Jump to content
270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

Trump and Obama by the Numbers

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

I was just correcting a misquote @Harris/Ernst 2020 made that bugs me.

I was mistaken to make any interjection at all into this conversation. I was VERY quickly reminded why I'm bone sick of these kinds of debates. I am withdrawing once again, and reiterating not to tag me for these sorts of debates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2018 at 8:15 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@NYrepublican nevermind God is dead:

buzzfeedhutdad.png.3c9f42ffd527ece0309b3e927459a03c.png

Interestingly, according to the Hebrew Wikiquote he once said "God is dead. I was at his funeral."

Here's more Nietzschean quotes on God on that same page

"God speaks bad Greek."

"Your God is dead and only the bores are crying. If you claim there's a hell we'll meet you there."

Here's Nietzsche's most famous quote literally translated from the Hebrew Wikipedia

"God is dead. He will live no more and we are his murderers!"

Interesting, how the quote changed in translation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2018 at 2:48 PM, Kingthero said:

Its good to see CNN actually use baseline facts;

 

Its obviously not all Trump's doing, but he hasn't tanked us.

Most accurate post in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2018 at 12:24 PM, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Barack Obama inherited the recession that began late into W's presidency and wouldn't be until 2011-ish till the economy recovered. 

That said, looking at the these bullet points, one would think Trump would have atleast 50% approval rating; if it weren't for his divisive comments, and pushing for deeply unpopular policies.

I mean if he didn't make such comments he would have never been elected. He didn't really had a good start in the white house anyway with how polarized the electorate is towards him. His first two weeks iirc were full of executive orders that were actually received positively but Trump was still in the negatives for popularity. He never had a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, wolves said:

I mean if he didn't make such comments he would have never been elected. He didn't really had a good start in the white house anyway with how polarized the electorate is towards him. His first two weeks iirc were full of executive orders that were actually received positively but Trump was still in the negatives for popularity. He never had a chance.

His first executive orders were the travel bans, which resulted in the series of protests at the many airports across the nation. That said, I do agree that Trump's brashness helped him both channel the anger conservative leaning voters carried, and also helped him standout in a crowded field of politicians that used focus group tested lines (such as Kasich, and Jeb Bush). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

That said, I do agree that Trump's brashness helped him both channel the anger conservative leaning voters carried, and also helped him standout in a crowded field of politicians that used focus group tested lines (such as Kasich, and Jeb Bush). 

Didn't Hitler and Mussolini do similar tactics in their day when they were just electoral candidates. Oh, excuse me, I forgot. We can't compare Trump to Hitler in any way, shape, or form, whatsoever, no matter how tangential or relative-speaking - because @ThePotatoWalrus said Trump has Jewish relatives and @NYrepublican says his platform isn't based entirely and totally on nothing on genocide (then again, neither was Hitler's - there was a lot more to it than that) - these two things, in and of themselves, apparently mean even make oblique similarities in his electoral campaigning style completely off limits to bring up at all... :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Patine said:

 @NYrepublican says his platform isn't based entirely and totally on nothing on genocide

It's an inaccurate comparison and too emotionally ridden. I've no idea what your talking about here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

It's an inaccurate comparison and too emotionally ridden. I've no idea what your talking about here.

It's something you said a couple times early on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Patine said:

It's something you said a couple times early on...

Turns out you're right on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

Did you read the PM I sent you and @ThePotatoWalrus?

Yes, it was very well-written.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×