270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

"If I were President" scenario

27 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@ThePotatoWalrus Give everyone a 4 or 5 in issue knowledge cause we unlike Trump don't think you need an ID to buy groceries.

what are the issues anyway?

6 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Everybody included here give me the top two people who you would endorse who are members of your party. For Independents, it is not necessary to do this. I'm a Libertarian and as far as I know there is nobody else running for this party.

Reagan and conservative elector

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

None of your fellow Republicans have endorsed you, @NYrepublican. I guess you're just not enough of an extremist wingnut to cut the mustard these days... :P

i would endorse NYrepublican but idk who is in which party yet (someone gotta chart all the users into a list)

we are both Rockefellers (well he is more like Rockefeller and i'm more like George Romney, at least judging gamewise)

I am formally dropping out of this activity. I'm finding it to be promoting unnecessary antagonism from my perspective (though mutual antagonism, I will concede, honestly) and I foresee this as only being a source of grief and a hassle for me, with any enjoyment I could eke out of it not being worth it. I am going to focus, for the foreseeable future, on scenario design and offering advice and resources to others' scenarios.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I am formally dropping out of this activity. I'm finding it to be promoting unnecessary antagonism from my perspective (though mutual antagonism, I will concede, honestly) and I foresee this as only being a source of grief and a hassle for me, with any enjoyment I could eke out of it not being worth it. I am going to focus, for the foreseeable future, on scenario design and offering advice and resources to others' scenarios.

@WVProgressive @Conservative Elector 2 @NYrepublican  @Reagan04  @vcczar @jvikings1 @Rodja @Hestia11 @Ido

Just tagging this so everyone involved gets the memo, given there's three separate active threads with a lot of overlap devoted to this.

4 hours ago, Patine said:

@WVProgressive @Conservative Elector 2 @NYrepublican  @Reagan04  @vcczar @jvikings1 @Rodja @Hestia11 @Ido

Just tagging this so everyone involved gets the memo, given there's three separate active threads with a lot of overlap devoted to this.

I'm dropping out as well. The summaries for voting are so badly done. For whatever reason, I'm tagged as a nearly single-issue abortion candidate, when that's probably one of my lowest priority issues. This is why I'm having a poll to decide the issue rather than just outright making a decision on the issue. I had universal healthcare; yet, that wasn't part of my summary, but it was part of other people's summaries. Omit me from this project. 

37 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm dropping out as well. The summaries for voting are so badly done. For whatever reason, I'm tagged as a nearly single-issue abortion candidate, when that's probably one of my lowest priority issues. This is why I'm having a poll to decide the issue rather than just outright making a decision on the issue. I had universal healthcare; yet, that wasn't part of my summary, but it was part of other people's summaries. Omit me from this project. 

probably why @Rodja should've used my profiles

27 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

probably why @Rodja should've used my profiles

The platform form should have asked which issues were most important for the candidate. Mine would have been education, labor, healthcare, election reform, and political reform. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

The platform form should have asked which issues were most important for the candidate. Mine would have been education, labor, healthcare, election reform, and political reform. 

Well your abortion thing would probably get the most attention.

22 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Well your abortion thing would probably get the most attention.

Only from Republicans. It probably would get almost no notice among Democrats considering that I would almost never talk about abortion. In a list of like 30 major issues. I'd probably rank it like 26th in importance for me. It would primarily be Fox News repeating one thing I said over and over again. It definitely shouldn't be how I'm phrased as a candidate for this scenario since it is both misleading and insulting to misrepresent my fictional candidacy. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Only from Republicans. It probably would get almost no notice among Democrats considering that I would almost never talk about abortion. In a list of like 30 major issues. I'd probably rank it like 26th in importance for me. It would primarily be Fox News repeating one thing I said over and over again. It definitely shouldn't be how I'm phrased as a candidate for this scenario since it is both misleading and insulting to misrepresent my fictional candidacy. 

OK @ThePotatoWalrus note for the forum scenario

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

I have to disagree, you'd catch major flak from the Right and major coverage from the Left on this.

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

OK @ThePotatoWalrus note for the forum scenario

With all the people dropping out i'm considering not making it.

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

You'd definitely get lots of negatives from the right, and lots of positives from the feminist left.

32 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

With all the people dropping out i'm considering not making it.

nooooooooooooooooooooo

i had plans to run as myself *crying emoji*

Just now, Ido said:

nooooooooooooooooooooo

i had plans to run as myself *crying emoji*

I think making it as a scenario makes sense but here on the forum I don’t like that as much

at least if the thing is cancelled PotatoWalrus can give me wharever he has to complete the thing for myself (i mean i really liked the forum scenario vcczar made and updating it sounds dank)