270soft Forum
NYrepublican

I fear for Americas future as a free country

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Shit, meant to say publicly traded 'companies'. My bad.

You just said that Google was government owned.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

You just said that Google was government owned.

I said it was a public company, sure.

I said it was a public company, sure.

And you said that meant government-owned

12 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

If a company is publicly-traded it is owned by governmental entities. 

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

And you said that meant government-owned

Yeah

Yeah

You're just trolling at this point. I'm ignoring you on this thread here on out.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

You're just trolling at this point. I'm ignoring you on this thread here on out.

I don't know how you managed to do it but you literally avoided answering the simple question that sparked this discussion in the first place in the fear of creating a double-standard. Congratulations.

11 hours ago, vcczar said:

Fox News isn't the least biased. They don't even report a lot of the negative stuff that Trump says or does. CNN at least reports negative stuff that even Democrats say. However, both CNN and Fox News are too biased. Here's a chart that was made recently. Fox News is a little hard to see, but it's low down on the "fact reporting" side just like Fox. 

Second-Edition-News-Chart.V2.vsdx_.jpg

Now you see, anyone who calls the BBC or Reuters "fake news" is clearly a power-mad conspirator. Which rather explains a lot!

(Now, where does The Sun fall on that chart?)

11 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Publicly-traded stocks are owned by government entities. Also answer the question.

Most stock markets are not even government owned entities (though most have rules and regulations put on them by the government of the nation they're located in, and there's international stocks trading protocols that as are powerful as laws), except like the ones in cities such as Beijing, Riyadh, Dubai, and a few others of note. Surprise!

3 hours ago, Patine said:

Most stock markets are not even government owned entities (though most have rules and regulations put on them by the government of the nation they're located in, and there's international stocks trading protocols that as are powerful as laws), except like the ones in cities such as Beijing, Riyadh, Dubai, and a few others of note. Surprise!

My man if you kept reading you'd see I corrected myself here

My man if you kept reading you'd see I corrected myself here

And then said that we live in a communist country and that the free market is a charade to cover it up.

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

And then said that we live in a communist country and that the free market is a charade to cover it up.

That would be great premise for a dystopian science fiction novel or movie, if properly and carefully done.