270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RI Democrat

UK 2010 - 200 seats for Lib Dems

I think this is the best I've ever done playing as the Lib Dems on the PMI engine:

image.png.00efb8defa33b467a76572b024119ff1.png

Labour completely collapsed and lost some of their most prominent MPs in the process, though I also took a few seats from the Conservatives. Among the prominent MPs defeated were the brothers Miliband, Jack Straw, and David Davis. I actually got Brown to pledge confidence and supply in the post-election negotiations, but it took all my remaining PIPs and a change of issue stance, and there seemed no way to break the impasse after that, so eventually the Conservatives took office in a minority government. Oddly enough, the Conservatives didn't even secure the support of the 2 UUP MPs in the negotiations, which would have given them a working majority since Sinn Fein took 5 and 323/645 = majority of 1. Though I suppose the engine doesn't take account of Sinn Fein's abstentionism.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, RI Democrat said:

I think this is the best I've ever done playing as the Lib Dems on the PMI engine:

image.png.00efb8defa33b467a76572b024119ff1.png

Labour completely collapsed and lost some of their most prominent MPs in the process, though I also took a few seats from the Conservatives. Among the prominent MPs defeated were the brothers Miliband, Jack Straw, and David Davis. I actually got Brown to pledge confidence and supply in the post-election negotiations, but it took all my remaining PIPs and a change of issue stance, and there seemed no way to break the impasse after that, so eventually the Conservatives took office in a minority government. Oddly enough, the Conservatives didn't even secure the support of the 2 UUP MPs in the negotiations, which would have given them a working majority since Sinn Fein took 5 and 323/645 = majority of 1. Though I suppose the engine doesn't take account of Sinn Fein's abstentionism.

Perhaps a given party in PMI should have an "abstentionist" flag to them. After all, the Irish Independence and Republican parties in Northern Ireland before Sinn Fein reformed and reemerged as a formal political party in 1983 (except for a brief period of activity in the '50's) were abstentionist too, I believe. And a more radical Welsh nationalist party than Plaid Cymru, Cymru Goch (which was actually a splinter off the former) back in the '70's and '80's vowed that they would take an abstentionist stance if elected, though they never had a single candidate elected, but the threat was definitely there.