270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Progressives win the Battle of the Landslides in a Landslide

Progressives win the Battle of the Landslides in a Landslide, as FDR and LBJ's landslides defeat Reagan and Nixon's landslides 474-64!

I went in calculating this having no clue as to what the outcome will be. Progressives were just soundly more popular in their landslides. 

I chose the top 4 landslides since FDR. It should be noted that every one of these are reelections of sitting presidents. Therefore, it is a mandate on Progressive and Conservative policies. Overall, FDR and LBJ utterly and completely destroy Nixon and Reagan, as they performed better in isolated states in their landslide victories than did their Republican counterparts. Despite massive increases in spending, taxation, expanded government, and New Deal progressive policies, FDR dominated the South as well as usual conservative states Montana and Arizona. LBJ swallowed up most of the rest of the states with equally popular progressive policies such as the Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, Medicare, Medicaid and other progressive policies. Nixon took only three states. Reagan took the much less popular states in the interior. Reagan's victory in New Hampshire was unexpected. 

ProgressiveLandslideVictories.jpg

43 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Aint got shit on George Washington tho

He was unopposed though.

45 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

That's true but only a small fraction of people were allowed to vote then, the state legislature voted or most people at that time. In fact, I think Pennsylvania was the only state that seemed to allow most of it's people (then only white property owners) to vote. 

3 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

He was unopposed though.

and @ThePotatoWalrus and Washington would lose against FDR, LBJ, Nixon, or Reagan because he only had so many states in his elections. 

4 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

He won the electoral votes of 10 states (15 in 1792), and 30,00-40,000-something votes in each election.

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

He won the electoral votes of 10 states (15 in 1792), and 30,00-40,000-something votes in each election.

I'm going off % of popular vote. Washington would win his 10 to 15 states. 

17 minutes ago, Caprice said:

Even then, I feel like the 1789 and 1792 elections were more for electors.

They were. You don't really have elections by popular vote until 1836 or 1840. Prior to then you have several states that don't allow popular vote. South Carolina didn't allow a popular vote until after Reconstruction!