Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Most popular president in each state since Carter

Recommended Posts

I put together a map of the most popular president elect (or president reelect) for each state. The clear favorites are Reagan and Obama. No one else comes close. Trump is a far far distant 3rd. Carter, believe it or not, is fourth. No other winner can claim the highest % voter turnout in a state. 

While not recorded on here, it's worth noting that Hillary Clinton and Mitt Romney were the best losing nominees in regards to having the highest percentage of voter support in isolated states while losing the election. George HW Bush did not exceed Reagan in a single state. Bill Clinton was stifled by Perot 3rd party runs. Both Gore and Kerry did respectable enough to keep George W. Bush's numbers down, except in Alabama. John McCain did rather well for a losing candidate despite being blown out by Obama. Hillary Clinton was the most effective losing nominee in the most states. 

Reagan was shockingly popular in 1984. He performed better than Romney ever did in Utah and better than any of the Bushes did in Texas. 

 

BestPresInEachState.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I put together a map of the most popular president elect (or president reelect) for each state. The clear favorites are Reagan and Obama. No one else comes close. Trump is a far far distant 3rd. Carter, believe it or not, is fourth. No other winner can claim the highest % voter turnout in a state. 

While not recorded on here, it's worth noting that Hillary Clinton and Mitt Romney were the best losing nominees in regards to having the highest percentage of voter support in isolated states while losing the election. George HW Bush did not exceed Reagan in a single state. Bill Clinton was stifled by Perot 3rd party runs. Both Gore and Kerry did respectable enough to keep George W. Bush's numbers down, except in Alabama. John McCain did rather well for a losing candidate despite being blown out by Obama. Hillary Clinton was the most effective losing nominee in the most states. 

Reagan was shockingly popular in 1984. He performed better than Romney ever did in Utah and better than any of the Bushes did in Texas. 

 

BestPresInEachState.jpg

As much as I highly dislike most of his policies, I have to admit that Reagan was the last U.S. President who could truly bring together and functional and meaningful majority mandate of the nation under his administration. Every U.S. President thereafter, of either party, each of their main G.E. opponents, and most meaningful defeated primary candidates in subsequent elections, with a very few POSSIBLE exceptions, have been highly divisive in policy and ideology, unrepresentative of such a functional and meaningful majority, and completely unable to bring such mandate into unity under their own administrations (or potential administrations, for defeated candidates), and almost all of them spent so much effort viciously and unrelentlngly attacking and villainizing the opposing party as a whole, that it always further compounded the inherent issues of sharp division and lack unity they represented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Patine said:

As much as I highly dislike most of his policies, I have to admit that Reagan was the last U.S. President who could truly bring together and functional and meaningful majority mandate of the nation under his administration. Every U.S. President thereafter, of either party, each of their main G.E. opponents, and most meaningful defeated primary candidates in subsequent elections, with a very few POSSIBLE exceptions, have been highly divisive in policy and ideology, unrepresentative of such a functional and meaningful majority, and completely unable to bring such mandate into unity under their own administrations (or potential administrations, for defeated candidates), and almost all of them spent so much effort viciously and unrelentlngly attacking and villainizing the opposing party as a whole, that it always further compounded the inherent issues of sharp division and lack unity they represented.

I liked Clinton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I liked Clinton

I thought he was overvillified and targeted far too harshly by critics and pundits, more than he deserved. But then again, he didn't accomplish THAT much, and had no profound vision for the nation. And, he was a personal close friend of Nixon's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

I thought he was overvillified and targeted far too harshly by critics and pundits, more than he deserved. But then again, he didn't accomplish THAT much, and had no profound vision for the nation. And, he was a personal close friend of Nixon's.

You like Nixon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imagine how great Nixon would be if he wasn't so corrupt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

You like Nixon?

No. That was meant as a mark against.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

No. That was meant as a mark against.

So his presidency is affected by his personal friendships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

So his presidency is affected by his personal friendships?

If a CEO of a big corporation had a close friend who was a mobster who was caught and evaded jail time by a plea bargain, how well are the shareholders going to come to trust that CEO, even if only on a subconscious level?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

If a CEO of a big corporation had a close friend who was a mobster who was caught and evaded jail time by a plea bargain, how well are the shareholders going to come to trust that CEO, even if only on a subconscious level?

So you're saying business experience can translate to political experience?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

So you're saying business experience can translate to political experience?

It's an ANALOG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

So you're saying business experience can translate to political experience?

 

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

If a CEO of a big corporation had a close friend who was a mobster who was caught and evaded jail time by a plea bargain, how well are the shareholders going to come to trust that CEO, even if only on a subconscious level?

Both of you are being rather insufferable in this exchange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reagan04 said:

 

Both of you are being rather insufferable in this exchange.

I'm trying to make a point. I firmly believe he knows and understands the point I'm making, but is engaging in childish pedantic tactics to pretend he doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

I'm trying to make a point. I firmly believe he knows and understands the point I'm making, but is engaging in childish pedantic tactics to pretend he doesn't.

The only way your 'point' would be reasonable or relevant would be if my statement were true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

@ThePotatoWalrus go to bed and wake up with a clear head, a new day's perspective, and maybe a tiny modicum of sense, and I'll talk to you again then.

k goodnight my sweet prince ❤️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×