270soft Forum
IonicAmalgam

Polls randomly incredibly off

I don't know if it is WAD but polls for states will sometimes randomly reset everyone to 0 or 25% of the vote (is this supposed to mean no poll available?) and states will be white. Other times undecideds will have bizarre random sudden movements (where like 100% of the undecideds will shift to one candidate). I got 90% of the vote for a week as Bernie in the Primaries somehow for example (knew it was false) when the game decided Clinton's vote share dropped from 32% to 0%.

I've seen this too. I've never bothered to pour resources into improving the polling stat, so I don't know if it's a function of fog of war or something. That said, it seems like something that'll be fixed by the favorability update.

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

Sounds like a bug. I will look for this while testing.

There's a lot of unrealistic results for example when playing the simulation party in this scenario; Providence,RI went for Trump by 40(!) points and was the most Republican leaning county.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, NYrepublican said:

There's a lot of unrealistic results for example when playing the simulation party in this scenario; Providence,RI went for Trump by 40(!) points and was the most Republican leaning county.

Or how about the (i cant link it for some reason) NY Gubernatorial someone made, NYC was correct, but the most leftist part of the state, like erie county, voted dead red while conservative counties like Greene were leaning Cuomo/Nixon.