270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Who Is America: Sacha Baron Cohen

Has anyone else been watching this series? I think it's hilarious. He somehow gets all these mostly major Republicans to say and/or do really embarrassing things. He's gotten Dick Cheney, Trent Lott, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Roy Moore, and several other people. Bernie Sanders and Ted Koppel have also been on it, but they came off as rational. A Georgia state congressman was forced to resign over what he said and did on Cohen's show. 

I haven't been watching it, but I did see the clips of Bernie Sanders and Roy Moore. I always wonder how people are stupid enough to actually go through with these types of interviews with Baron Cohen. I actually saw an old clip with Baron Cohen attempting to interview Trump on his old TV show, but Trump surprisingly saw through it and immediately left before embarrassing himself.

12 minutes ago, jnewt said:

I haven't been watching it, but I did see the clips of Bernie Sanders and Roy Moore. I always wonder how people are stupid enough to actually go through with these types of interviews with Baron Cohen. I actually saw an old clip with Baron Cohen attempting to interview Trump on his old TV show, but Trump surprisingly saw through it and immediately left before embarrassing himself.

I saw that one. He sort of hung around until he got impatient. You should see clips from this new show, especially the Jason Spencer "skit"

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Has anyone else been watching this series? I think it's hilarious. He somehow gets all these mostly major Republicans to say and/or do really embarrassing things. He's gotten Dick Cheney, Trent Lott, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Roy Moore, and several other people. Bernie Sanders and Ted Koppel have also been on it, but they came off as rational. A Georgia state congressman was forced to resign over what he said and did on Cohen's show. 

I don't own a television.

10 hours ago, Patine said:

I don't own a television.

You can see a lot of it online. 

8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

You can see a lot of it online. 

What have I just viewed.

5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

What have I just viewed.

Haha yeah. That one was on last night. That's a new character. Watch the Jason Spencer one. That one is even crazier. Also the Kingsman, Arizona "skit"

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Haha yeah. That one was on last night. That's a new character. Watch the Jason Spencer one. That one is even crazier. Also the Kingsman, Arizona "skit"

Oh, I saw the Jason Spencer one, I want to scratch my eyes out. I mean, at least he's only tricking either fringe and local or old and washed up politicians. If he were to get someone major, that would be insane.

3 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

What have I just viewed.

Jesus Christ if that is actually the thing that guy is such a degenerate lmfao. Why do grown ass men act like this?

3 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Jesus Christ if that is actually the thing that guy is such a degenerate lmfao. Why do grown ass men act like this?

Which guy are you talking about? You should see what Arpaio said he'd agree to do for Trump at the end. 

5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Oh, I saw the Jason Spencer one, I want to scratch my eyes out. I mean, at least he's only tricking either fringe and local or old and washed up politicians. If he were to get someone major, that would be insane.

He also got a bunch of NRA people (or allied to the NRA) to endorse arming toddlers with guns. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Which guy are you talking about? You should see what Arpaio said he'd agree to do for Trump at the end. 

Obviously, I dislike both of them, but for a guy to act and talk like that actually gave me physical pain. Instead of arguing with them all he does is try to get them to agree with words that they don't understand. That is literally the only thing this guy brings to the table. I still don't understand why the hell he has to talk like he has a mental disability or some shit. I will admit the end was kind of funny but god damn I just want to punch that guy in the mouth (both of them, but mostly the degenerate). Also putting someone in a position where they are forced to resign from their office that they worked really hard for makes you a piece of shit and I guarantee that you would have a problem with it too if that guy were a Democrat.

