270soft Forum
vcczar

President Infinity vs Prime Minister Infinity (UK)

President Infinity vs Prime Minister Infinity (UK)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two games is the better game?

• President Infinity
    • Prime Minister Infinity (UK)
    • I haven't played both of them
  2. 2. Which of these two games do you play most often?

• President Infinity
    • Prime Minister Infinity (UK)
    • I haven't played both games
  3. 3. Which of the following would you like to see done by Anthony? **ONLY SELECT THOSE YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO PURCHASE**

• Massive update to President Infinity
    • Massive update to Prime Minister Infinity (UK)
    • Massive update to Prime Minister Infinity (Canada)
    • A new Chancellor Infinity (Germany)
    • An EU Infinity (European Union)
    • A President Infinity (Russia)
    • A President Infinity (Mexico)
    • A Premier Infinity (China)
    • A Prime Minister Infinity (Japan)
    • A Secretary Infinity (United Nations)
    • A President Infinity (South Africa)
    • A President Infinity (Brazil)
    • A Conclave Infinity (Vatican)
    • A Prime Minister Infinity (Italy)
    • A President Infinity (France)
    • A Prime Minister Infinity (Ukraine)
    • A Prime Minister Infinity (Israel)
    • A Prime Minister Infinity (India)
    • A Prime Minister Infinity (Australia)
    • Other (mention below)

New poll

I'd potentially purchase several of the scenarios mentioned in the last part in an election year. I think if made well, the games can be informative for people trying to learn about the election systems and issues in each of these countries. 

13 minutes ago, vcczar said:

New poll

I hate to do this, but - I don't comparing PI and PMI (of which I notice you specifically said UK, when I only own and use the Canadian version) is a fair comparison, as the elections being modeled are quite different. Also, where's Congress Forever? As for future games, I REALLY want Anthony to leave his stifling and highly limited and crippling marketing box scheme of one game per NATION, even if electoral systems are remarkably similar or practically identical. I want several more holistic and broad based games based around general electoral systems that several different nations and polities share each, more or less, with more modular and flexible scenario creation tools.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I hate to do this, but - I don't comparing PI and PMI (of which I notice you specifically said UK, when I only own and use the Canadian version) is a fair comparison, as the elections being modeled are quite different. Also, where's Congress Forever? As for future games, I REALLY want Anthony to leave his stifling and highly limited and crippling marketing box scheme of one game per NATION, even if electoral systems are remarkably similar or practically identical. I want several more holistic and broad based games based around general electoral systems that several different nations and polities share each, more or less, with more modular and flexible scenario creation tools.

I did the ones that'd introduce new game mechanisms

Just now, NYrepublican said:

I did the ones that'd introduce new game mechanisms

You have introduced anything that's official. You've just thrown a few hackjob apps that aren't designed to sync with the AI or gameplay directly at Anthony and asked if they were "acceptable."

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

You have introduced anything that's official. You've just thrown a few hackjob apps that aren't designed to sync with the AI or gameplay directly at Anthony and asked if they were "acceptable."

Not sure how that's relevant to what I said I meant MMP(Germany) and PR(Israel)

14 minutes ago, Patine said:

My main reasons for asking this question is to see if people like the PI or PMI game more. I don't own PMI, but I'm considering owning it, but I don't want to get it if PI is the much better gaming, considering how much more work PI needs. 

48 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'd potentially purchase several of the scenarios mentioned in the last part in an election year. I think if made well, the games can be informative for people trying to learn about the election systems and issues in each of these countries. 

Nothing to add here

4 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Not sure how that's relevant to what I said I meant MMP(Germany) and PR(Israel)

I'm saying, you haven't solved the pertinent issue. You've just created a clumsy, hackjob app that doesn't work and isn't compatible with actual gameplay or the AI, and then say you've solved the problem of a lack of an MMP and PR electoral system outright. I think you're claim is quite bit premature.

14 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

How would conclave infinity even work lol

My guess is you would be one of several papabile Cardinals. The map would probably be a world map with each region equal to the number of cardinals. The popular vote would be set to the same as this number. Endorsers would be the Cardinal officers. The election day would be more like the convention day, however. 

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

My guess is you would be one of several papabile Cardinals. The map would probably be a world map with each region equal to the number of cardinals. The popular vote would be set to the same as this number. Endorsers would be the Cardinal officers. The election day would be more like the convention day, however. 

Makes more sense than what I imagined lol

9 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Makes more sense than what I imagined lol

I could probably make it with PI, but I would somehow need to move the Convention mechanism to the end, so that election day runs like the convention. I guess this also means that the election would only involve "one party" to make the convention work as the end as well. I wonder if there is a way to do this @admin_270

21 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

What are you asking, @vcczar ?

1. Which game do people think is made better. This was asked to determine if I should get PM Infinity or not. I ended up getting it. 

2. Which do they play more. My guess was that more people played PI, even though they thought PMI was the better game. 

3. This was to gauge what games people were interested in. Because there are a lot of games I'd like to see made some day and I wanted to see if there was some consensus on what this game or these games might be. It seems like the PI update is the most favored, following by a Germany or EU game. 

32 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@vcczar

I mean what are you asking me with "I wonder if there is a way to do this."

Sorry about that. I meant, is there a way to edit a scenario so that the game ends with "the Convention" or the General Election operates like a Convention. Basically, I want to make a Papal Election scenario, but what I really need to be able to do is 1) Allow for a scenario with a single party and 2) Have it end with a Convention, so that votes shift around, etc. 

The map would be a world map with each region's population set to the number of cardinals in that region. 

Perhaps make it into primaries instead, which already has the convention functionality. Have a viewer party as the 2nd party.

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

Perhaps make it into primaries instead, which already has the convention functionality. Have a viewer party as the 2nd party.

Excellent suggestion! Follow up question: Can I remove the general election and end the election with the convention? I suppose, I could just have the general election the day after the convention?