270soft Forum

This only happens like maybe 1 in 5 games for me but when I am playing in the primaries and it goes down to two people my opponent gains a ungodly amount of last day votes in every race. For Example I'm playing as Mitt Romney and it went down to me vs McCain. In California it was 45 me 11 McCain and the rest were people who dropped out. When the primary day happened I get 48 to 52 percent giving McCain the win. It becomes frustrating because then I have to get the remaining states above 51-53 to ensure that I will win. @admin_270 Has this happened to anyone else? Am I late on reporting this?

Completely unrelated lately my games keep giving me error messages like "intiger too big" and then after a little while the game slows down considerably.

In the 2004 campaign if you have all the parties on it will eventually crash because if i remember right one of the third parties hole their convention before the primaries are held.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

6 hours ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

@Thunder yes. It usually only happens when there is you and one other player and most of the time the other player is in second place.

@admin_270 Is this about right?

So you have

Romney: 45 (+3 election night)

McCain: 11 (+41 election night)

All this means is that McCain had at least 13 2/3 times the momentum you have (likely you 0 and him positive). Is this happening in multiple states, and were you recently campaigning in that state the week of?

Yes. Example in New York we would both campaign and I would be up 20-30 points but my momentum in the state would die and his would seem to be relentless and come election day he jumps easily 20 points in the polls. Only way to ensure to win is to have more than 53~%

It doesn't mean McCain had more momentum necessarily. It means the undecideds went almost unanimously for McCain. These sorts of dynamics will change when Favorability is implemented.

Looks like it has to do with how the game is modelling flow of undecideds. This should be fixed once Favorability is implemented.