270soft Forum
vcczar

1874 UK Map needed

19 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Thanks! 

1. Download the attached file. Unzip it into your user scenarios. 

2. Open 1874 in the editor.

3. Go to regions. You should be able to type in the region name and it will come up (make sure the left side says United Kingdom when searching). 

4. Use this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MPs_elected_in_the_United_Kingdom_general_election,_1874

5. To find the candidates, click on the name of the seat, which will open another wikipedia page for that seat. Scroll down to 1874 to see the candidates. 

6. Generally the town or city or region will have only one seat. However, some have two or more. Thus, I have "Antrim 1" and "Antrim 2" to represent these. 

7. Some seats have 100% support for one major party. If this occurs, then the major party with 0% has "write in" as their candidate. 

8. In some cases if a region has more than one seat, say City of London 1 and City of London 2, there might be three candidates running for these two seats. Since we have two slot and three candidates. I give one candidate 100% of the support, and then have the competition in just one of the seats. So that first seat would have  "write in" candidate for the major party with 0%. 

9. The pages for each seat will also mention of the seat is a Liberal or Conservative hold or if it was a gain from the incumbent party. Make sure to check the incumbent party on each seat as you make them. 

10. Overall, it isn't really difficult or confusing--just tedious. 

I really appreciate it. This will save a lot of time. Feel free to pass it back to me when you can't stand doing this anymore. 

United Kingdom - 1874.zip

Tedious stuff is my hard drugs due to having autism, will get to it after the 1956 election is done on my play-by-play.

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Thanks! 

1. Download the attached file. Unzip it into your user scenarios. 

2. Open 1874 in the editor.

3. Go to regions. You should be able to type in the region name and it will come up (make sure the left side says United Kingdom when searching). 

4. Use this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MPs_elected_in_the_United_Kingdom_general_election,_1874

5. To find the candidates, click on the name of the seat, which will open another wikipedia page for that seat. Scroll down to 1874 to see the candidates. 

6. Generally the town or city or region will have only one seat. However, some have two or more. Thus, I have "Antrim 1" and "Antrim 2" to represent these. 

7. Some seats have 100% support for one major party. If this occurs, then the major party with 0% has "write in" as their candidate. 

8. In some cases if a region has more than one seat, say City of London 1 and City of London 2, there might be three candidates running for these two seats. Since we have two slot and three candidates. I give one candidate 100% of the support, and then have the competition in just one of the seats. So that first seat would have  "write in" candidate for the major party with 0%. 

9. The pages for each seat will also mention of the seat is a Liberal or Conservative hold or if it was a gain from the incumbent party. Make sure to check the incumbent party on each seat as you make them. 

10. Overall, it isn't really difficult or confusing--just tedious. 

I really appreciate it. This will save a lot of time. Feel free to pass it back to me when you can't stand doing this anymore. 

What should I do for the conclave scenario?

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

What should I do for the conclave scenario?

Here's the file. 

1. Create one party that is the College of Cardinals (make sure it has 100 % support). Create a second party that is the Simulation Party (make sure it has zero support). The entire game will be the primaries. 

2. Set that start date at February 28 2013. Set the convention start date Mar 12 and end date Mar 13. Set the general election end date to Mar 14. 

3. Make a Simulation "candidate" (name it whatever)

4. Make the following potential popes as candidates for the College of Cardinals:

5. Don't use the photos from wikipedia, unless they are from 2013. Look for 2013 photos. Crop them into headshot photos, like they are in the PI games. 

This should be enough to start. 

Conclave Infinity-2013.zip

46 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Here's the file. 

1. Create one party that is the College of Cardinals (make sure it has 100 % support). Create a second party that is the Simulation Party (make sure it has zero support). The entire game will be the primaries. 

2. Set that start date at February 28 2013. Set the convention start date Mar 12 and end date Mar 13. Set the general election end date to Mar 14. 

4. Make the following potential popes as candidates for the College of Cardinals:

5. Don't use the photos from wikipedia, unless they are from 2013. Look for 2013 photos. Crop them into headshot photos, like they are in the PI games. 

Done all that. What next?

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Here's the file. 

How about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Olubunmi_Okogie? When the conclave was being assembled, he was actually stated as being the first Black man to even be considered remotely a candidate for the Papacy, even if somewhat of a longshot.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

How about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Olubunmi_Okogie? When the conclave was being assembled, he was actually stated as being the first Black man to even be considered remotely a candidate for the Papacy, even if somewhat of a longshot.

Turkson is black. He was considered one of the top 5 or 7 choices. 

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

Done all that. What next?

I guess they need surrogates. Not sure how to do this. So we can just skip it for now. 

Make sure the vice-leader for both parties is just one for each party. Name them "none" or something like that. 

Set all campaign attributes to 1. 

Don't worry about personal attributes, I'll figure that out later. 

For now, give every candidate 10% outside of their region, and 80% inside of their region. This will change later, though. 

Name the regions--you can give them what you think they should be named and I can edit later if I have to. 

Delete all interviews and endorsers. 

For events, find Vatican news and rumors that cover the time period

43 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Turkson is black. He was considered one of the top 5 or 7 choices. 

Actually, I made a mistake in context. Okogie was indeed the first Black man considered a candidate, but he was considered so at the Conclave that elected Benedict XVI, not Francis, hence my seeming error.

@NYrepublican after you do all that, you can send it to me, and then I can research the issues, stances, and do the rest of it. Thanks!

Just now, vcczar said:

@NYrepublican after you do all that, you can send it to me, and then I can research the issues, stances, and do the rest of it. Thanks!

I'll do it all tomorrow.

Maybe the surrogates could be their current diocese or parish. The Ecclesiastical province's could be endorsers also if not electoral units.

Update to say that the Northern Irish seats are done, Scotland is on the way to being nearly done I have fixed some percentages that were not right.

50 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

Update to say that the Northern Irish seats are done, Scotland is on the way to being nearly done I have fixed some percentages that were not right.

Scottish seats are done.

2 hours ago, MBDemSoc said:

Scottish seats are done.

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Patine said:

@vcczar I just sent some party logos I'd dug up to your email address.

Excellent! Thanks!

All Welsh and English seats done.

@vcczar All seats and percentages corrected.

10 hours ago, MBDemSoc said:

@vcczar All seats and percentages corrected.

You are amazing. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, vcczar said:

You are amazing. Thanks!

No problem.

@NYrepublican we can push back the Conclave a little. I probably won't get to working on UK 1874 until Wednesday. 

Update: I'm changing up some of the issues for 1874. I found a scholarly website that gives a good breakdown on the major issues--all domestic. There is some overlap with @Patine's list. I'll use Patine's foreign policy issues.