270soft Forum
Hestia11

Democratic House Takeover

I played using the 2018 scenario in the scenario list, and this is how it ended out. (234 Democrats-201 Republicans)

image.png.721596cb82004d66296e93bf505f070d.png

If Democrats were to retake the house, this would be pretty much around what I'd say in terms of numbers. Some seats were weird pickups, for example, Democrats took 3/4 of Kansas' seats, however lost by a lot there. It was 50/50 result in Georgia, with Dems taking 2 seats there. California really is where the ground was made up, taking 6 former Republican seats. I don't know if they adjusted Pennsylvania or not, I don't think so, but I only took 2 former Republican seats there. I lost a seat in Texas, which is where irl Democrats could take some advantage. 

dem-landsldie.PNG.374363a53158b8a20780de0de5d89bbf.PNG

I raise 60 house seats

Just now, NYrepublican said:

I raise 60 house seats

Wow haha. I think I didn't adjust fast enough to the negative ads Reps were running against me. I didn't realize why all of a sudden I had negatives until I thought of that.

5 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Wow haha. I think I didn't adjust fast enough to the negative ads Reps were running against me. I didn't realize why all of a sudden I had negatives until I thought of that.

Although I haven't tried it yet, I'm a bit disappointed the 2018 House of Representatives CI scenario doesn't include Third Parties or Independents... :(

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Although I haven't tried it yet, I'm a bit disappointed the 2018 House of Representatives CI scenario doesn't include Third Parties or Independents... :(

Me too. I'd like to even give it a shot even if I don't win any seats.

How did KY-6 go for both of you?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

If Gary Johnson jumps in as the Libertarian candidate in New Mexico for Senate, he (at the very least) would probably have to be added.

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

If Gary Johnson jumps in as the Libertarian candidate in New Mexico for Senate, he (at the very least) would probably have to be added.

Democrat gain for me. I think they should add it for the House too, just for something different.

10 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I played using the 2018 scenario in the scenario list, and this is how it ended out. (234 Democrats-201 Republicans)

image.png.721596cb82004d66296e93bf505f070d.png

If Democrats were to retake the house, this would be pretty much around what I'd say in terms of numbers. Some seats were weird pickups, for example, Democrats took 3/4 of Kansas' seats, however lost by a lot there. It was 50/50 result in Georgia, with Dems taking 2 seats there. California really is where the ground was made up, taking 6 former Republican seats. I don't know if they adjusted Pennsylvania or not, I don't think so, but I only took 2 former Republican seats there. I lost a seat in Texas, which is where irl Democrats could take some advantage. 

If you don't mind me asking how'd Richard Ojeda and Talley Sergent do in WV-3 and 2 respectively.

Just now, WVProgressive said:

If you don't mind me asking how'd Richard Ojeda and Talley Sergent do in WV-3 and 2 respectively.

Ojeda took 3, Sergent lost 2. 

2 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I didn't export results but I'd assume for me considering I had a wave 

From the October 20th save I was down 2 points and I only gained afterwards so I probably won

On 7/29/2018 at 10:09 PM, NYrepublican said:

I raise 60 house seats

If you don't mind me bothering you for game advice, did you Target many seats in that game? I seem to have become pretty good at Senate elections (because of the dozen or so battleground states I can focus on) but I played a UK election game and I can hardly Target every seat I'm looking to win if I'm the Tories or Labour so do experienced players bother with Targeting in the games with larger seat numbers?

On 8/24/2018 at 7:29 PM, Lemass17 said:

If you don't mind me bothering you for game advice, did you Target many seats in that game? I seem to have become pretty good at Senate elections (because of the dozen or so battleground states I can focus on) but I played a UK election game and I can hardly Target every seat I'm looking to win if I'm the Tories or Labour so do experienced players bother with Targeting in the games with larger seat numbers?

Very rarely, only when there's a clear point to it.

13 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Very rarely, only when there's a clear point to it.

Makes sense; thanks! :)