270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rodja

House of Cards

So the finale of HoC is coming this November 2.

This has been my favorite thing on Netflix since 2013 but now i am skeptical what its gonna look like with no FU(not justifiying Spacey he is pedo rapist).

What is your opinion?Do you watch HoC?What do you expect from Spaceyless season? 

house-of-cards-season-6-poster-405x600.jpg

I am also skeptical, highly, skeptical that Robin Wright can pull it off.

6 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I am also skeptical, highly, skeptical that Robin Wright can pull it off.

Her character is expressionless and doesn't have much range otherwise. She's good as a supporting character. I'm still going watch every episode though. 

9 hours ago, vcczar said:

Her character is expressionless and doesn't have much range otherwise. She's good as a supporting character. I'm still going watch every episode though. 

This absolutely sums up how i feel too.

1 hour ago, Rodja said:

So the finale of HoC is coming this November 2.

This has been my favorite thing on Netflix since 2013 but now i am skeptical what its gonna look like with no FU(not justifiying Spacey he is pedo rapist).

What is your opinion?Do you watch HoC?What do you expect from Spaceyless season? 

house-of-cards-season-6-poster-405x600.jpg

I absolutley loved Seasons 1 and 2, but I reckon that by the time Season 5 came along the show was tired out. I will still watch it, if only to see if they write out Spacey in an interesting way, not just have him be dissapeared off-screen

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

There just isn't enough emotion there. It's really a shame Spacey turned out to be a terrible person, but he was one of the greatest actors we've had in a long time.

2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

There just isn't enough emotion there. It's really a shame Spacey turned out to be a terrible person, but he was one of the greatest actors we've had in a long time.

I like his new role in Billionaire Boys Club where he plays a gay con artist who deceives a group of young men.

The show has been about Claire since at least season 3, though I would argue that season 2 also had quite a bit about her and even a little bit season 1 as well. Frank was an unbearably 2-dimensional character by season 5. I'm excited she finally gets to be the lead and I think she would've been by now regardless of real life.

11 hours ago, lizphairphreak said:

The show has been about Claire since at least season 3, though I would argue that season 2 also had quite a bit about her and even a little bit season 1 as well. Frank was an unbearably 2-dimensional character by season 5. I'm excited she finally gets to be the lead and I think she would've been by now regardless of real life.

She never had the charm and wit of Francis Underwood.He was truly unique character i loved and loathed in the same time.This is just like Sopranos with no Tony or X-files without Duhovny.And btw i never really liked Robin as an actress except as Jenny in Forrest Gump.

Your opinions regarding acting are your own and are justified reasons to not like someone in a show, so I won't challenge you there. I will say that Claire wasn't supposed to have the same strengths as Frank; he could be charming and funny and bombastic, as well as threatening. He could use his ability to present extreme emotions as a way to manipulate others. Claire, on the other hand, stays cold and doesn't show her emotions to that level. She uses the coldness as her way to manipulate others, which doesn't play out as entertainingly on television, but doesn't negate the character. What I will say, though, is that throughout the entire show, Claire's character is able to slowly and quietly steer the direction, as well as slowly and surely build herself in. I think Season 5 jumped too fast to her being the lead in power, but it's been moving that way for a while.

5 hours ago, Edouard said:

RIP.

I liked the season except for that &*#@ of final episode.

It was an excellent show until Frank became president. After that, it was only a good show. The final season was okay. I didn’t care for the ending. 

8 hours ago, vcczar said:

It was an excellent show until Frank became president. After that, it was only a good show. The final season was okay. I didn’t care for the ending. 

If the fourth season was dedicated towards the fall of Underwood's "empire", I believe it would have been a better season; in my opinion- to literally see his entire house of cards collapse.

The last season touched on interesting things and then threw them out. It was clear they had a planned showdown between Frank and Claire, and then ultimately gave the Frank role in that conflict to Doug (a character I never liked.) It would've worked so much better if the ending they had was the end of episode 4 and then there were 4 episodes of Claire actually being president.

57 minutes ago, lizphairphreak said:

The last season touched on interesting things and then threw them out. It was clear they had a planned showdown between Frank and Claire, and then ultimately gave the Frank role in that conflict to Doug (a character I never liked.) It would've worked so much better if the ending they had was the end of episode 4 and then there were 4 episodes of Claire actually being president.

I thought Doug's character was the 2nd most interesting character. I predicted many seasons ago that he would be the one to kill Frank. I was expecting him to get Claire in the last season. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

I thought Doug's character was the 2nd most interesting character. I predicted many seasons ago that he would be the one to kill Frank. I was expecting him to get Claire in the last season. 

I really wish Rachel succeeded at the end of season 2, I thought he was such a run-of-the-mill "male psychopath" type character, the only thing interesting was how he would get addicted to things/people... which then didn't make sense by the end because he and Claire had always had a distance that the showrunners suddenly pretended didn't exist by having him kill Frank (and try to kill her.) It was so nonsensical.

41 minutes ago, lizphairphreak said:

I really wish Rachel succeeded at the end of season 2, I thought he was such a run-of-the-mill "male psychopath" type character, the only thing interesting was how he would get addicted to things/people... which then didn't make sense by the end because he and Claire had always had a distance that the showrunners suddenly pretended didn't exist by having him kill Frank (and try to kill her.) It was so nonsensical.

I'm tired, all-in-all of endless of psychopathic/sociopathic villains and antiheroes dominating pop culture franchises. I want a return to the larger-than-life, charismatic, and colourful figures with grand plans (but not just by being ridiculous parodies and cartoons) like they were from the mid-90's and before. I want fictional villains to be ESCAPIST from the real world. But, it seems all the deconstructionists out there are getting that hard to get by, because such villains aren't "edgy" enough, and children's advocacy groups say it's "glorifying evil." The world is going down the tubes from all directions...

18 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm tired, all-in-all of endless of psychopathic/sociopathic villains and antiheroes dominating pop culture franchises. I want a return to the larger-than-life, charismatic, and colourful figures with grand plans (but not just by being ridiculous parodies and cartoons) like they were from the mid-90's and before. I want fictional villains to be ESCAPIST from the real world. But, it seems all the deconstructionists out there are getting that hard to get by, because such villains aren't "edgy" enough, and children's advocacy groups say it's "glorifying evil." The world is going down the tubes from all directions...

Finally, you sound like you are part of our generation.

9 hours ago, NYConservative said:

Finally, you sound like you are part of our generation.

What generation do I usually sound like to you, out of curiosity?

If you want my opinion the transition has been awfull, Frank passed from a genius evil man to an uncapable president then to a old useless grampa depending of his wife for surviving and refusing to admit it untill to die like a poop.

Excuse me if words are strong, I do not talk at all with feelings but I want to show why according to me the serie shutdowned ^^.