270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MBDemSoc

Announcement

Hi, I intend on picking up where  @vcczar leaves off with the 1874 UK General Election and create the rest of the UK General Elections as well as the US HOR and Senate Races as I have now acquired Congress Infinity, if anyone would like to help they are more then welcome to, I will commence these projects after my play-by-play series is over.

8 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

Hi, I intend on picking up where  @vcczar leaves off with the 1874 UK General Election and create the rest of the UK General Elections as well as the US HOR and Senate Races as I have now acquired Congress Infinity, if anyone would like to help they are more then welcome to, I will commence these projects after my play-by-play series is over.

Cool. Hopefully the 1874 Election will be done by then. There isn't much left to do, but I just need to find time to focus on it. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Cool. Hopefully the 1874 Election will be done by then. There isn't much left to do, but I just need to find time to focus on it. 

I won't be making the elections that have already been made, so no need to worry.

1 hour ago, MBDemSoc said:

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you're using Congress Infinity for UK General Elections? Prime Minister Infinity actually covers things like having a PM formally declared at the end, coalition and minority governments, and a few other things that CI lacks that would be a bit - useful, even essential, for a UK General Election.

26 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you're using Congress Infinity for UK General Elections? Prime Minister Infinity actually covers things like having a PM formally declared at the end, coalition and minority governments, and a few other things that CI lacks that would be a bit - useful, even essential, for a UK General Election.

I picked up Congress Infinity for the US Congressional Elections I will be using UK PMI for the UK Elections.

2 hours ago, MBDemSoc said:

I picked up Congress Infinity for the US Congressional Elections I will be using UK PMI for the UK Elections.

Ah. I have a few planned scenario series of my own. Canadian and a number of Canadian and Provincial elections are planned, as are pre-WW1 German Reichstag elections (the latter by CI, as the elections there worked well in that format in that day, as the Chancellor was not responsible to the Reichstag, but to the Kaiser, back then, who appointed and dismissed him at his pleasure - the Reichstag was a body of popular opinion and, like is the foundation point of most early parliaments - had the Power of the Purse). I also had a plan to do the English House of Commons elections of 1640 - the first partisan elections in England, and one of the first in the following after the demise of the Roman Republic into the Empire. The French Revolutionary Legislative Assembly of 1791, National Convention of 1792, and Councils of Ancients and 500 of 1795 and 1798, in the First French Republic are also on the books, as is my half-complete 1854 U.S. House Election, which had a record (for the U.S. House, at least) for the most parties and other distinct factions represented in the same session - five parties (one of which seemingly may have been a front for something - it's not quite clear, but it's suspicious), one electoral movement that more or less functioned as a loose party, and one independent. The four pre-WW1 Russian State Duma elections and the 1917 Russian Constituent Assembly Election (which, despite having it's results ignored in the end by Lenin, was probably the freest and fairest election ever held on Russian soil), the pre-WW1 Austrian Reichsrat and Hungarian Diet (and maybe some interesting regional Landtag and Sabor elections therein), the two pre-WW1 Ottoman Parliament elections whose results were at all contested, the pre-WW2 Meiji, Taisho, and Showa Japanese Diet elections, pre-WW2 (and pre-MMP) Bulgarian, Romanian, Greek, Serbian and Montenegrin (and later Yugoslavian), Polish, Italian, and interwar Hungarian elections, and the last Soviet Congress of People's Deputies election in 1989, and the last Russian one in 1990, and the last Supreme Soviet elections for the other 14 Union Republics, also in 1990. Manx House of Keys, Cornish County Council, Orkney and Shetland Regional Council, and the States of Jersey and Guernsey are also in there, as is the short-lived Vermont Republic and the legislature of the old Kingdom of Hawaii and Utah Territory (the latter in the heyday of the Liberal Party vs. People's Party political rivalry), a select list of U.S. State Gubernatorial elections that meet specific criteria of interest to do, and some Indian, Pakistani, Mexican, Filipino, and 19th and 20th Century New Zealand elections. And then there's the very large list that, at this time, requires the old K4E engine to do.

11 hours ago, MBDemSoc said:

I won't be making the elections that have already been made, so no need to worry.

I was thinking that you might want to use the soon-to-be completed 1874 election as a template for your versions. I can help with candidate ratings, since you mentioned that you thought those were the most difficult to estimate. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

I was thinking that you might want to use the soon-to-be completed 1874 election as a template for your versions. I can help with candidate ratings, since you mentioned that you thought those were the most difficult to estimate. 

