270soft Forum
Rodja

If i were President

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Ours are kind of similar, except I attempted to moderate myself to be more electable.

I just stated what I believe didn't attempt to moderate anything. I scored a logician on myers-briggs.

8 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I just stated what I believe didn't attempt to moderate anything. I scored a logician on myers-briggs.

If you're talking about that personality thing I got ENTP last time I checked. Might take it again.

I'm a bit disappointed with @jvikings1 using the insulting-to-the-intelligence lie of a label "pro-life" (as, while it's proponents are anti-abortion and anti-euthanasia, usually tend to support numerous other government and corporate endeavours in some combination that lead to immense, inactively, inactively, or by neglect, mass amounts of deliberate, knowing, and highly-preventable death every year that absolutely dwarfs the number of abortions and euthanasia, but still insist on using the label of self-righteous, false moral, and completely pretense of being "pro-life" - I wish the label could just be abandoned entirely in political rhetoric along with a number of other insulting lies of political labels), and that he wants to cut down on foreign aid, but insists on maintaining for the U.S. ally LEAST needing it and most capable of taking care of themselves (Israel) a some sort of priority. Also, his utter refusal to recognize any legitimacy to any self-government or self-determination under any circumstances whatsoever for the Palestinians calls into question the sincerity of calls for independence and sovereignty for other groups of people in the world, and indicates there may be a vicious double standard or hypocrisy at work there.

Party: Republican

Domestic Issues:

Healthcare: This field should be left entirely to the Free Market. Healthcare should be managed just like any other industries with multiple services and care providers vying for a consumer's money in a Free Market system. America is built on extremely small federal government, to have the Federal Government nationalize an industry is obscene before American values, we should, like all other industries, have incredibly limited marks and leave most intervention as optional measures at the State level. Government intervention only leads to a breakdown in quality of care and should be held at bay.

Education: Education should be shifted, much more to the private sector where religious and charter schools are encouraged. I certainly do believe that public schools should exist and these should be bastions of growth and the teaching of values for the next generation. Students should be allowed Student-Led prayer and taught the values of America Constitutionally as a Christian Nation which is the bedrock upon which our liberties are founded. In no way should Federal Standardization exist and again States should have much leeway over their educational systems. Our generations have forgotten the values which make America great, this will lead to our downfall.

Immigration: We need to be MUCH tougher on Illegal Immigration and Middle Eastern refugees. We must freeze refugees coming from high-risk nations and must impose strict extremism tests to make sure that all those immigrating conform to Western Culture and American values. We cannot allow ourselves to turn into the current mess that engulfs Europe, we will not allow Secular Humanism and Radical Islam to triumph in the land of the Free. On the topic of Illegal Immigration, the construction of a border wall is not out of the question though it's more important to give more funding to ICE and ramp up deportations. We cannot allow families to be separated, so the simple choice for those here illegally is to allow yourself to be deported or go to immigration court, where it is illegal for us to hold your child in prison. All immigrants and refugees must be willing to assimilate into American culture and must be willing to learn English.

Taxes: The Federal Income Tax rate should be a Flat Tax of 10% while Corporate and Capital Gains tax rates are both slashes. The Flat Tax Rate shall apply to those above the poverty line while those below it shall pay no taxes. This shall be coupled with a scaling tax credit to prevent the tax threshold discouraging lifting oneself out of poverty. We also MUST close loopholes and end tax havens for large corporations. That does not jive with the moral values and free-market principles of America. We must fight for the people and American values against big government through the true Free Market, and we must end Crony Capitalism by ending Corporate Welfare. Corporations are great, but everyone needs a fair shake. We also need to end the Death Tax.

Jobs:  We need to let the Free Market do what it does best! Create Wealth! When it comes down to it, major economic downturns are almost ubiquitously caused by government intervention and then solved by free enterprise. We need to do away with Federal Stimulus packages and welfare programs as they do nothing but bury job creation and prolong economic downturn, if not creating them in the first place.

