270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

Scenarios I'd like to do that I can do now

CI

NY State Senate 2018

Israel mayoral elections 2018 (The Hebrew Wikipedia has a whole list of races https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/הבחירות_לרשויות_המקומיות_בישראל_(2018)#בוקעתא) unfortunately there is no english version at this time

PI

Jerusalem Mayoral 2018 (PI) (I'd need help with this I don't know the political leaning of neighborhoods in Jerusalem, I do have a map)

NY-14 US House election (once popular vote is made compatible with primaries, I'll finish up and release) 

Falkland Islands Electoral system referendum,2001 (I know this is really obscure)- released

Polish-Lithuanian Free election, 1573 (This'd just be an interesting one to do, @vcczar  had a similar one about Massachusetts)

Taiwan presidential election, 1996

PMI

Polish Senate election,2015

Indian general election, 2014

Ones That haven't been finished for one reason or another

NY County executive elections 2017 (CI) may just release this soon

NY US House elections 2016(CI) another scenario I have gathering dust

San Antonio Municipal elections 2015 (This one just broke for no reason I can probably redo it)(CI)

San Antonio Mayoral election,2015 (just need two-round then I can finish up)

Catalan independence referendum 2017 (This one also broke for no reason)(PI)

Joe Biden's first senate election Delaware 1972 (This one also broke so I deleted it) (PI)

@Patine I cut down my list, and varied it a bit

Would love to play a Taiwan election.

9 minutes ago, wolves said:

True! Me too, as I am interested in Asian things in general

2 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

True! Me too, as I am interested in Asian things in general

It's sad that a lot of Asian countries deploy a PR system because CI, PMI and PI haven't got that yet. 

1 minute ago, wolves said:

It's sad that a lot of Asian countries deploy a PR system because CI, PMI and PI haven't got that yet. 

I hope it will be implemented one day.

@Conservative Elector 2 @wolves added some scenarios I have lying around

Any thoughts on the non-Taiwan ones?

BTW that Taiwan election was the first seriously contested presidential election

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

CI

NY State Senate 2018

Israel mayoral elections 2018 (The Hebrew Wikipedia has a whole list of races https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/הבחירות_לרשויות_המקומיות_בישראל_(2018)#בוקעתא) unfortunately there is no english version at this time

PI

Jerusalem Mayoral 2018 (PI) (I'd need help with this I don't know the political leaning of neighborhoods in Jerusalem, I do have a map)

NY-14 US House election (once popular vote is made compatible with primaries, I'll finish up and release) 

Falkland Islands Electoral system referendum,2001 (I know this is really obscure)

Polish-Lithuanian Free election, 1573 (This'd just be an interesting one to do, @vcczar  had a similar one about Massachusetts)

Taiwan presidential election, 1996

PMI

Polish Senate election,2015

Indian general election, 2014

Ones That haven't been finished for one reason or another

NY County executive elections 2017 (CI) may just release this soon

NY US House elections 2016(CI) another scenario I have gathering dust

San Antonio Municipal elections 2015 (This one just broke for no reason I can probably redo it)(CI)

San Antonio Mayoral election,2015 (just need two-round then I can finish up)

Catalan independence referendum 2017 (This one also broke for no reason)(PI)

Joe Biden's first senate election Delaware 1972 (This one also broke so I deleted it) (PI)

@Patine I cut down my list, and varied it a bit

2 hours ago, wolves said:

1 hour ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I hope it will be implemented one day.

I have collected all the Taiwanese regional flags (counties and cities). It would be interesting. However, Poland, too, uses a MPP variant, and the results in an FPTP scenario would be horribly distorted, such as in @victorraiders Hungary 2014 scenario. I, myself, would (and plan to, when I address such scenarios) just use K4E and not wait until some unspecified time in the misty future that Anthony officially releases such a system, which he has to have no enthusiasm to do, or to use distorted FPTP results, or to rely on third party apps not compatible with the game and it's play and AI themselves - I just think people here should get over the typical attitude that youth today have programed into them by marketing schemes (especially to computer games and electronics), that just because the manufacturer or designer declares a product "obsolete," that it means that product is unusable, unworkable, and not even worthy or bearing of even a brief consideration, and using a much more compromised and lower quality result by a "current product" is preferable to even considering touching an "obsolete one." It's one of the stupider attitudes in this regard I've seen these, and I'm not going to pander to it at all, and thus, all MPP scenarios I make will be by K4E, and I won't necassarily consider another user-made scenario for an MPP election with and FPTP system, and all the distorted results, or relying on clumsy external apps, to be any sort of "official" scenario in this community for that election, and may well feel free to do my own version by K4E.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

I have collected all the Taiwanese regional flags (counties and cities). It would be interesting. However, Poland, too, uses a MPP variant, and the results in an FPTP scenario would be horribly distorted, such as in @victorraiders Hungary 2014 scenario. I, myself, would (and plan to, when I address such scenarios) just use K4E and not wait until some unspecified time in the misty future that Anthony officially releases such a system, which he has to have no enthusiasm to do, or to use distorted FPTP results, or to rely on third party apps not compatible with the game and it's play and AI themselves - I just think people here should get over the typical attitude that youth today have programed into them by marketing schemes (especially to computer games and electronics), that just because the manufacturer or designer declares a product "obsolete," that it means that product is unusable, unworkable, and not even worthy or bearing of even a brief consideration, and using a much more compromised and lower quality result by a "current product" is preferable to even considering touching an "obsolete one." It's one of the stupider attitudes in this regard I've seen these, and I'm not going to pander to it at all, and thus, all MPP scenarios I make will be by K4E, and I won't necassarily consider another user-made scenario for an MPP election with and FPTP system, and all the distorted results, or relying on clumsy external apps, to be any sort of "official" scenario in this community for that election, and may well feel free to do my own version by K4E.