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Obviously, I dislike both of them, but for a guy to act and talk like that actually gave me physical pain. Instead of arguing with them all he does is try to get them to agree with words that they don't understand. That is literally the only thing this guy brings to the table. I still don't understand why the hell he has to talk like he has a mental disability or some shit. I will admit the end was kind of funny but god damn I just want to punch that guy in the mouth (both of them, but mostly the degenerate). Also putting someone in a position where they are forced to resign from their office that they worked really hard for makes you a piece of shit and I guarantee that you would have a problem with it too if that guy were a Democrat.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it were a Democrat. I don't want any idiots, racists, homophobes, nativists in office. If Cohen or a conservative version of Cohen was uprooting Democrats that were basically exactly like Spencer, I'd be for it. I think the whole government should be purged (non-violently, of course) of bigots, racists, and irrational people, and corrupt people. 

In regards to Cohen, that's the only time he's played as that character. Watch the Jason Spencer skit and the one in Kingman Arizona. Pretty hilarious stuff. I hope he somehow gets to Trump (he had as Ali G like 20 years ago), especially if he somehow gets Trump to admit to things he says he didn't do (but only so long as these things are things that Trump did in fact do). 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it were a Democrat. I don't want any idiots, racists, homophobes, nativists in office. If Cohen or a conservative version of Cohen was uprooting Democrats that were basically exactly like Spencer, I'd be for it. I think the whole government should be purged (non-violently, of course) of bigots, racists, and irrational people, and corrupt people. 

In regards to Cohen, that's the only time he's played as that character. Watch the Jason Spencer skit and the one in Kingman Arizona. Pretty hilarious stuff. I hope he somehow gets to Trump (he had as Ali G like 20 years ago), especially if he somehow gets Trump to admit to things he says he didn't do (but only so long as these things are things that Trump did in fact do). 

I'm afraid I agree with  @vcczar, there,  @ThePotatoWalrus, that an elected official who actually beliefs that may prejudice or corrupt their exercise of office, to the degree they, themselves, feel the obligation or pressure to resign when they're brought out, shouldn't have been in that office, from an ethical point of view, in the first, and probably lied, or at least deliberately and tactically omitted to a fair number of their constituents to get elected. And I too don't care about what political party they may belong to, because I don't have the faulted and flawed belief, like so many Americans, and like an amazing number of non-Americans looking in, that one or another of the two Duopoly American parties has an inherent or proven track record of superiority in the area of ETHICS, INTEGRITY, PERSONAL MORALS, or HONESTY of it's members over the other at all really. And trying to deflect this by saying "he worked really hard for his position and career, and to bring it down like that made him a piece of shit." Well, to be fair, Hitler worked really hard for political position too...

19 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

What have I just viewed.

This has to be his best character in terms of continuously making me laugh. 

On 8/6/2018 at 1:26 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I think it's kind of funny that this Cohen character bothers you so much, because I kinda get the idea that you're almost exactly like him, but that might be why he irritates you, since he's sort of a mirror. I feel like you say a lot of childish things on here occasionally just to get a reaction. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I think it's kind of funny that this Cohen character bothers you so much, because I kinda get the idea that you're almost exactly like him, but that might be why he irritates you, since he's sort of a mirror. I feel like you say a lot of childish things on here occasionally just to get a reaction. 

Please provide me with a childish quote of mine. @NYrepublican is pretty good at digging up this kind of stuff.

41 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Please provide me with a childish quote of mine. @NYrepublican is pretty good at digging up this kind of stuff.

Oh this is gonna be fun...

43 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

That's probably true. Anime is stupid and for degenerates don't @ me

On 8/5/2018 at 11:14 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I get your point but cutting grass is different than having an abortion. Also apparently I belong to the minority that believe that viruses are lifeforms. Don't @ me

On 8/5/2018 at 10:50 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I wanna hear you ask not nicely

On 8/1/2018 at 2:21 AM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Sweet dreams b

Wholesome ❤️ 

On 7/31/2018 at 9:58 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

i drop out right now didn't realize i was speaking with a pro reeeeeeeeeeee

On 7/31/2018 at 9:58 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

My only qualifications are that I love oatmeal and 4chan is my favorite website

On 7/31/2018 at 10:02 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Also I have nice hair

On 7/31/2018 at 9:27 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Are you positive that you are not being affected by carbon monoxide or any other conditions which could leave you delirious or forgetful? If not I have no idea how to help my brother.

