270soft Forum
Rodja

If i were President

8 hours ago, Patine said:

In Biblical Scripture, if you look carefully at the narrative, except for Christ, you was a special exception (for obvious reasons), no unborn child is spoken of while unborn as a person with a name or identity until they're born. Otherwise, the reference is "<Mother's Name> with child." I think that's important to note.

don't get how it follows that the parent has ownership of children till birth.

@Ido your candidacy will be accepted even though i ended the time for declaring before you wrote it.

@NYrepublican When you have time add my and @Ido profile so i can proceed to making a poll at midnight.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:34 PM, NYrepublican said:

I'm compiling a candidate profile for the ballot @Rodja

@WVProgressive: a left-wing candidate,a Democrat from West Virginia in favor of universal health care and other progressive policies including providing illegal immigrants currently here with citizenship and increasing taxes on the wealthy. @WVProgressive is also in favor of protectionist trade policy and wants a more dovish foreign policy. He is also a fan of the Montessori method of education.

@Conservative Elector 2: A right wing candidate who immigrated to America from Austria after the constitution was changed to allow non-naturally born citizens to run for president like is the case for the Senate and House. He's pro free-trade, in favor of a hawkish foreign policy and a typical conservatives domestic policy. Would leave abortion as is.

@NYrepublican: A Center/Center-Right Republican from New York City who has generally hawkish opinions on foreign policy, is pro-free trade and pro-environment. He'd lower taxes and institute school vouchers. Would eliminate Obamacare entirely as  he thinks it's a failed model and would insure that people with preexisting conditions who can't afford healthcare are taken care of. Would overturn Roe v Wade and return control of abortion to the states as he thinks Roe v Wade is unjustified from a constitutional perspective.Thinks Identity politics is killing comedy worldwide.Would try to replace the war on drugs with the more effective Swiss and Portugese models. (That actually work and don't have MASSIVE side effects). Is a strong supporter of net neutrality and would enforce anti-trust laws.

@Patine: A Left-wing independent from Alberta who like @Conservative Elector 2 immigrated to the US to run for office after the constitution was changed. He is very bitter about the duopoly which exists in the US and is running to change it. He in favor of nationalized education and healthcare , is dovish on immigration and the military and believes much of the world's problems are at least partially the fault of the US/the West. He is pro-abortion and thinks the fact that the supreme court is a partisan mess is bad (Which @NYrepublican agrees with) and that it should be reformed or somehow have its power reined in. He believes the EU and UN are ill-managed and that NATO is no longer relevant post-cold war. Is for free trade and hawkish on Russia and believes in a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.He also seems to think all words should follow their most literal meaning humanly possible saying that he believes "anti-semitism" to be inapplicable to arabs as they're a semitic people despite the phrase clearly meaning jews and not semitic people generally.

@jvikings1: A Kentucky Republican, he is for repealing obamacare and in favor of minimal Government including ending the war on drugs. He strongly believes in individual rights including right-to-work. He wants other countries in NATO to pay up and to stop threatening Russia with a never-ending expansion. He thinks the US should leave the UN and kick em out of the US or charge a fee. He is in favor of free trade

@ThePotatoWalrus: An Ohio Libertarian who according to @Patine has "simplistic and uncomplicated,plebian views". He's been criticized in the past for unrealistic views on issues like healthcare that'd lead to massive deficits and doesn't believe in global warming which is well established. He'd leave border security to the states and would increase spending on Obamacare (subsidies) while decreasing its cash flow(backing the repeal of the individual mandate).Says we can "do literally nothing" to stop Russia and would try to build a friendly relationship with Putin.Supports abortion in all cases pre-birth and believes in cutting down the military.

@Reagan04: A typical right-wing evangelical catholic candidate from Georgia. He's in favor of en masse privatization of massive segments of the economy as he believes the free market is the best way to go.If an immigration hawk. Would apply a flat tax rate and believe humans don't cause climate change.He is ardently pro-life and would amend the constitution to prohibit abortion.Is pro-free trade and has hawkish foreign policy views.

