Jump to content
270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

First Unofficial 270soft Chess Tournament

Chess Poll  

15 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you wish to enter the chess tournament?

    • Yes, I wish to play
    • No, but I am interested in following
    • No, and I am not interested in following

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2018 at 03:59 AM

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Tru

I like lichess. Use the play with friends option and send the link to the person. Make sure it's a 10 minute game with a 3 second increment. You don't need an account. Don't play until we get our 8th player though.

I won't be able to play today anyway. I'm getting over an illness. Maybe tomorrow. @Conservative Elector 2 lives in Austria, so scheduling time could be difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I won't be able to play today anyway. I'm getting over an illness. Maybe tomorrow. @Conservative Elector 2 lives in Austria, so scheduling time could be difficult. 

Yeah. Sorry to hear you're sicc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NYConservative said:

As yes I am.

Well now I need to go to sleep I'm available Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Well now I need to go to sleep I'm available Friday.

Alright, Friday it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm praying that an 8th member joins so I don't have to be embarrassed in the "semifinals" 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My computer is not working currently... therefore I am not sure when I am able to return in full capacity. I am very sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CalebsParadox Fine, i'll join, i love chess

i voted observe tho, so do not take my vote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

Are you available tomorrow?

Awesome. And if anyone needs it I can do a tutorial on how to use lichess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Awesome. And if anyone needs it I can do a tutorial on how to use lichess.

I've gotten as close to "cozy" as I can get with a program like Lichess, I time out too many times though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYConservative said:

I've gotten as close to "cozy" as I can get with a program like Lichess, I time out too many times though.

Fortunately that is why the 3 second increment is there, meaning if you run super low on time you shouldn't time out if you make a move in time, and you'll have three seconds extra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Fortunately that is why the 3 second increment is there, meaning if you run super low on time you shouldn't time out if you make a move in time, and you'll have three seconds extra.

Id prefer if we just did the 30 minute matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYConservative said:

Id prefer if we just did the 30 minute matches.

Most members schedules here are packed af, or else that is what i'd prob do. Maybe next tournament if people enjoy this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Most members schedules here are packed af, or else that is what i'd prob do. Maybe next tournament if people enjoy this one.

Smh, I just gotta make moves fast now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYConservative said:

Smh, I just gotta make moves fast now

12 minutes divided by 40 gives about 20 seconds per move. Sorry bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ThePotatoWalrus I'm backing out of the chess tournament, but I'll be glad to play anyone unofficially. I'm backing out because NYConservative is in the tournament. I've blocked him. I'll be glad to play anyone else online, however, or in a future tournament. In fact, since he's contaminating the forum with a consistent floods of posts, I'm going to drop out of the forum until he drastically decreases his output or is banned.  I'll tag others so they know why I'm going to be absent @Conservative Elector 2 @jvikings1 @Patine @Reagan04 @CalebsParadox @Kingthero @WVProgressive @Sunnymentoaddict @NYrepublican @MBDemSoc @Caprice @TheMiddlePolitical @admin_270 . Send me an email if anything is urgent. I'll respond there. I think most of you have my email. Or should. Have fun everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@ThePotatoWalrus I'm backing out of the chess tournament, but I'll be glad to play anyone unofficially. I'm backing out because NYConservative is in the tournament. I've blocked him. I'll be glad to play anyone else online, however, or in a future tournament. In fact, since he's contaminating the forum with a consistent floods of posts, I'm going to drop out of the forum until he drastically decreases his output or is banned.  I'll tag others so they know why I'm going to be absent @Conservative Elector 2 @jvikings1 @Patine @Reagan04 @CalebsParadox @Kingthero @WVProgressive @Sunnymentoaddict @NYrepublican @MBDemSoc @Caprice @TheMiddlePolitical @admin_270 . Send me an email if anything is urgent. I'll respond there. I think most of you have my email. Or should. Have fun everyone. 

Ew. Idiot acts like I'm holding anything against him, but now I guess I will after this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@ThePotatoWalrus I'm backing out of the chess tournament, but I'll be glad to play anyone unofficially. I'm backing out because NYConservative is in the tournament. I've blocked him. I'll be glad to play anyone else online, however, or in a future tournament. In fact, since he's contaminating the forum with a consistent floods of posts, I'm going to drop out of the forum until he drastically decreases his output or is banned.  I'll tag others so they know why I'm going to be absent @Conservative Elector 2 @jvikings1 @Patine @Reagan04 @CalebsParadox @Kingthero @WVProgressive @Sunnymentoaddict @NYrepublican @MBDemSoc @Caprice @TheMiddlePolitical @admin_270 . Send me an email if anything is urgent. I'll respond there. I think most of you have my email. Or should. Have fun everyone. 

What's your email? I tried to send you a message but it said I couldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to retreat from this game, I am very sorry. I cannot estimate a date when I will be back in full capacity and therefore it does not make any sense to occupy my spot anymore. I am sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. The entering has officially ended. Looks like the "west" will consist of @NYrepublican vs @NYConservative, and @Ido vs @CalebsParadox . I will give a week for all of you to play the 2-3 games together. Both of you guys have to play white at least once, and the winner of the first game will decide whether they want white or not if it goes to three. I will play @Kingthero, and since @vcczar and @Conservative Elector 2 dropped out, whoever wins between us will go to the GM game.

Best of luck to you guys!

(use lichess, 10 minutes with 3 second increments)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CalebsParadox @ThePotatoWalrus sorry for being offline for so long, School started and all of that shit, i may be able to play on Tuesday next week since i'm going to the US for a 2 day long trip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Okay. The entering has officially ended. Looks like the "west" will consist of @NYrepublican vs @NYConservative, and @Ido vs @CalebsParadox . I will give a week for all of you to play the 2-3 games together. Both of you guys have to play white at least once, and the winner of the first game will decide whether they want white or not if it goes to three. I will play @Kingthero, and since @vcczar and @Conservative Elector 2 dropped out, whoever wins between us will go to the GM game.

Best of luck to you guys!

(use lichess, 10 minutes with 3 second increments)

I'll be on today until work in the evening, same with tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have completed three games with @Kingthero , he had a really solid game and I won a close one in the first game, we drew the second game, and I got really lucky and ended up winning the third one to bring it 2-0 (2.5-0.5 with draws), though I played him while he was eating, so that may have thrown some of the close games in my favor. Really solid player, and unless @vcczar or @Conservative Elector 2 challenge me it appears that I am going to the final round uncontested.

Thanks again to @Kingthero !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×