270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

Falkland Islands electoral system referendum,2001

One Anthony should make it so there can be less or more than 7 positions

Anyway Here's my Falkland Islands electoral system referendum,2001 scenario

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2018/07/30/falkland-islands-electoral-system-referendum2001/

Thoughts anyone

@Conservative Elector 2 @patine @vcczar @wvprogressive and anyone else?

Played through. Everythin fine. Perhaps you should rename the "candidates" to Yes Proposal and No Proposal. At the end it just stated that proposal was the winning side of the rferendum. No won with 73%

1 hour ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Played through. Everythin fine. Perhaps you should rename the "candidates" to Yes Proposal and No Proposal. At the end it just stated that proposal was the winning side of the rferendum. No won with 73%

OK.Thanks for the feedback

3 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

No won with 73%

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

OK.Thanks for the feedback

That's another part of the problem here. The referendum wasn't even remotely competitive and the result was practically a foregone conclusion. That's why Argentina denounced it as illegitimate before even the campaigning began, because they knew it would inevitably be as extremely lopsided against what the Buenos Aires government wanted as it actually was.

Just now, Patine said:

That's another part of the problem here. The referendum wasn't even remotely competitive and the result was practically a foregone conclusion. That's why Argentina denounced it as illegitimate before even the campaigning began, because they knew it would inevitably be as extremely lopsided against what the Buenos Aires government wanted as it actually was.

I think you're thinking of the 2013 referendum which only 3 people voted against. This had no bearing on argentina

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

I think you're thinking of the 2013 referendum which only 3 people voted against. This had no bearing on argentina

Oh, I see now. My mistake. Though, I still believe the actual legislative elections would be far more interesting, if a mechanism to deal with it's non-partisan framework could be devised.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Oh, I see now. My mistake. Though, I still believe the actual legislative elections would be far more interesting, if a mechanism to deal with it's non-partisan framework could be devised.

That and it has multiple winners

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Some by-elections could be done though

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Some by-elections could be done though

I don't want by-elections or special elections or any other such analogous elections anywhere anymore than I want a hole in the head. You can do them if you want, but they don't really interest me.