270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wolves

Brazilian right wing candidate Jair Bolsonaro stabbed during rally

He sounds like he'd be a total disaster if he won. I certainly don't support any kind of political violence and I hope he recovers quickly, but I also hope he doesn't get anywhere near the Brazilian presidency. Hopefully the two-round system will allow the other parties and candidates to coalesce around an opponent, assuming he makes it to the runoff.

17 hours ago, Sami said:

I seriously doubt about it

He's really worse and dangerous than Trump

And in Brazil, unlike America, it's a two turns

If you look at his positions, he's close to ask that Brazil becomes back a military dictatorship.

1 hour ago, RI Democrat said:

He sounds like he'd be a total disaster if he won. I certainly don't support any kind of political violence and I hope he recovers quickly, but I also hope he doesn't get anywhere near the Brazilian presidency. Hopefully the two-round system will allow the other parties and candidates to coalesce around an opponent, assuming he makes it to the runoff.

Brazilian politics has often been monstrously populist in this kind of way, really. Look at Vargas and Goulart.

20 hours ago, Sami said:

I seriously doubt about it

He's really worse and dangerous than Trump 

And in Brazil, unlike America, it's a two turns

If you look at his positions, he's close to ask that Brazil becomes back a military dictatorship.

Usually stuff like this are surprises that sway undecideds to the populists camp. He's also always head in first round polling he just needs that extra bit of support.

First post-stabbing poll puts Bolsonaro up 8% from before

MFtnHVq.png

19 minutes ago, wolves said:

MFtnHVq.png

To be fair those numbers didn't come from oe of the other candidates, really, besides Silva it looks like. He'll need to convince those others to switch in round 2, which is unlikely, as seen in the French elections last year.

37 minutes ago, wolves said:

MFtnHVq.png

of this list, only Bolsonaro and Amoedo Not are corrupt

Others candidates, Haddad lost reelection of Mayor of Sao Paulo in First Round,Marina Silva lost evangelical voters because position in Abortion and Drugs,Alckmin are Socialdemocratic candidate very boring and corruption,Ciro are Farleft Supported by Communist Party of China, corrupted and autoritarian from one family know about Coronelism

18 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

To be fair those numbers didn't come from oe of the other candidates, really, besides Silva it looks like. He'll need to convince those others to switch in round 2, which is unlikely, as seen in the French elections last year.

If Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva was allowed to run I don't think he would get anywhere near the Presidency considering what he (Lula) was polling at.

Just now, MBDemSoc said:

If Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva was allowed to run I don't think he would get anywhere near the Presidency considering what he (Lula) was polling at.

in last poll with lula,Bolsonaro have 5% more voters than him, and probably only ciro voters will vote in lula if his are candidate

2 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

in last poll with lula,Bolsonaro have 5% more voters than him, and probably only ciro voters will vote in lula if his are candidate

Lula is 15 points ahead of him in the last poll he was in.

8 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

not really not

Yes he is 1st September to 2nd September poll from FSB Pesquisa has him polling at 37% to Bolsonaro's 22%.

10 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

Yes he is 1st September to 2nd September poll from FSB Pesquisa has him polling at 37% to Bolsonaro's 22%.

lula are most hated/rejected politican he lost in 2round,his have 37%, 6 months ago and drop in numbers after prison

34 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

of this list, only Bolsonaro and Amoedo Not are corrupt

I think more accurately and safe to say is those two are the only ones on the list not REVEALED or PROVEN to be corrupt. They too may have hidden skeletons in their closets and malfeasances that are not publicly known at this point that may come out later.

3 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

lula are most hated/rejected politican he lost in 2round,his have 37%, 6 months ago and drop in numbers after prison

Facts are facts dude.

1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:

How powerful is Brazil's presidency? Could the legislature put some constraints on Bolsonaro in the event that he does somehow pull off a win?

6 minutes ago, RI Democrat said:

How powerful is Brazil's presidency? Could the legislature put some constraints on Bolsonaro in the event that he does somehow pull off a win?

The Brazilian President is more powerful within Brazil than the U.S. President is within the U.S., but not an outright dictator (at least by the current post-military junta Constitution).

16 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

DmvA3irW4AArNED.jpg

This pollster is not included in the Wikipedia article on the polling of the election.

11 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

This pollster is not included in the Wikipedia article on the polling of the election.

i analised between 5 and 6 polls and about polls trusty,bias and errors in last elections,i see ones bloggers about this too

18 hours ago, victorraiders said:

corrupted and autoritarian from one family know about Coronelism

Does this refer to Meirelles? 

If not what do you think about him? I am sadly no expert on Brazilian politics (and do not speak Portugues) but from what I get, I think he is the right-wing, business-orientated establishment candidate.

12 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Does this refer to Meirelles? 

If not what do you think about him? I am sadly no expert on Brazilian politics (and do not speak Portugues) but from what I get, I think he is the right-wing, business-orientated establishment candidate.

"Right-wing, business-orientated establishment candidates" tend to be a dime a dozen, pretty much everywhere in the world. And they tend to put the wishes and desires of their constituents a distant second to wealthy donors and special interest groups whose a$$es are more appealing to kiss. A real despicable lot of corporate yesmen and -women rubberstamping the will of the plutocratic oligarchy that does little long-term good for the vast majority of people.

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

"Right-wing, business-orientated establishment candidates" tend to be a dime a dozen, pretty much everywhere in the world. And they tend to put the wishes and desires of their constituents a distant second to wealthy donors and special interest groups whose a$$es are more appealing to kiss. A real despicable lot of corporate yesmen and -women rubberstamping the will of the plutocratic oligarchy that does little long-term good for the vast majority of people.

I did not say that he is my preferred candidate, but perhaps for the first round the best option when you are at the right side of the center.