270soft Forum

image.thumb.png.99add6a67c6bce289be2b6cb420b359b.png

260 Democratic seats, a fairly good haul, especially for a gerrymandered map. I even unseated the (much hated by me) Warren Davidson

Interestingly, MS and AL had 8 Republican seats for the 3 Democratic seats. The power of gerrymandering.

Any questions about what happened to each seat can be asked now.

1 minute ago, LokiLoki22 said:

260 Democratic seats, a fairly good haul, especially for a gerrymandered map. I even unseated the (much hated by me) Warren Davidson

Interestingly, MS and AL had 8 Republican seats for the 3 Democratic seats. The power of gerrymandering.

How did Iowa turn out?

9 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

How did Iowa turn out?

image.png.e9d266442a63769665e8a789afeda9eb.png

Only change was IA-2, which wasn't even close. Steve King was within 5%, but kept his seat.

13 minutes ago, LokiLoki22 said:

image.png.e9d266442a63769665e8a789afeda9eb.png

Only change was IA-2, which wasn't even close. Steve King was within 5%, but kept his seat.

Darn. Thanks!

53 minutes ago, LokiLoki22 said:

How'd West Virginia do?

6 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

How'd West Virginia do?

All Three seats went GOP by about 56-44

8 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

dem-landsldie.PNG.374363a53158b8a20780de0de5d89bbf.PNG

I raise 33 seats @LokiLoki22

Yes, but did you kill Warren Davidson, aka where a LARGE chunk of my resources went.

Also, that would be the first time since 1939 that Ohio's 8th elected a democrat.

1 minute ago, LokiLoki22 said:

Also, that would be the first time since 1939 that Ohio's 8th elected a democrat.

More turnover and less consistent predictability of which party will almost certainly a very large number of seats or take the EV's the majority of states would actually be of benefit to American political culture. Here in Canada, we're much less forgiving of incumbent parties, even long incumbent parties, who anger or disappoint the voters, and Canada has the greatest turnover rate and least tendency to "safe seat" ideals of any nation that uses an FPTP electoral system anywhere in the world. For a classic, textbook example of this, see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_federal_election,_1993

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

More turnover and less consistent predictability of which party will almost certainly a very large number of seats or take the EV's the majority of states would actually be of benefit to American political culture. Here in Canada, we're much less forgiving of incumbent parties, even long incumbent parties, who anger or disappoint the voters, and Canada has the greatest turnover rate and least tendency to "safe seat" ideals of any nation that uses an FPTP electoral system anywhere in the world. For a classic, textbook example of this, see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_federal_election,_1993

Good. We've gotten complacent down here.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

For a classic, textbook example of this, see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_federal_election,_1993

That was a very historic election. I already read about this many times.

Well I raise you all by a 64 seat Red WaveTM 

image.thumb.png.59f5ef79f84258a0d90415f1dbd7e56e.png

@LokiLoki22 @NYrepublican

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

Well I raise you all by a 64 seat Red WaveTM 

image.thumb.png.59f5ef79f84258a0d90415f1dbd7e56e.png

@LokiLoki22 @NYrepublican

Wow. Did you contest NY-6? Also, how did NY-14 go?

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Wow. Did you contest NY-6? Also, how did NY-14 go?

Grace Meng went unchallenged and Cortez won 76-24. I should go again and try to get my name on all the ballots and see what happens, also try to intentionally knock out all of the really bad Democrats even if it means a smaller majority because it cost a lot to unseat them.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Grace Meng went unchallenged and Cortez won 76-24. I should go again and try to get my name on all the ballots and see what happens, also try to intentionally knock out all of the really bad Democrats even if it means a smaller majority because it cost a lot to unseat them.

Well knock out Cortez and the bad Democrats (Grace is a good one so no need to knock her out).

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Well knock out Cortez and the bad Democrats (Grace is a good one so no need to knock her out).

People like Cortez, Al Green, Pelosi, Hoyer, and all those fools have got to go. I'll come back with my results.

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

So like my crusade against Warren Davidson :P? Also, really nice, my "Red Wave" playthrough I only managed to pick up about 25 seats.

4 minutes ago, LokiLoki22 said:

So like my crusade against Warren Davidson :P? Also, really nice, my "Red Wave" playthrough I only managed to pick up about 25 seats.

Warren Davidson won 75-25 in my scenario btw.

18 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Warren Davidson won 75-25 in my scenario btw.

Damn, unfortunately, that's probably realistic for this area :P. Still.... if we average your red wave with @NYrepublican's blue wave........ It comes up with (about) the current house. So expect no change come November?