Environment: We need great environmental deregulation, the Waters of the US Rule is killing our farmers and Middle America is being choked out by bureaucratic legislation. Furthermore, we CANNOT allow ourselves to Global Warming Alarmism. I would never deny Climate Change, we have proven as a fact that indeed the Climate is cyclical and changes in a pattern spanning millennia. However, what is nowhere near to proven is Human Caused or Human expedited Global Warming and it would be foolish to hurt our economic production and people for an unsettled scientific debate. Here's the deal, we need to move much of our fuel supply to Ethanol and Nuclear sources. Solar, Wind, and Hydro sound nice, but they are unsustainable. Coal and Oil should be used to the maximum and run dry until we can no longer use them and by that point, we should have already shifted to Ethanol and Nuclear. That being said, I oppose all subsidies, none to Fossil, None to Renewable, and none to those which I believe the key to our energy future. I believe in full energy independence and using us much of our resources as possible to make this happen. Overall, get the government out of interfering with Energy.

Military: The Military budget should be cut in order to achieve a balanced Budget. We need to focus on toppling ISIS and keeping our military mostly out of world conflicts.

Abortion: I am 100% Pro-Life, in that we must pass a Human Life Amendment recognizes the right to life from conception! It is insidious and barbaric that any First World Nation would allow Abortion to persist on and we MUST end it. Planned Parenthood should be shut down and exposed for the evil that it is and should never see a dime of taxpayer money, nor should ever tax dollars be funneled to abortion providers. Abortion should only be available when the lives of both the child and mother are at risk, in this most heartwrenching of cases, we must do all we can to save lives. It's time we stood up for the weak and most voiceless in our society! The unborn! 

SCOTUS: Appoint Justices who have a Textualist philosophy informed by Originalism. This means those that would overturn most "landmark" socially progressive cases of the back half of the 20th century and turn them back over to democratic choice. A court which recognizes the Right to Life for all Americans. (In the mold of Gorsuch, Thomas, and Scalia)

Foreign Issues:

Russia: We need to be incredibly tough on Russia. We must keep sanctions and do not allow them to get away with their urge to reunite the USSR. Diplomacy is great, but only when the deals work in favor of us.

ISIS: We have them on the run! Push them back further and continue to bomb them to hell and high water, try to send back refugees so that they can resettle their homes once ISIS has been demolished.

China: I stand firmly against tariffs and a trade war, let the Free Market, including Internation Trade, do as it does.

EU: Like with China, no tariffs and trade wars, work to get Free Trade deals but rail against the institution of the EU as the ill results of Politically correct Secular Humanism

NATO/Allies: We must continue to expand NATO! Push Russia back! We'll ask for greater military spending, but we should keep most of Europe under our influence militarily to allow ourselves dominance against Russia.

North Korea: Continue on the current denuclearization talks.

Iran: The Iran Deal is a disgrace, we must pull out and try something better, if that doesn't work, put sanctions back on Iran and look into possible routes to encourage Democracy and Anti-Ayatollah action.

UN: The UN is a terrible example of the attempt to form a Global Government, if the UN continues down its terrible path, we will have no choice but to withdraw.

Israel: Let's get this straight "Palestine" is an anti-semitic tool used for the destruction of Jews and has no right to exist. Israel belongs to Israel, all of Zion to Israel. We will only settle for a One-State Solution and will not let Radical Islam destroy the only nation of civilization and culture in the Middle East.

Trade Deals:  Trade Deals are phenomenal and we must work to open up the market globally for Free Trade galore!

Oh my, @Reagan04. Stopping Anti-Shah activity? The term "Palestine" being noting more than an anti-Semitic tool (ignoring the fact that Arabs are also a Semitic people and Arabic also a Semitic language, and everyone who uses the term "anti-Semitic" for Arabs sounds like uninformed fools). Where did you get this crap? Glen Beck? Or another similar, manipulative, imperialistic, hate-filled, lying and deceiving pundit in his mold? And I notice you too continue to casually use the insulting and disingenuous lie of a term "pro-life" (see above, at the post at the top of the page, for my reasons for calling it such). And, of course, your healthcare, education, and jobs platforms are going to put most of the nation back into the 19th Century - and not the idealized, romanticized, but how it REALLY was.

