270soft Forum
CalebsParadox

Multiplayer 2016 Campaign (Reboot)

Hello everyone, and welcome to a new and revised version of President Infinity Multiplayer! The rules are going to be simple, and are as follows:

We need two to three Democrats, and two to three Republicans, and an optional independent if Democrats and Republicans have at least two members each. There cannot be 3 Democrats and 1 Republican, or vice versa. There is no limit on what character you can play, as long as they are included in @vcczar's updated 2016 scenario (excluding Obama and McCain). If your character does not come with polling data, I will adjust regional percentages and give you a slight uptick though ultimately it will likely not be as much as you would hope as I would fear giving an unfair advantage. 

The game will begin at the October 1st start date. Turns will be done every 24 hours, or sooner if every reply is in. If you do not reply, I will automate your character. If you do not reply for three IRL days, your character will withdraw/endorse at my discretion. The game is set to weekly, so internet ads may not be as helpful. 

I may be the gamemaster, but I will follow your instructions to a T. You can be as vague or detailed as you like, but keep in mind that the more detailed you are with your commands the better you will likely do. If someone would like to post a basic outline below, that could serve as a guide. 

LIST: 

Republicans:

Democrats: 

Independent: 

4 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

I'd definitely be interested! I'd love to play as either Biden or Warren if you want, either one works. 

I may actually join. I'll need to look over who I added to 2016. I won't have the time for a very detailed plan, but I'll have something. 

26 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

Definitely! I am always interested in getting more involved! I'd play as Trump, or any other republican really, Maybe an independent.

2 minutes ago, NYConservative said:

Definitely! I am always interested in getting more involved! I'd play as Trump, or any other republican really, Maybe an independent.

Assuming that Vcczar and Hestia are Democrats, you could definitely be a great Republican competitor! 

Also, if there is sufficient interest, this can be the 2020 campaign instead, but due to the presence of the Trump at the beginning I opted against it. 

2 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

Assuming that Vcczar and Hestia are Democrats, you could definitely be a great Republican competitor! 

Also, if there is sufficient interest, this can be the 2020 campaign instead, but due to the presence of the Trump at the beginning I opted against it. 

Honestly, I'd personally have 2020 but no controversial in a bad way type of candidates (Trump, Clinton, Etc.)

1 minute ago, CalebsParadox said:

I get what you mean. It's easier, but less possibility for Republican candidates to win besides Trump. You could always say that maybe Trump decided against running? It isn't likely at all, but if there is greater demand for 2020. 

Just now, Hestia11 said:

I get what you mean. It's easier, but less possibility for Republican candidates to win besides Trump. You could always say that maybe Trump decided against running? It isn't likely at all, but if there is greater demand for 2020. 

It is, he could possibly be impeached 😂

Just now, NYConservative said:

It is, he could possibly be impeached 😂

There is the possibility. It's just less controversial to say he decided not to run.

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

There is no 2020 without Trump. However, a possible experience would be 3-4 #NeverTrumpers fighting to rob Trump of the nomination and 2 Democrats. 

Just now, Hestia11 said:

There is the possibility. It's just less controversial to say he decided not to run.

I know, Thats what I was saying before I brought up impeachment, Anyways, what if Ben Carson decided to test his luck again in 2020?

Just now, CalebsParadox said:

There is no 2020 without Trump. However, a possible experience would be 3-4 #NeverTrumpers fighting to rob Trump of the nomination and 2 Democrats. 

I know, I was just pitching the idea. That too works. 3 Dems would probably be better.

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

I know, I was just pitching the idea. That too works. 3 Dems would probably be better.

We ran into the issue of memory limits last time we tried this. We had six candidates and we ran out of memory just a few weeks in. Perhaps 2 and 2? I'm not willing to have more than 5 players overall unless @admin_270 believes the game is now able to handle it. 

3 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

I'd personally being a #NeverTrumper, even though before his presidential moves I liked him.

We ran into the issue of memory limits last time we tried this. We had six candidates and we ran out of memory just a few weeks in. Perhaps 2 and 2? I'm not willing to have more than 5 players overall unless @admin_270 believes the game is now able to handle it. 

Ah, unaware of that. That makes sense. 2 and 2 works, unless no independents come forward.

What if we wait until they update for Networked Play? That may make it easier. Speaking of which I need to update my president infinity, God damnit.

I misremembered how many candidates were in the original, thinking there was 8, so the numbers I presented in the opening post were misleading 😛 

1 minute ago, CalebsParadox said:

I misremembered how many candidates were in the original, thinking there was 8, so the numbers I presented in the opening post were misleading 😛 

😂

47 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

I'd take Sanders, if possible.

2 minutes ago, NYConservative said:

What if we wait until they update for Networked Play? That may make it easier. Speaking of which I need to update my president infinity, God damnit.

The networked play is likely going to take some time, Spring or Summer of 2019, which could easily end up being a year from now. This is a simple project to hold us over in the meantime.

The networked play is likely going to take some time, Spring or Summer of 2019, which could easily end up being a year from now. This is a simple project to hold us over in the meantime.

Since I havent participated in this before, without Networked Play, how are we going to do this?

So to clarify

2016: Biden

2020: Klobuchar

1 minute ago, NYConservative said:

Since I havent participated in this before, without Networked Play, how are we going to do this?

Simply PM me your turn in however specific you want. This was the template used last year, created by @vcczar:

Campaign Actions:

Campaign enhancing: 

States to focus on:

Days of rest:

Endorsers/surrogates:

Then it could be filled in as,

Campaign Actions: Rally x3, climate speech x1, debate prep x2, issue knowledge x2

Campaign enhancing: Footsoldiers in IA

States to focus on: IA and NH

Days of rest: 2

Endorsers/surrogates: CP to McCain

Please do select both a 2016 and 2020 candidate. We will hold a poll later on which scenario, but please do remain consistent in which party you play! :)