270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lemass17

Which is more useful in your opinion: Ad Power, Ground Power or Leader?

I've become quite good at Congress and Prime Minister Infinity but I seem to struggle at President infinity. It always seems like my opponent has more CPs than me and the key states normally get swamped by more ads, scandals and Ground Strength from them than I can afford. I wanted to ask what you think is a better use of CPs. Is it Ground Strength (Organisation Strength and Footsoldiers), Ads or Campaigner Actions (Barnstorming or Rallies)? Also do Surrogates and Leader Improvements (Issue Familiarity and Debating Skill) do much good?

I'm assuming you're switching around your platform to get maximum bonuses on issues, right?

I would say mostly study in the beginning, increase your candidate's Command and Spin strength, and barnstorm for the remainder of the time to get random barnstorm bonuses. Once you get several issues high on bonuses, spending a significant amount (half or more) on internet ads can get you a large amount of momentum quickly, helping with endorsers (which allow one-time boosts to get large amounts of organizational work done).

15 hours ago, Thunder said:

I'm assuming you're switching around your platform to get maximum bonuses on issues, right?

I would say mostly study in the beginning, increase your candidate's Command and Spin strength, and barnstorm for the remainder of the time to get random barnstorm bonuses. Once you get several issues high on bonuses, spending a significant amount (half or more) on internet ads can get you a large amount of momentum quickly, helping with endorsers (which allow one-time boosts to get large amounts of organizational work done).

Thanks.

So do bonuses gained from barnstorming apply to ads as well? I thought they only applied while barnstorming in that region.

38 minutes ago, Lemass17 said:

Thanks.

So do bonuses gained from barnstorming apply to ads as well? I thought they only applied while barnstorming in that region.

They should (you can see the nationwide bonuses in your platform screen by clicking to change but not changing). It’ll say in your notes something like “Your barnstorming in Alaska has given you an insight into Integrity (+1 issue bonus).

Look, as my "pleb" rank suggests, im not a professional like mister @Thunder here, but I can tell you from experience I think the higher the leader attributes, the better you do, Ive actually made test campaigns for this type of thing and my conclusion was leader attributes.

7 hours ago, NYConservative said:

Look, as my "pleb" rank suggests, im not a professional like mister @Thunder here, but I can tell you from experience I think the higher the leader attributes, the better you do, Ive actually made test campaigns for this type of thing and my conclusion was leader attributes.

Not really an expert, I've just posted frequently. I'm interested if your strategy has you maxing out anything that's not Debating Skill, Issue Familiarity, Spin, or Command Strength. Haven't tried strategies with more than just those.

3 hours ago, Thunder said:

Not really an expert, I've just posted frequently. I'm interested if your strategy has you maxing out anything that's not Debating Skill, Issue Familiarity, Spin, or Command Strength. Haven't tried strategies with more than just those.

I pretty much just max out everything possible, I focus on Debate Skill, issue Familiarity and Spin, but sometimes in tough elections I just try everything possible.

I typically max out debate skill and issue familiarity, so then I can win debates and use my spin power to boost those stories. Also then cut ads on Issue Familiarity (and barnstorm/rally on it) to bolster a debate success. Sometimes, target other candidates and go negative after a debate win to push them out. I also gradually build out Ground Strength, but you have to remember that footsoldiers and organizational strength only boost you if you build up both. I also do rallies and barnstorming but don't really quite grasp how to maximize them, or how the potential power of one of these events can vary so greatly.