@Hestia11:An Iowa Democrat in favor of the ACA,against vouchers and pro-immigration He is an enviromentalist and supports the right to choose.He is hawkish on Russia and is for free trade.He also supports an expansion of NATO

@MRA:This California independent is a bit of a nutcase and his platform can be summed up as "EVIL FEMINISM NEED BE ABOLISHED.IT ENSLAVES MEN." He is against free trade and is a foreign policy hawk.

@Rodja: A Vermont Democrat who's running to defend Obamacare,abolish tuition,abolish ICE and decrease military spending by 85%. He is skeptical of free trade deals and wants to renegotiate NAFTA to "favor the american worker". He'd be somwhat harsh on North Korea and Russia but his foreign policy overall is centered on cooperation.

@vcczar: A Pennsylvania (please make sure I'm getting that right, I remember you saying something about moving from Texas to Pennsylvania) Independent Democrat who's in favor of universal healthcare,forgiving student loans after 10 years of consistent payment,would increase penalties for illegal immigration but would allow those already here to register and become of legal status provided they do so within 2 years. Under him, people will get to choose where 50% of their income tax goes.He'd adjust the minimum wage to inflation and would work on public work projects to have jobs for everyone or as many as possible. He'd enact environmental laws and if businesses show they've suffered significant losses due to it they can write it off on their taxes. He'd reshape the military to a defensive military, and would have a referendum on abortion that "only women can vote on" (good luck getting that past the courts even if it is non-binding). He would only select independent-minded justices for the Supreme court. He'd follow an Obama-like foreign policy generally.

@Ido: A former Israeli who immigrated to Canada who decided to pack up his things and move to the US to run for president after the constitution was changed is a Rockerfeller Republican who'd introduce universal healthcare and implement more advanced yet unspecified educational methods.Would make immigration easier if you're "credible enough".Would keep taxes "sensible",and is generally more moderate in the domestic realm he is in favor of free trade and thinks the UN has more important things to do than to have one agenda item minimally always dedicated to criticizing Israel.(More stuff has been passed on Israel then China,North Korea,Iran,Venezuela,Yemen,Turkey and Russia COMBINED, whatever you think of Israel you have to agree that that's a a little ridiculous.)

On 7/30/2018 at 10:34 PM, NYrepublican said:

@Ido: A former Israeli who immigrated to Canada who decided to pack up his things and move to the US to run for president after the constitution was changed is a Rockerfeller Republican who'd introduce universal healthcare and implement more advanced yet unspecified educational methods.Would make immigration easier if you're "credible enough".Would keep taxes "sensible",and is generally more moderate in the domestic realm he is in favor of free trade and thinks the UN has more important things to do than to have one agenda item minimally always dedicated to criticizing Israel.(More stuff has been passed on Israel then China,North Korea,Iran,Venezuela,Yemen,Turkey and Russia COMBINED, whatever you think of Israel you have to agree that that's a a little ridiculous.)

btw i would have called myself a Democrat but i just cannot relate to any Democrats any longer

also "Credible Enough" is if you are educated enough and stuff like that

btw we can make a PI scenario on this

my home state would be NY

also what about Veeps?

also use Super Mario as my portrait

It could be the great scenario.As we are choosing our portraits id like Bernie or Francis Underwood please.

40 minutes ago, Ido said:

btw we can make a PI scenario on this

I made a forum PI scenario about a year ago. You all could get that one and just update it. @Rodja @NYrepublican

Oh, and yes, put Pennsylvania for me. 