We have 7 candidates out of 10 needed.3 more to go.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Oh my, @Reagan04. Stopping Anti-Shah activity? The term "Palestine" being noting more than an anti-Semitic tool (ignoring the fact that Arabs are also a Semitic people and Arabic also a Semitic language, and everyone who uses the term "anti-Semitic" for Arabs sounds like uninformed fools). Where did you get this crap? Glen Beck? Or another similar, manipulative, imperialistic, hate-filled, lying and deceiving pundit in his mold? And I notice you too continue to casually use the insulting and disingenuous lie of a term "pro-life" (see above, at the post at the top of the page, for my reasons for calling it such). And, of course, your healthcare, education, and jobs platforms are going to put most of the nation back into the 19th Century - and not the idealized, romanticized, but how it REALLY was.

What do you think about my answers?

Also would  you all agree that i as moderator of this can run?

22 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

What do you think about my answers?

Misguided and headed on the path to ruin, but not as incendiary, insulting, or based on blatant lies and manipulations as the above two I commented on.

10 minutes ago, Patine said:

Misguided and headed on the path to ruin, but not as incendiary, insulting, or based on blatant lies and manipulations as the above two I commented on.

That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Rodja said:

Also would  you all agree that i as moderator of this can run?

sure

9 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Party: Republican

Domestic Issues:

Healthcare: This field should be left entirely to the Free Market. Healthcare should be managed just like any other industries with multiple services and care providers vying for a consumer's money in a Free Market system. America is built on extremely small federal government, to have the Federal Government nationalize an industry is obscene before American values, we should, like all other industries, have incredibly limited marks and leave most intervention as optional measures at the State level. Government intervention only leads to a breakdown in quality of care and should be held at bay.

Education: Education should be shifted, much more to the private sector where religious and charter schools are encouraged. I certainly do believe that public schools should exist and these should be bastions of growth and the teaching of values for the next generation. Students should be allowed Student-Led prayer and taught the values of America Constitutionally as a Christian Nation which is the bedrock upon which our liberties are founded. In no way should Federal Standardization exist and again States should have much leeway over their educational systems. Our generations have forgotten the values which make America great, this will lead to our downfall.

Immigration: We need to be MUCH tougher on Illegal Immigration and Middle Eastern refugees. We must freeze refugees coming from high-risk nations and must impose strict extremism tests to make sure that all those immigrating conform to Western Culture and American values. We cannot allow ourselves to turn into the current mess that engulfs Europe, we will not allow Secular Humanism and Radical Islam to triumph in the land of the Free. On the topic of Illegal Immigration, the construction of a border wall is not out of the question though it's more important to give more funding to ICE and ramp up deportations. We cannot allow families to be separated, so the simple choice for those here illegally is to allow yourself to be deported or go to immigration court, where it is illegal for us to hold your child in prison. All immigrants and refugees must be willing to assimilate into American culture and must be willing to learn English.

Taxes: The Federal Income Tax rate should be a Flat Tax of 10% while Corporate and Capital Gains tax rates are both slashes. The Flat Tax Rate shall apply to those above the poverty line while those below it shall pay no taxes. This shall be coupled with a scaling tax credit to prevent the tax threshold discouraging lifting oneself out of poverty. We also MUST close loopholes and end tax havens for large corporations. That does not jive with the moral values and free-market principles of America. We must fight for the people and American values against big government through the true Free Market, and we must end Crony Capitalism by ending Corporate Welfare. Corporations are great, but everyone needs a fair shake. We also need to end the Death Tax.

Jobs:  We need to let the Free Market do what it does best! Create Wealth! When it comes down to it, major economic downturns are almost ubiquitously caused by government intervention and then solved by free enterprise. We need to do away with Federal Stimulus packages and welfare programs as they do nothing but bury job creation and prolong economic downturn, if not creating them in the first place.

