270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

LeBron James vs Donald Trump

James vs Trump  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If given these two choices, for whom would you vote?

• Donald Trump - Republican
    • LeBron James - Democrat
    • Third Party/Stay Home/Other

1 minute ago, jnewt said:

I was more so confused by the "Wall street-affiliated" part. I know some people, for one reason or another, like wars, despite all the unnecessary deaths and pain that come from it. However, I've never heard of someone considering an affiliation with Wall Street as a positive. That's what really confused me.

In my opinion, it's not really a negative one either. 90% of people assume Wall Street is bad without even knowing what it is. (Not saying someone who is backed by Wall Street interests is good, as I do realize that realistically, politicians can obviously be influenced very easily. I just think most people over-exaggerate special/financial interest groups.)

8 hours ago, jnewt said:

I'm confused. Are you saying that, because she is a war hawk and Wall Street-affiliated, Clinton is better than other democrats? 

7 hours ago, Patine said:

That's what is sounds like.

He asked for a conservative reply, I delivered that. For a conservative she is better than the Sanders/Warren-progressives. That's like when you ask a progressive if they voted rather for John Kasich or Rick Santorum for example. Both are not what they have wished for, but Kasich might be closer.

49 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

He asked for a conservative reply, I delivered that. For a conservative she is better than the Sanders/Warren-progressives. That's like when you ask a progressive if they voted rather for John Kasich or Rick Santorum for example. Both are not what they have wished for, but Kasich might be closer.

I, myself, would rather an elected official who was willing and eager to shed partisan loyalty and ideological purity and to ignore powerful donors and lobby groups to do what was best and most beneficial at that particular time for their constituents and people of the nation or other polity they were part of governing.

11 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I am Sanders/Warren wing Democrat and i would vote for Kasich over both Trump and Clinton in 2016.

9 minutes ago, Rodja said:

I am Sanders/Warren wing Democrat and i would vote for Kasich over both Trump and Clinton in 2016.

I would have voted for a well-trained and -behaved dog over Trump and Clinton in 2016...

Maybe? I don't really know James's political positions. With Trump, he was a known quantity going back to the late 80s (at least on his core issues of trade, immigration, taxes, to some extent foreign policy). Would need to hear more from James. Wouldn't rule anybody out.

1 hour ago, thr33 said:

Maybe? I don't really know James's political positions. With Trump, he was a known quantity going back to the late 80s (at least on his core issues of trade, immigration, taxes, to some extent foreign policy). Would need to hear more from James. Wouldn't rule anybody out.

Trump has NEVER been a known quality, that includes when he proposed hiking taxes.

11 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Again, it sounds like you're saying Clinton is closer to what you or another conservative would want, on the basis that she is a war hawk and affiliated with Wall Street. I know, in general, republicans are more pro-military than democrats, but I've never heard of being a Wall Street insider as being something closer to what a conservative would "have wished for."

1 hour ago, jnewt said:

ssAgain, it sounds like you're saying Clinton is closer to what you or another conservative would want, on the basis that she is a war hawk and affiliated with Wall Street. I know, in general, republicans are more pro-military than democrats, but I've never heard of being a Wall Street insider as being something closer to what a conservative would "have wished for."

But a Wall Street insider might have a pro-business agenda and might be fiscally more conservative. 

And war hawk okay does not sound nice, but I never said I labelled her that way. I just said that many from the left-wing were unsatisfied with her for this reasons and therefore, as Republican, you can expect her to be more both pro-business and pro-military than the average Democrat (I do not want wars but I want someone who is willing to defend America if we are threatened. War should be the last option, but it should be an option before giving up)

20 minutes ago, wolves said:

king james!

He was unseated by Parliament when they invited his 4th cousin and daughter to unceremoniously replace him, and then denied him funding to protect himself against them, and his descendants and heirs-of-pretense to this day (Jacobites) only had their ban on being able to set foot in the U.K. lifted as recently as the Blair days, but I read they were specifically given a standing restraining of order of not being allowed within 15km of the ceremony, feast, presentation, parade or any other such public event around the recent royal wedding... :P

37 minutes ago, wolves said:

king james!

The greatest athlete of all time across any and every sport and era.

10 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

The greatest athlete of all time across any and every sport and era.

A completely subjective opinion, and means nothing toward being a good political leader. Then again, if he's up against a failed businessman, liar, con artist, and self-absorbed, egotistical showman, it gives him a VERY grim choice for such an election.