270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

Trump and Obama by the Numbers

I didn't see it but if it is showing their numbers after 1.5 years I think it just shows who got handed a better off economy. Those numbers are not 100% because of those two Presidents at least not this early in their presidency in my opinion.

6 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

What do you guys make of this?

bythenumbers.jpg

Barack Obama inherited the recession that began late into W's presidency and wouldn't be until 2011-ish till the economy recovered. 

That said, looking at the these bullet points, one would think Trump would have atleast 50% approval rating; if it weren't for his divisive comments, and pushing for deeply unpopular policies.

Its good to see CNN actually use baseline facts;

Its obviously not all Trump's doing, but he hasn't tanked us.

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Why does Obama look so white in this picture?

It's probable a lighting issue.

19 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

What do you guys make of this?

bythenumbers.jpg

Nice to see it on CNN for once. Also, NEVER use the employment rate it's a fake statistic made up by the Hoover administration to increase market confidence, use the national labor participation rate.

18 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Nice to see it on CNN for once. Also, NEVER use the employment rate it's a fake statistic made up by the Hoover administration to increase market confidence, use the national labor participation rate.

Thank you! I completely agree.

Nice to see that employment and GDP is up. Of course, I'm sure Big D had nothing to do with it.

5 hours ago, Wiw said:

Nice to see that employment and GDP is up. Of course, I'm sure Big D had nothing to do with it.

It'll drop like a rock when the fallout from the increased commodity prices on the economy from the tariff wars begin hitting hard.

5 hours ago, Patine said:

It'll drop like a rock when the fallout from the increased commodity prices on the economy from the tariff wars begin hitting hard.

yep, any day now...

skeletononabench.jpg

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

yep, any day now...

skeletononabench.jpg

You are a good sheepish, loyal, unshakable, unquestioning, closed-minded-to-all-but-your cult-master-whom you believe-can-do-no-wrong-and-is-incapable-of-failing cult of personality acolyte - with these qualities, I only wish I had gotten you in my own cult of personality first...

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

You are a good sheepish, loyal, unshakable, unquestioning, closed-minded-to-all-but-your cult-master-whom you believe-can-do-no-wrong-and-is-incapable-of-failing cult of personality acolyte - with these qualities, I only wish I had gotten you in my own cult of personality first...

Lmao bro, I call out people on both sides for being biased. The left for having unrealistic ideas of Trump's impeachment and hating everything associated with Trump without even realizing what it is, and as you've also seen, I call out right-wing members of the forum like @NYrepublican a lot, and @Reagan04 on abortion, for example. I try to play devil's advocate on everybody.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lmao bro, I call out people on both sides for being biased. The left for having unrealistic ideas of Trump's impeachment and hating everything associated with Trump without even realizing what it is, and as you've also seen, I call out right-wing members of the forum like @NYrepublican a lot, and @Reagan04 on abortion, for example. I try to play devil's advocate on everybody.

But I've never seen you criticize the very foundation and concept of this deep-seated left-right divide that is tearing apart society and government, preventing REAL policies to help the PEOPLE and NATION in the best way at any given time, because of ideological purity and partisan loyalty, sabotage, and spite, and that's destroying all that's worthwhile in the world to satisfy the egos and self-righteousness of political leaders who live in ivory towers and don't really care about the common - like I'm always criticizing this cancer and bleeding wound upon the world!

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

But I've never seen you criticize the very foundation and concept of this deep-seated left-right divide that is tearing apart society and government, preventing REAL policies to help the PEOPLE and NATION in the best way at any given time, because of ideological purity and partisan loyalty, sabotage, and spite, and that's destroying all that's worthwhile in the world to satisfy the egos and self-righteousness of political leaders who live in ivory towers and don't really care about the common - like I'm always criticizing this cancer and bleeding wound upon the world!

You're trying really hard to be woke lmao

10 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'm actually more center center/right. @Reagan04 is the fierce right winger.

4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

You're trying really hard to be woke lmao

It doesn't take a LSD-addicted, crystal-hauling, babbling, humming, weirdo with fizzy hair and multi-coloured robes to see that something is wrong with the way SO MANY people have taken the way the world for granted. It just takes opening one's eyes and not just defaulting to having political ideologues and pundits lie to you and manipulate to their own ends, and then unquestioning swallow everything they feed you.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

It doesn't take a LSD-addicted, crystal-hauling, babbling, humming, weirdo with fizzy hair and multi-coloured robes to see that something is wrong with the way SO MANY people have taken the way the world for granted. It just takes opening one's eyes and not just defaulting to having political ideologues and pundits lie to you and manipulate to their own ends, and then unquestioning swallow everything they feed you.

Hope you're doing okay bro

4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Who hurt you?

God who's punishing us for choices we "made" when we couldn't have chosen otherwise. Basically, a galactic sadist.

3 minutes ago, MRA said:

God who's punishing us for choices we "made" when we couldn't have chosen otherwise. Basically, a galactic sadist.

@Patine is probably better at answering this than I.

9 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine is probably better at answering this than I.

Please, I have asked you nicely not to quote people I have on my ignore, expecting me to "weigh in" on their stupid comments. I'm reiterating this request, because I know it's been a while.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Please, I have asked you nicely not to quote people I have on my ignore, expecting me to "weigh in" on their stupid comments. I'm reiterating this request, because I know it's been a while.

It's bugged me as well at times hence why I asked the great theologican, you, to weigh in.