Environment: We need great environmental deregulation, the Waters of the US Rule is killing our farmers and Middle America is being choked out by bureaucratic legislation. Furthermore, we CANNOT allow ourselves to Global Warming Alarmism. I would never deny Climate Change, we have proven as a fact that indeed the Climate is cyclical and changes in a pattern spanning millennia. However, what is nowhere near to proven is Human Caused or Human expedited Global Warming and it would be foolish to hurt our economic production and people for an unsettled scientific debate. Here's the deal, we need to move much of our fuel supply to Ethanol and Nuclear sources. Solar, Wind, and Hydro sound nice, but they are unsustainable. Coal and Oil should be used to the maximum and run dry until we can no longer use them and by that point, we should have already shifted to Ethanol and Nuclear. That being said, I oppose all subsidies, none to Fossil, None to Renewable, and none to those which I believe the key to our energy future. I believe in full energy independence and using us much of our resources as possible to make this happen. Overall, get the government out of interfering with Energy.

Military: The Military budget should be cut in order to achieve a balanced Budget. We need to focus on toppling ISIS and keeping our military mostly out of world conflicts.

Abortion: I am 100% Pro-Life, in that we must pass a Human Life Amendment recognizes the right to life from conception! It is insidious and barbaric that any First World Nation would allow Abortion to persist on and we MUST end it. Planned Parenthood should be shut down and exposed for the evil that it is and should never see a dime of taxpayer money, nor should ever tax dollars be funneled to abortion providers. Abortion should only be available when the lives of both the child and mother are at risk, in this most heartwrenching of cases, we must do all we can to save lives. It's time we stood up for the weak and most voiceless in our society! The unborn! 

SCOTUS: Appoint Justices who have a Textualist philosophy informed by Originalism. This means those that would overturn most "landmark" socially progressive cases of the back half of the 20th century and turn them back over to democratic choice. A court which recognizes the Right to Life for all Americans. (In the mold of Gorsuch, Thomas, and Scalia)

Foreign Issues:

Russia: We need to be incredibly tough on Russia. We must keep sanctions and do not allow them to get away with their urge to reunite the USSR. Diplomacy is great, but only when the deals work in favor of us.

ISIS: We have them on the run! Push them back further and continue to bomb them to hell and high water, try to send back refugees so that they can resettle their homes once ISIS has been demolished.

China: I stand firmly against tariffs and a trade war, let the Free Market, including Internation Trade, do as it does.

EU: Like with China, no tariffs and trade wars, work to get Free Trade deals but rail against the institution of the EU as the ill results of Politically correct Secular Humanism

NATO/Allies: We must continue to expand NATO! Push Russia back! We'll ask for greater military spending, but we should keep most of Europe under our influence militarily to allow ourselves dominance against Russia.

North Korea: Continue on the current denuclearization talks.

Iran: The Iran Deal is a disgrace, we must pull out and try something better, if that doesn't work, put sanctions back on Iran and look into possible routes to encourage Democracy and Anti-Ayatollah action.

UN: The UN is a terrible example of the attempt to form a Global Government, if the UN continues down its terrible path, we will have no choice but to withdraw.

Israel: Let's get this straight "Palestine" is an anti-semitic tool used for the destruction of Jews and has no right to exist. Israel belongs to Israel, all of Zion to Israel. We will only settle for a One-State Solution and will not let Radical Islam destroy the only nation of civilization and culture in the Middle East.

Trade Deals:  Trade Deals are phenomenal and we must work to open up the market globally for Free Trade galore!

What is your home state

56 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

What is your home state

We'll do Georgia

@Rodja You want to have some presidential debates before the vote just for the hell of it 5 with 5 questions answered by each and asked by the audience and then each can ask their opponent one question (following the format of NYC Mayoral debates)

23 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Rodja You want to have some presidential debates before the vote just for the hell of it 5 with 5 questions answered by each and asked by the audience and then each can ask their opponent one question (following the format of NYC Mayoral debates)

I have the following matchups in mind

I know @Rodja plans to declare hence why i include him if two more declare then I'll them

WVProgressive vs NYRepublican(me)

reagan04 vs ThePotatoWalrus

jvikings vs rodja

patine vs conservativeelector2

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

I have the following matchups in mind

I know @Rodja plans to declare hence why i include him if two more declare then I'll them

WVProgressive vs NYRepublican(me)

reagan04 vs ThePotatoWalrus

jvikings vs rodja

patine vs conservativeelector2

@Reagan04 come at me bro

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

He'd demolish you

Also I think it depends if we're talking a forum election or a real one. I think I have a decent chance of winning a forum one, since i'm closer to the left than he is, but in a real one he would probably win if I ran as a Democrat.