Here it is:

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2016/10/02/270soft-forum-users-scenario/

Democratic Candidates Include: 

Sen. Ramsey of PA, a centrist physician. @TheMiddlePolitical

Rep. Perry of TN, a leader of the Religious Left @CalebsParadox

Rep. Faberge of WA, an activist and progressive @Patine

Rep. Sabolesky of AZ, former progressive journalist @SeanFKennedy

Rep. Sunny of SC, Southern liberal promising sunny days ahead. @Sunnymentoaddict

Mayor Newton of MA, Boston’s progressive mayor @jnewt

Dr. As Na Cillini of NY, a moderate, anti-establishment figure [This guy chanced his username but forgot what it is]

Prof. Emerson of TX, Harvard professor promoting progressivism in Texas @vcczar

Republican Candidates include: 

Gov. Victor of TX, Reagan-conservative born of immigrant parents @victorraiders

Sen. Wilson of TX, centrist Republican battling a very conservative field [Changed her user name, but I forget what it is]

Sen. Green of KY, Libertarian-leaning conservative. @jvikings1

Sen. Hale of OH, very conservative senator drifting towards Libertarianism @ThePotatoWalrus

Sen. Ackermann of AR, Rubio-like conservative from the South @Conservative Elector 2

Rep. Bachmann of AL, Tea Party Conservative and brother to Michelle Bachmann @Dallas

Rev. Taylor of LA, notable fringe Catholic Minister wishing for a pre-1964 America @Reagan04

Mr. Kudelka of SC, wealthy CEO touting himself as the only anti-establishment candidate [JohnnyK who is no longer in the forum]

32 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Two-round would be awesome with this

Also @ThePotatoWalrus have all independents in a third way party with their own primaries

Independents are not a single, unified party and do not primary against each other.

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Here it is:

Rep. Sunny of SC, Southern liberal promising sunny days ahead. @Sunnymentoaddict

Dr. As Na Cillini of NY, a moderate, anti-establishment figure [This guy chanced his username but forgot what it is]

Sen. Wilson of TX, centrist Republican battling a very conservative field [Changed her user name, but I forget what it is]

Sen. Hale of OH, very conservative senator drifting towards Libertarianism @ThePotatoWalrus

Sen. Ackermann of AR, Rubio-like conservative from the South @Conservative Elector 2

Rep. Bachmann of AL, Tea Party Conservative and brother to Michelle Bachmann @Dallas

Rev. Taylor of LA, notable fringe Catholic Minister wishing for a pre-1964 America @Reagan04

Mr. Kudelka of SC, wealthy CEO touting himself as the only anti-establishment candidate [JohnnyK who is no longer in the forum]

Ah yes, back in my days of light trolling. I used to like to press all y'alls buttons as I've said before, but I came to enjoy the community so I dropped that in favor of a friendlier and more realistic view of my own policies, Rev. Taylor is a caricature of myself.

Just now, Patine said:

Independents are not a single, unified party and do not primary against each other.

I think that to prevent massive spoiling until two-round is added independents should be in a third way party.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

I think that to prevent massive spoiling until two-round is added independents should be in a third way party.

I disagree strongly and firmly, and will not budge on this. It's non-negotiable.

48 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Here it is:

I thought I signed up but it’s fine..,

7 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I thought I signed up but it’s fine..,

This is a scenario from a year or two ago. It was before you were in the forum. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

This is a scenario from a year or two ago. It was before you were in the forum. 

Ah haha I didn’t read :)

i know about this scenario but i thought it was just a fanon thingy instead of being based on the forum

also can i give you details for my own candidate?

Sen. Alex Dylan Hershings: a centrist favoring Free Market economics and social liberalism, has a pretty populist platform but stays true to his ideals (from NY)

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

Ah yes, back in my days of light trolling. I used to like to press all y'alls buttons as I've said before, but I came to enjoy the community so I dropped that in favor of a friendlier and more realistic view of my own policies, Rev. Taylor is a caricature of myself.

Back when I used to be drifting towards Libertarianism. Good times.

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I will make multiple third parties (of which I will be included), however, the third parties will have almost no chance of winning(but could change the election). @Patine @NYrepublican

My concern is about the spoiler effect and the multiple third parties could drive down the two main ones as often happens in PI and CI scenarios with mutliple third parties.