On 7/31/2018 at 9:02 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Listen here buddy oatmeal is a nutritionally beneficial and delicious food to eat at any time of the day, especially when it is topped off with cinnamon and sliced apples, and served with a cup of sweet tea and a side of sliced potatoes.

On 8/5/2018 at 10:24 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Also congrats to my boi @NYrepublican

On 8/5/2018 at 7:07 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Idk but even with pregnancy according to that logic you're killing 299,999,999 million lmao

On 8/5/2018 at 6:58 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

lmao rip

On 8/5/2018 at 6:38 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

The only better insult I've ever heard was, "eat shit hoe"

On 8/5/2018 at 6:17 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

He prob busy b

On 8/5/2018 at 4:30 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Pretty sure anything under like 65 is legally retarded

And that's just from the last week...

1 minute ago, jnewt said:

Oh this is gonna be fun...

And that's just from the last week...

Lmao that was awesome. Not sure how the last one was childish though because that was technically true (except it was 70, not 65)

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lmao that was awesome. Not sure how the last one was childish though because that was technically true (except it was 70, not 65)

Well the government doesn't define people as being "mentally retarded," especially on the basis of IQ (psychiatrists may define someone with an IQ under 70 as having as an "intellectual disability"). And, "retarded" is an out-of-fashion word used almost exclusively by middle schoolers.

1 minute ago, jnewt said:

Well the government doesn't define people as being "mentally retarded," especially on the basis of IQ (psychiatrists may define someone with an IQ under 70 as having as an "intellectual disability"). And, "retarded" is an out-of-fashion word used almost exclusively by middle schoolers.

Not really. "Retarded", "idiot", and "moron" are all technically words to describe different legal mental disabilities. Creating a new specific word to describe someone e.g. "little person" instead of "midget" in my opinion, is discriminatory.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Not really. "Retarded", "idiot", and "moron" are all technically words to describe different legal mental disabilities. Creating a new specific word to describe someone e.g. "little person" instead of "midget" in my opinion, is discriminatory.

Not really. As someone who works in an office specifically to give a fixed income to those too severely handicapped to support themselves by employment, I'm well aware of the proper, current, legal, and official terminologies relevant here. Also, by technical definition, though it can cause difficulties in life and at times need home and other adjustments, dwarfism and giantism aren't technically classified as "handicaps" in that sense, anymore.

8 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

"Retarded" and "midget" are both offensive terms, and, while "midget" is definitely still used by plenty of mature adults (simply because they are unaware it's offensive, or are just too used to saying it), "retarded" is really not used by any mature adults. I'm not aware of the government defining "retarded" to describe a legal mental disability, but if it is written anywhere I'm sure it's from back when it was actually a term used in the medical field. That word is no longer used by anybody in the medical field (as it has been replaced by "intellectually disabled"), and, thus, it is used almost exclusively by middle schoolers.

@ThePotatoWalrusBy technical definition Bill Clinton claimed to not having had sex with Lewinsky on the technicality that the court definition of sex didn't include oral sex.

@Patine

Sorry about the lighting in the video on the right hand side.

3 hours ago, jnewt said:

"Retarded" and "midget" are both offensive terms, and, while "midget" is definitely still used by plenty of mature adults (simply because they are unaware it's offensive, or are just too used to saying it), "retarded" is really not used by any mature adults. I'm not aware of the government defining "retarded" to describe a legal mental disability, but if it is written anywhere I'm sure it's from back when it was actually a term used in the medical field. That word is no longer used by anybody in the medical field (as it has been replaced by "intellectually disabled"), and, thus, it is used almost exclusively by middle schoolers.

It won't be long until "intellectually disabled" is offensive., I see "intellectually different" then "intellectually diverse" and finally added in with other disorders into an encompassing and even celebrated "neurodiversity" movement coming down the pipeline.