270soft Forum
NYrepublican

I fear for Americas future as a free country

2 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Infowars is unironically one of the most reputable sources in the news. The fact that it is being censored is horrid.

I know they're spraying us every day. I know they're spraying my family. I know we're all filled with heavy metals. The U.N. says if you don't play ball with them, they'll just spray you and shut down your weather. - Alex Jones

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

He's an entertainer as well as an anchor

Then why did his wife divorce him

You'll like this

I love how you made this ill-informed post but you're literally okay with a man being purged from the internet by the biggest tech companies just for having extreme political views. That is a double standard.

I love how you made this ill-informed post but you're literally okay with a man being purged from the internet by the biggest tech companies just for having extreme political views. That is a double standard.

No one else has this stuff

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/23/us/alex-jones-sandy-hook-suit/index.html

https://www.politico.com/armed-man-arrested-near-dc-pizzeria-targeted-by-fake-news

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Regardless of the person, do you think it is right that an individual can be purged from the internet for having extreme views? 

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Regardless of the person, do you think it is right that an individual can be purged from the internet for having extreme views? 

If it mightn't be protected by the 1st amendment (some of his statements might not be) they have the right to not host him. He can still host it on his website.

If it mightn't be protected by the 1st amendment (some of his statements might not be) they have the right to not host him. He can still host it on his website.

You have the right to spread conspiracy theories. All of his statements are protected under it, no matter how ridiculous. Do you still think that media companies have the right to silence an individual for having extreme views, even when those views are protected under the Constitution?

3 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

You have the right to spread conspiracy theories. All of his statements are protected under it, no matter how ridiculous. Do you still think that media companies have the right to silence an individual for having extreme views, even when those views are protected under the Constitution?

He can still host it on his website.

He can still host it on his website.

That doesn't matter, and you still haven't answered my question.

Does a media company have the right to purge an individual from the internet for having extreme views, even when those views are protected under the Constitution?

That doesn't matter, and you still haven't answered my question.

Does a media company have the right to purge an individual from the internet for having extreme views, even when those views are protected under the Constitution?

No one controls the internet so your question is irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

No one controls the internet so your question is irrelevant.

My man i'm not asking who controls the internet. I'm asking if a media company on the internet has the right to purge an individual for having extreme, unpopular views? Do you not realize how totalitarian that seems? By refusing to answer the question you are creating a double standard when you criticized people for supporting an individual banning media companies lmao

Yes, the first amendment only protects from the national and state governments from infringing on your right to freedom of speech, do note however I don't support the banning of Alex Jones.

My man i'm not asking who controls the internet. I'm asking if a media company on the internet has the right to purge an individual for having extreme, unpopular views? 

6 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Those are 2 very different questions.

My man i'm not asking who controls the internet. I'm asking if a media company on the internet has the right to purge an individual for having extreme, unpopular views? Do you not realize how totalitarian that seems? By refusing to answer the question you are creating a double standard when you criticized people for supporting an individual banning media companies lmao

So you, who has expressed utter and complete faith that entrusting as much power and responsibility of running affairs in the world to corporations over government because corporate running of things, and massive corporate deregulation, lifting of government oversight, and taxation is ALWAYS preferable to governments running ANYTHING whenever possible NOW admit corporations are capable of sinister, totalitarian, and illegal deprival of rights that it would require GOVERNMENTS to redress?

7 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Yes, the first amendment only protects from the national and state governments from infringing on your right to freedom of speech, do note however I don't support the banning of Alex Jones.

Yes, but many of those companies are publicly owned. The same reason the courts ruled it unconstitutional for Trump to block people on his personal account.

Yes, but many of those companies are publicly owned. The same reason the courts ruled it unconstitutional for Trump to block people on his personal account.

Spotify is not,nor is Facebook or Google.

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Those are 2 very different questions.

Not really, you're just trying to avoid answering it.

Not really, you're just trying to avoid answering it.

No,you just changed the question.

Spotify is not,nor is Facebook or Google.

Google is definitely publicly owned.

Google is definitely publicly owned.

Is Alphabet Inc. a public entity?

No,you just changed the question.

How? Because of the Constitutional part? You know I meant to include it in the first one.

I'll finalize the question:

Does a media company have the right to purge an individual from the internets for having unpopular, extreme views, even when those views are Constitutionally protected? If you say yes, people like you are what is really endangering America's future as a free country.

How? Because of the Constitutional part? You know I meant to include it in the first one.

I'll finalize the question:

Does a media company have the right to purge an individual for having unpopular, extreme views, even when those views are Constitutionally protected? If you say yes, people like you are what is really endangering America's future as a free country.

I haven't looked into why they removed him yet. If it's because of his libel which he's being sued for I'd say it was justified.

Is Alphabet Inc. a public entity?

yes lmfao c'mon cuh

alphabetpublic.png

Publicly owned by private citizens, Donald Trump is the President of the United States, it isn't equivalent.