14 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm a bit disappointed with @jvikings1 using the insulting-to-the-intelligence lie of a label "pro-life" (as, while it's proponents are anti-abortion and anti-euthanasia, usually tend to support numerous other government and corporate endeavours in some combination that lead to immense, inactively, inactively, or by neglect, mass amounts of deliberate, knowing, and highly-preventable death every year that absolutely dwarfs the number of abortions and euthanasia, but still insist on using the label of self-righteous, false moral, and completely pretense of being "pro-life" - I wish the label could just be abandoned entirely in political rhetoric along with a number of other insulting lies of political labels), and that he wants to cut down on foreign aid, but insists on maintaining for the U.S. ally LEAST needing it and most capable of taking care of themselves (Israel) a some sort of priority. Also, his utter refusal to recognize any legitimacy to any self-government or self-determination under any circumstances whatsoever for the Palestinians calls into question the sincerity of calls for independence and sovereignty for other groups of people in the world, and indicates there may be a vicious double standard or hypocrisy at work there.

If you read closer, I said scale back aid to Israel.  

34 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

If you read closer, I said scale back aid to Israel.  

You still haven't addressed your unusual, idiosyncratic, and seemingly politicized and biased double-standards on what groups of people "deserve" nationhood and which don't, often without seemingly fully understanding the situations. For instance, you declare outright that Palestinians and Native Americans have no claim, legitimacy, or right, whatsoever, under any circumstances or reasons possible, to claim nationhood, self-determination, or sovereignty by any mechanism (more or less), but claim that groups like Catalans, Basques, Kurds, etc. have an INHERENT right to nationhood, self-determination, and sovereignty that MUST be respected. This is the seeming arbitrary and highly biased double-standard and hypocrisy on this issue I referred to.

22 minutes ago, Patine said:

You still haven't addressed your unusual, idiosyncratic, and seemingly politicized and biased double-standards on what groups of people "deserve" nationhood and which don't, often without seemingly fully understanding the situations. For instance, you declare outright that Palestinians and Native Americans have no claim, legitimacy, or right, whatsoever, under any circumstances or reasons possible, to claim nationhood, self-determination, or sovereignty by any mechanism (more or less), but claim that groups like Catalans, Basques, Kurds, etc. have an INHERENT right to nationhood, self-determination, and sovereignty that MUST be respected. This is the seeming arbitrary and highly biased double-standard and hypocrisy on this issue I referred to.

I haven't stated an opinion on whether the Catalonians should be independent (although, I think any process should follow the Spanish constitution; same with the Basques).  I'd like to see a Kurdistan because they put a large effort into defeating ISIS despite being ignored by many of the powers.  Plus, they have operated pretty independently for a while now (kind of like Somaliland in northern Somalia).

The Indians didn't have a concept of land ownership and its too late for anything to be done in that aspect.  Although, I do think that tribes should have some self-determination when it comes to governing their own people.  The territory referred to as Palestine was captured because Arab nations tried to use military force to end the nation of Israel which ended up backfiring.

39 minutes ago, Patine said:

everyoneidontlikeishitler.JPG

Party: Democratic, Moderate Democrat (Independent maybe) from Iowa

Domestic Issues:

Healthcare: I support the ACA in its current form. Keep up regulations on healthcare, but encourage companies that do fairly support the American people to keep coverage going. Companies that are cheap with insurance and dont treat their consumers right should be held to task for their failures. Cost is currently way too high, and we should protect people with pre-existing conditions.

Education: Vouchers ultimately hurt our public schools. The majority of America's children will go to public school, and that is a fact that we must accept. Schools should be adequately funded, not being shuttered because they can't pay their bills. America's teachers and America's children deserve better education and better wages than what they are getting in some states (Oklahoma, West Virginia, etc.). 

