270soft Forum
vcczar

1874 UK Map needed

57 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Here it is uk 1874.zip

Thanks! I'll let you know how it works out. I think surrogates will matter more in this election than in President Infinity elections. There's so many MP seats. 

On 8/16/2018 at 4:07 PM, Patine said:

Electoral Reform

Tariffs

German Empire

Egypt-Sudan/Ottoman Empire

China

Labour Laws

Poor Laws

Boer States

Railroads and Canals

Urbanization (including Infrastructure and Crime)

Taxation Reform

Irish Home Rule

I didn't count the actual number there, but there's a good selection. A couple of others could be justified as we well.

Any suggestions on the stances. I'm working on these now. You may know more about these than I do, but I can research it if you don't know stances off the top of your head. 

42 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

The updated set uk 1874.zip

Thanks!

@NYrepublican

I've uploaded the photos and created the surrogates. Looking good. I need a different picture for Henry Wellesley though. You created the image of his wife. I need the fat bearded guy on the right: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Wellesley,_3rd_Duke_of_Wellington

And if you can add this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Biggar

Lastly, if you can find a photo for Irish Home Rule League politician William Shaw. If you can't, maybe insert find a silhouette or Irish avatar or something that could stand for his image. I didn't have any luck finding an image for him. 

This will probably wrap up the surrogate photos. 

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@NYrepublican

I've uploaded the photos and created the surrogates. Looking good. I need a different picture for Henry Wellesley though. You created the image of his wife. I need the fat bearded guy on the right: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Wellesley,_3rd_Duke_of_Wellington

And if you can add this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Biggar

Lastly, if you can find a photo for Irish Home Rule League politician William Shaw. If you can't, maybe insert find a silhouette or Irish avatar or something that could stand for his image. I didn't have any luck finding an image for him. 

This will probably wrap up the surrogate photos. 

uk_1874.zip

In the absence of a image for William Shaw I put Gladstone at a debate of an Irish home rule bill.

14 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

uk_1874.zip

In the absence of a image for William Shaw I put Gladstone at a debate of an Irish home rule bill.

Thanks!

Update:

• All surrogates now set. 
  • All newspapers added.
  • All interviewers added. 

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Update:

• All surrogates now set. 
  • All newspapers added.
  • All interviewers added. 

You did make sure that no member of the Royal Family is an endorser, right? I'm pretty sure they were abstaining from direct political participation even back then. I believe that George IV was the last British monarch to significantly meddle in Parliamentary affairs himself. Victoria showed a visible, public disdain for Gladstone, but it didn't seem to noticeably affect election results, and she never refused to offer him the opportunity to form a government when he commanded the confidence of Parliament.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

You did make sure that no member of the Royal Family is an endorser, right? I'm pretty sure they were abstaining from direct political participation even back then. I believe that George IV was the last British monarch to significantly meddle in Parliamentary affairs himself. Victoria showed a visible, public disdain for Gladstone, but it didn't seem to noticeably affect election results, and she never refused to offer him the opportunity to form a government when he commanded the confidence of Parliament.

No royal endorsers. I made all the notable MP/politician endorsers into surrogates, rather than endorsers. Only newspapers endorse. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

No royal endorsers. I made all the notable MP/politician endorsers into surrogates, rather than endorsers. Only newspapers endorse. 

What is left to do for the scenario? Do you need issue icons? @vcczar

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

What is left to do for the scenario? Do you need issue icons?

Yeah, but still solidifying the issues.

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

What is left to do for the scenario? Do you need issue icons? @vcczar

But to elaborate, the rest of what needs to be done are relatively small things, but tedious things. For instance, I have to go back over every seat and input who the incumbent is. I also just discovered that there's a place to put the names of all the MPs competing in the election. So I have to place every name in. I need to finish putting stances on the issues that Patine sent me. One or two of these issues might change if I can't find enough information for them to be relevant. I need to add events for January and February 1874 (This election is only 24 days!). 

Update: no progess today. Slept one hour. Working only on projects that require little thinking or tedium today