270soft Forum

21 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Can you please get it on video and post here so @admin_270 or I can try to replicate it.

I have no video capture devices. I don't own any.

25 minutes ago, Patine said:

I have no video capture devices. I don't own any.

A screen recording software.

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

@Patine

What version of CI are you using? (right side of start screen)

2.8.4. I'm pretty sure that's the latest version.

When you close the, say, Regions screen, and the app disappears, what happens if you press alt+Tab? Is the CI app listed among those you can select?

14 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

When you close the, say, Regions screen, and the app disappears, what happens if you press alt+Tab? Is the CI app listed among those you can select?

Yes. In fact that's the ONLY way I can shut down the program.

10 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

And when you select it using alt+Tab, what happens?

It flashes briefly (as in a split-second) in a smaller-than-normal window, then instantly minimizes again.

Hmmm ... It might be that the original window is getting moved off your desktop for some reason. What happens if, after the window disappears, you right click on your taskbar (bar at bottom of your screen) and click 'Cascade windows'?

9 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Hmmm ... It might be that the original window is getting moved off your desktop for some reason. What happens if, after the window disappears, you right click on your taskbar (bar at bottom of your screen) and click 'Cascade windows'?

"Cascade windows" is greyed out as an option when the minimized CI is the only active program on the taskbar.

9 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Also, is there anything unusual about your display set up (such as using two monitors)?

I am not using two (or more) monitors, and no unusual display setups or options that I'm aware are active or relevant.

18 hours ago, Patine said:

"Cascade windows" is greyed out as an option when the minimized CI is the only active program on the taskbar.

I am not using two (or more) monitors, and no unusual display setups or options that I'm aware are active or relevant.

Windows 10 has virtual desktops.

From the main Editor screen, are there any screens you can open and then close without the program minimizing to your taskbar?

Also, do you have PMI or PI to try out, and if so, do you get the same sort of behaviour in the Editor?

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, admin_270 said:

From the main Editor screen, are there any screens you can open and then close without the program minimizing to your taskbar?

Also, do you have PMI or PI to try out, and if so, do you get the same sort of behaviour in the Editor?

In CI, the Leaders tab also leads to this off behaviour, the Issues tab does not, and the Parties won't even open, claiming it can't find the "required file" (there are no files missing in the given folder that are in other CI scenario folders). PMI works properly on all but the Leaders tab, where it also has this anomalous behaviour. PI has this anomalous behaviour on Leaders, Parties, Regions, and Issues, but the other tabs work properly. I'm not sure what to make of this at all... :S