Immigration: Legal immigration is fantastic and should be encouraged. All are welcome here in America. Those that cross the border illegally must confine to the nation's laws that we have here. As long as they don't commit crimes (not low crimes like accidentally running a stop sign), they should work towards a path of legal immigration and eventual citizenship. Those that apply for asylum should be properly looked at and their pleas should be heard. Immigration courts are a disaster and we must improve them by allowing these people rights to attorneys, everyone has a right to an attorney.

Taxes: Personally, taxes on the rich should be higher. I support a moderate tax, and not a large tax hike on the lower and middle class (to be fair taxes isn't my strong suit).

Jobs:A minimum wage must be kept, and dollar amounts aren't exactly sure, but should be at least $10 an hour. Work to provide tax incentives and other ways for more people to help bring Americans back to work. Tariffs on other countries should be ditched (as in Canada, Mexico, EU, Japan, (assorted allies)), and those on China should be significantly scaled back.

Environment: Global warming is a real issue. We don't want to leave future generations with a planet that cannot sustain itself. By pulling out of the Paris Accord, we are not only mistreating ourselves and our future generations, but the entire world as well. We don't seem to be getting this message.

Military: America's military is one of our most prized possessions and we should treat it as such. We cannot throw our military into every action that happens in the world. Where things are necessary, yes, we should insert ourselves, such as when Kuwait was invaded in 1991. We cannot go picking fights like people want with Iran. We should promote democracy in the world, but not through force, but with aid.

Abortion: I support a woman's right to choose what her own body does. I simply think it isn't my place to tell a woman what to do with her body, and I would largely like to leave it up to women to decide this issue. 

SCOTUS: The Supreme Court process shouldn't be like it is today. A simple majority is not enough. The filibuster should never have been gotten rid of, regardless of whose party was in control. In an ideal world, the Supreme Court would be apolitical. An ideal court would be a 4/4/1 (Conservatives/Liberals/Moderate), and an even more would be all 9 moderates. 

Foreign Issues:

Russia: Russia is a hostile foreign actor and we should treat them like one. Sanctions should be increased on Russia for meddling in American elections and in elections around the world. They need to be held accountable for invasions of Georgia and Ukraine, for buzzing ships in the Baltic, and for massive cyberattacks on countries like Estonia.

ISIS: ISIS is fading fast, and we have been a large part of this. However, Syria, Russia, or even the US or US backed rebels in Syria aren't to thank for this. Instead, it is the Kurds. We should support them through what they face in Iraq today.

China: China's currency manipulation is a big problem. However, my home state's economy is almost directly tied to China buying our soybeans. Tariffs only hurt relations with China. Work on building a relationship with India to counteract this.

EU: The EU is one of the biggest allies we have in this world. Whether or not they want an economic union is none of our concern, and they should be allowed to choose their way forward without our intervention.

NATO/Allies: Continue expanding NATO in the Western Balkan region. Form alliances with India and Vietnam to make a bigger imprint in Asia. Send aid to Africa to build alliances there.

North Korea: As long as North Korea has nuclear weapons, they will be a threat to global peace. Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula is the only way forward for North Korea if they want a favorable deal with the US.

Iran: Iran is a hostile foreign actor, but they are nothing like North Korea. The Iran deal was a good deal, and possibly the only one that would drive Iran to the table. We had Russia, China, the US, and the EU all at the same table, agreeing on the same things. However, we have forsaken all of that progress for what? For them to get more hostile?

UN: While the US shouldn't have to burden the UN nearly alone, we should give more preparation. Warn them we will wean off support if other countries won't pay their fair share. 

Israel: A two-state solution is the best way forward for Israel and Palestine. While we shouldn't be inserting ourselves that much, we will be a neutral negotiator of a deal both sides want to sign.

Trade Deals: Trade deals are good for American jobs and American farmers. NAFTA supports many farmers and ranchers across the central US, and we cannot abandon them. 

On 7/30/2018 at 7:22 AM, Rodja said:

Form:

Party:

Domestic Issues:

Healthcare:

Education:

Immigration:

Taxes:

Jobs:

Environment:

Military:

Abortion: