270soft Forum
daons

2013 – Australia House of Representatives

In preparation for a possible addition of the Preference vote for Australia, I’ve decided to port over some of the old Australia scenario’s from the earlier PMI, PM4E versions.

I start with the 2013 – Australia House of Representatives.

Major differences from the original scenario;

• Official polling data/turnout/electorates from the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC)
  • Addition of the AEC as an observer party
  • Extra endorsers
  • Populations set as the same as the eligible voters (couldn’t find data for the individual divisions.)

This will be updated should the preferences system be finalized to take into account the new feature.

AU2013-300x224.png

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2018/08/25/2013-australia-house-of-representatives/

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, daons said:

In preparation for a possible addition of the Preference vote for Australia, I’ve decided to port over some of the old Australia scenario’s from the earlier PMI, PM4E versions.

I start with the 2013 – Australia House of Representatives.

Major differences from the original scenario;

• Official polling data/turnout/electorates from the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC)
  • Addition of the AEC as an observer party
  • Extra endorsers
  • Populations set as the same as the eligible voters (couldn’t find data for the individual divisions.)

This will be updated should the preferences system be finalized to take into account the new feature.

AU2013-300x224.png

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2018/08/25/2013-australia-house-of-representatives/

Please, I'd like to respectively ask that you, @NYrepublican, @LegolasRedbard, and several other posters here no longer use the word "port." It's misleading about the actual process (which is not actually an algorithmic software conversion, like a proper port is, but actually completely remaking said scenario from scratch using only the same bitmap files and actual election information, and often plugging many aspects of them anew in different ways). The term is giving a false expectation of a much simpler and streamlined process than actually exists to new posters, who come to expect an ease of use, or ready churning out, of such scenarios in a method much more indicative of a term in software that would truly be defined as a "port," and I've had to often deal with breaking the sad truth to many of new poster, who expect a state of affairs that isn't present. I'm asking respectfully here.

17 hours ago, Patine said:

Please, I'd like to respectively ask that you, @NYrepublican, @LegolasRedbard, and several other posters here no longer use the word "port." It's misleading about the actual process (which is not actually an algorithmic software conversion, like a proper port is, but actually completely remaking said scenario from scratch using only the same bitmap files and actual election information, and often plugging many aspects of them anew in different ways). The term is giving a false expectation of a much simpler and streamlined process than actually exists to new posters, who come to expect an ease of use, or ready churning out, of such scenarios in a method much more indicative of a term in software that would truly be defined as a "port," and I've had to often deal with breaking the sad truth to many of new poster, who expect a state of affairs that isn't present. I'm asking respectfully here.

That definitely makes sense, I agree that it's not the most accurate term. If it reduces unnecessary pressure on scenario makers, all the better :-)

1 minute ago, daons said:

That definitely makes sense, I agree that it's not the most accurate term. If it reduces unnecessary pressure on scenario makers, all the better :-)

Might I suggest "remake" as a more accurate, but just as simple, term?