270soft Forum
IonicAmalgam

Suggestion: 2 new Issues for President Infinity

Add Electoral Reform and Minority Rights as two new issues.

Electoral Reform:
Far-Left: Our elections are being stolen by the wealthy, we need public funding and direct democracy!
Left: We should reverse citizens united and reduce the amount spent on elections.
Center-Left: We should expand voting hours, locations, and methods for minorities.
Center: Elections are working as they currently are, get rid of gerrymandering.
Center-Right: Gerrymandering is a part of our tradition, we should keep it.
Right: We need strict voter IDs to prevent fraud.
Far-Right: The left is busing in illegals and criminals to steal our elections!

Minority Rights:
Far-Left: Minorities are under attack. Minority Lives Matter!
Left: We need to address criminal and education issues affecting minorities and expand affirmative action.
Center-Left: We should provide additional support and opportunities for minorities to integrate.
Center: We should continue enforcing laws we have.
Center-Right: Racism is a thing of the past, we will only be free if we treat everyone equally
Right: We have to support our police, communities, and values! Blue Lives Matter!
Far-Right: Our communities are being overrun with illegals and migrants! Build a wall and deport illegals.

On this topic, I would also suggest:
* Add Drug Policy (Opiods and Marijuana)
Far Left: We should legalize all drugs to end the drug crisis.
Left: Legalize Marijuana for sale and consumption by the public.
Center-Left: Decriminalize possession of Marijuana and focus on treatment of individuals. Sale of drugs remains illegal.
Center: Maintain current drug policy.
Center-Right: Increase funding for prevention programs, roll back needle programs.
Right: Substantial increase in funding for enforcement against hard and gateway drugs.
Far-Right: Our communities are suffering. We need a crackdown on drugs, gangs, and crime. (see Trump's statements about Duterte)

* Merge Defense Funding and Military Intervention issues, there are 3 military issues. War on Terror is already a proxy for Military Intervention
* Convert Abortion Issue to Women's Rights (include gender equality)
* Change Planned Parenthood to Emily's List
____
Events: I would like there to be a way to have event changes tailored to specific states instead of the country as a whole (to simulate events that polarize the country vs pushing the center of a position one way or another), not possible currently.

I also think that there should be a balance between Domestic, Foreign, and Economic issues as much as possible or practical. 

I haven't counted how many there are of these three categories, maybe it is balanced, but if it isn't, then it is something to strive for. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I also think that there should be a balance between Domestic, Foreign, and Economic issues as much as possible or practical. 

I haven't counted how many there are of these three categories, maybe it is balanced, but if it isn't, then it is something to strive for. 

Why not split issues into categories and have top issues for each category? It's hard to have equal numbers between the three without having duplicate issue types that are basically the same.