That would be a tremendous help, thanks.

Update the first election out of the promised elections I will be working on will be the United States Senate Elections in 1788 and 1789 which will feature the Pro-Administration Party (Federalists) and the Anti-Administration Party (Anti-Federalists) and Independents which will be headed by John Langdon for the Pro-Admin Party, Richard Henry Lee for the Anti-Admin Party and a placeholder for the Independents, I will also be working on the US House of Representatives elections from 1788 and 1789 with the same parties but with Frederick Muhlenberg leading the Pro-Admin Party and James Madison leading the Anti-Admin Party.

1 hour ago, MBDemSoc said:

Update the first election out of the promised elections I will be working on will be the United States Senate Elections in 1788 and 1789 which will feature the Pro-Administration Party (Federalists) and the Anti-Administration Party (Anti-Federalists) and Independents which will be headed by John Langdon for the Pro-Admin Party, Richard Henry Lee for the Anti-Admin Party and a placeholder for the Independents, I will also be working on the US House of Representatives elections from 1788 and 1789 with the same parties but with Frederick Muhlenberg leading the Pro-Admin Party and James Madison leading the Anti-Admin Party.

There was a general House of Representatives election in this year which was a matter of popular vote by electoral district, yes. But no one actually voted in the Senate election unless they were already sitting members of State Legislatures, and this would remain the case until 1914.

12 minutes ago, Patine said:

There was a general House of Representatives election in this year which was a matter of popular vote by electoral district, yes. But no one actually voted in the Senate election unless they were already sitting members of State Legislatures, and this would remain the case until 1914.

I am aware it will be based on the legislature votes for the elections before 1914.

Just now, MBDemSoc said:

I am aware it will be based on the legislature votes for the elections before 1914.

But you will lack actual historical opponents for elected Senators. Plus, were you planning to include the Rhode Island Country Party candidate in the 1790 House elections. And what about the notable number of Independents who ran early on. And the large number of redundant Democratic-Republican and (occasionally, but more rarely) Federalist candidates who historically ran because formal party nominations didn't exist as a rule and convention in the First Party System (the 1800 and 1824 Presidential elections were VERY GOOD lessons in this fact).

17 minutes ago, Patine said:

But you will lack actual historical opponents for elected Senators. Plus, were you planning to include the Rhode Island Country Party candidate in the 1790 House elections. And what about the notable number of Independents who ran early on. And the large number of redundant Democratic-Republican and (occasionally, but more rarely) Federalist candidates who historically ran because formal party nominations didn't exist as a rule and convention in the First Party System (the 1800 and 1824 Presidential elections were VERY GOOD lessons in this fact).

Yeah you are right I will just stick to HOR elections, if there are multiple candidates for the same party the person who received the highest amount of votes out of the number of same party candidates will be the candidate. 

Just now, MBDemSoc said:

Yeah you are right I will just stick to HOR elections, if there are multiple candidates for the same party the person who received the highest amount of votes out of the number of same party candidates will be the candidate. 

I had a much more comprehensive plan when I first announced old House and (from 1914 onward) Senate elections, back early in CI's release, before you first registered. I have laid out foundations (but not finished scenarios) for the House elections from 1789-1806, then jumped (and in foundations and setup, not necessarily plans) to 1854-1862, then jumped again to 1900-1920 and Senate 1914-1920, as well as tentative plans to tackle Confederate 1861 and 1863 House elections. These are still sitting on my HD.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I had a much more comprehensive plan when I first announced old House and (from 1914 onward) Senate elections, back early in CI's release, before you first registered. I have laid out foundations (but not finished scenarios) for the House elections from 1789-1806, then jumped (and in foundations and setup, not necessarily plans) to 1854-1862, then jumped again to 1900-1920 and Senate 1914-1920, as well as tentative plans to tackle Confederate 1861 and 1863 House elections. These are still sitting on my HD.

Oh ok that would be helpful to look at, vcczar  has already said he would help with candidate stats for the UK GEs once he has finished the 1874 one.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:03 AM, MBDemSoc said:

Oh ok that would be helpful to look at, vcczar  has already said he would help with candidate stats for the UK GEs once he has finished the 1874 one.

Also, for the 1854 House election, you DID fully intend to include ALL of the parties that got seats (seven separate and distinct political parties and one Independent - an absolute record of representation in that legislative body)? If weren't planning on including the full number, I'd be VERY disappointed...

Yes I will include all parties for all elections (those that got seats / a notable slice of the popular vote).