004, and Putin congratulated Bush later that year. One should not read too much into those type of congratulations.

That surprise me is the difference between the polite congratulations of Macron and the message of his party on Facebook

Here is what his party says : "Brazil has now a proudly homophobic, climatosceptic, sexist and racist president". This electoral TRAGEDY forces us. We do not have the choice, we can't loose. Otherwise we see what awaits us.

Progressists of every countries, let's unite us!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Edouard said:

That surprise me is the difference between the polite congratulations of Macron and the message of his party on Facebook

Here is what his party says : "Brazil has now a proudly homophobic, climatosceptic, sexist and racist president". This electoral TRAGEDY forces us. We do not have the choice, we can't loose. Otherwise we see what awaits us.

Progressists of every countries, let's unite us!"

this are very funny this party dont really know what france people want ,imagine one country very different cultural and social

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

literally everyone who running against  PT(farleft chavist), are accused of fascism include PSDB(socialdemocrats and his candidates Leftwings/Centerleft Serra,Alckmin,Aecio Neves)marina leftwing green ambientalist and anothers ones in others elections

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×