Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

Zimbabwe Presidential election 2018

Recommended Posts

Anyone want to do this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Anyone want to do this one?

Do you REALLY believe ZANU-PF is any more vulnerable or that the election will be any more free and fair than the ones under Mugabe. The President may have changed, but he's still of the same party, and fully grew up indoctrinated into the Mugabe-era ZANU-PF. His policies only seem to differ for show to the world community, and any "reforms" will likely be ignored after the election. Mugabe was ONLY removed because of the "undue influence" of his wife, Grace, not because of him. It helps having a friend who is a Zimbabwean-Canadian. In fact, it helps having a lot of immigrant friends who are close enough to feel comfortable discussing politics. It allows more than just the sharp, Western, parochial, propaganda bias on these affairs. That I guess such friends, and in such casual, candid conversion, is not encouraged for Republican American youth like you and certain other regular posters to cultivate, or at least to trust what they say anywhere above what the American Right-Wing Pundits and Propaganda Machine say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Do you REALLY believe ZANU-PF is any more vulnerable or that the election will be any more free and fair than the ones under Mugabe. The President may have changed, but he's still of the same party, and fully grew up indoctrinated into the Mugabe-era ZANU-PF. His policies only seem to differ for show to the world community, and any "reforms" will likely be ignored after the election. Mugabe was ONLY removed because of the "undue influence" of his wife, Grace, not because of him. It helps having a friend who is a Zimbabwean-Canadian. In fact, it helps having a lot of immigrant friends who are close enough to feel comfortable discussing politics. It allows more than just the sharp, Western, parochial, propaganda bias on these affairs. That I guess such friends, and in such casual, candid conversion, is not encouraged for Republican American youth like you and certain other regular posters to cultivate, or at least to trust what they say anywhere above what the American Right-Wing Pundits and Propaganda Machine say.

Did I say ANYTHING ABOUT MUGABE AT ALL? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYrepublican said:

Did I say ANYTHING ABOUT MUGABE AT ALL? 

No, my apologies. I just got bad service at McDonald's getting a coffee (a server literally hissed at me), and some guy on the street tried to sell me obviously stolen headphones, still in the package, and got annoyed at "saying no disrespectfully." You didn't deserve, that I apologize. Now a better answer will follow below.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Anyone want to do this one?

I could try my hand at it. I have the map, the flags, and all the major party logos in my collection. The problem is, even though the campaigning has starting, many nominated party leaders' identities are strangely hard to find. Until I have these candidates, I can't REALLY begin in earnest. Also, the currency co-efficient is a problem. The Zimbabwean Dollar money is so hyper-inflated, it's practically worthless in denomination under the trillions - or at least the hundreds of billions. This blows the Weimar Republic, Confederate States of America, or 1990's Yugoslavia hyperinflation crises out of the water, and the government has not satisfactorily dealt with it. I'm not sure what currency coefficient and base costs for ads, activities, etc. to even use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

I could try my hand at it. I have the map, the flags, and all the major party logos in my collection. The problem is, even though the campaigning has starting, many nominated party leaders' identities are strangely hard to find. Until I have these candidates, I can't REALLY begin in earnest. Also, the currency co-efficient is a problem. The Zimbabwean Dollar money is so hyper-inflated, it's practically worthless in denomination under the trillions - or at least the hundreds of billions. This blows the Weimar Republic, Confederate States of America, or 1990's Yugoslavia hyperinflation crises out of the water, and the government has not satisfactorily dealt with it. I'm not sure what currency coefficient and base costs for ads, activities, etc. to even use.

I heard they're even issuing trillion dollar bills. I'll experiment a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Patine said:

I could try my hand at it. I have the map, the flags, and all the major party logos in my collection. The problem is, even though the campaigning has starting, many nominated party leaders' identities are strangely hard to find. Until I have these candidates, I can't REALLY begin in earnest. Also, the currency co-efficient is a problem. The Zimbabwean Dollar money is so hyper-inflated, it's practically worthless in denomination under the trillions - or at least the hundreds of billions. This blows the Weimar Republic, Confederate States of America, or 1990's Yugoslavia hyperinflation crises out of the water, and the government has not satisfactorily dealt with it. I'm not sure what currency coefficient and base costs for ads, activities, etc. to even use.

Based on testing for money an approporiate value would be 12,500,000 and for fundraising 275,000,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Based on testing for money an approporiate value would be 12,500,000 and for fundraising 275,000,000

Fair enough. At least it wouldn't need to dredge up a new currency symbol in Unicode...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 5:16 PM, NYrepublican said:

Based on testing for money an approporiate value would be 12,500,000 and for fundraising 275,000,000

They use the Dollar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ishan said:

They use the Dollar 

Because they're official currency is so worthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why people in such impoverished countries support the same parities over and over again,other then election meandering and corruption. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I don't understand why people in such impoverished countries support the same parities over and over again,other then election meandering and corruption. 

I'm surprised Americans, in the world's wealthiest and most powerful nationl, support the same two corrupt and complacent parties that lie to them, screw them over, and fail them again and again, other than election meandering and corruption...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 2:53 AM, Patine said:

I'm surprised Americans, in the world's wealthiest and most powerful nationl, support the same two corrupt and complacent parties that lie to them, screw them over, and fail them again and again, other than election meandering and corruption...

I'm surprised Canadians voted for Doug Ford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ishan said:

I'm surprised Canadians voted for Doug Ford

30-something% of people in ONTARIO as a knee-jerk reaction against an unpopular incumbent provincial government voted for Ford. Please put things in perspective here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Patine said:

30-something% of people in ONTARIO as a knee-jerk reaction against an unpopular incumbent provincial government voted for Ford. Please put things in perspective here.

Oh I get it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×