Please be careful I specifically said only the polish senate which uses FPTP not the sejm

Anyway please send them to me

What'd you think of the other ones?

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Please be careful I specifically said only the polish senate which uses FPTP not the sejm

Anyway please send them to me

What d you think of the other ones?

India (which was already on my docket) and Taiwan sound interesting. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth election had less of a percentage of it's population that were eligible voters than the British House of Commons did in the same year (and that's saying something). The rest are all very local, small-scale, or referendums, and thus little interest there.

Just now, Patine said:

India (which was already on my docket) and Taiwan sound interesting. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth election had less of a percentage of it's population that were eligible voters than the British House of Commons did in the same year (and that's saying something). The rest are all very local, small-scale, or referendums, and thus little interest there.

The Israel mayoral elections 2018 would have 151 seats not so small now is it?

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

The Israel mayoral elections 2018 would have 151 seats not so small now is it?

The city itself is not that big (it's smaller than Edmonton, where I live, even though our City Council only has 12 member - these membership numbers are pretty arbitrarily assigned, you'll find, and have no inherent meaning to them), and, Israel has a strictly unitary system of government, with no trace at all of federalist ideals (their districts don't even officially have their own flags or other symbols), nor has there been a lot of devolution of power without formal adoption of a federal system, like the U.K. has done, in many places, and thus an election for a mayor and council of Jerusalem is not actually as meaningful as a U.S. State, Canadian Provincial, U.K. devolved, or other such election - it's the Knesset elections that really matter in all ways.

Just now, Patine said:

The city itself is not that big (it's smaller than Edmonton, where I live, even though our City Council only has 12 member - these membership numbers are pretty arbitrarily, you'll find, and have no inherent meaning to them), and, Israel has a strictly unitary system of government, with no trace at all of federalist ideals (their districts don't even officially have their own flags or other symbols), nor has there been a lot of devolution of power without formal adoption of a federal system, like the U.K. has done, in many places, and thus an election for a mayor and council of Jerusalem is not actually as meaningful as a U.S. State, Canadian Provincial, U.K. devolved, or other such election - it's the Knesset elections that really matter in all ways.

Well it does matter for local elections and many Knesset candidates endorsers etc. are mayors

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

The city itself is not that big (it's smaller than Edmonton, where I live, even though our City Council only has 12 member - these membership numbers are pretty arbitrarily assigned, you'll find, and have no inherent meaning to them), and, Israel has a strictly unitary system of government, with no trace at all of federalist ideals (their districts don't even officially have their own flags or other symbols), nor has there been a lot of devolution of power without formal adoption of a federal system, like the U.K. has done, in many places, and thus an election for a mayor and council of Jerusalem is not actually as meaningful as a U.S. State, Canadian Provincial, U.K. devolved, or other such election - it's the Knesset elections that really matter in all ways.

A number also have unofficial or official flags

like Jerusalem

image.png.74058ee7655d2560302a16d887a76030.png

8 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

A number also have unofficial or official flags

like Jerusalem

image.png.74058ee7655d2560302a16d887a76030.png

Only the CITIES of Jerusalem and Tel Aviv (and seemingly no others) have flags - and not their corresponding districts, which still have no flags), and the only "flag" used for the Judea and Samarra District (the Israeli administrative label for the disputed West Bank region) was a flag strictly associated with the IDF from 1967-1982 (indicating openly admitting to military occupation and administration, at least before 1982). However, two city flags a federal or devolved government system does not create. All the Departments of France have flags, but their powers of government are VERY limited to extremely local matters, and the national government in Paris has full veto over decision made by a Department government for whatever region they may object. It seems to very much be the same in Israel.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Only the CITIES of Jerusalem and Tel Aviv (and seemingly no others) have flags - and not their corresponding districts, which still have no flags), and the only "flag" used for the Judea and Samarra District (the Israeli administrative label for the disputed West Bank region) was a flag strictly associated with the IDF from 1967-1982 (indicating openly admitting to military occupation and administration, at least before 1982). However, two city flags a federal or devolved government system does not create. All the Departments of France have flags, but their powers of government are VERY limited to extremely local matters, and the national government in Paris has full veto over decision made by a Department government for whatever region they may object. It seems to very much be the same in Israel.

true but i'd still thing it might be interesting if just as a primer before next year's knesset elections

and it isn't just jerusalem and tel aviv

Here's beit shemesh

[Municipality of Bet Shemesh (Israel)]

Nazareth

[Municipality of Nazareth, Arabic and Hebrew inscription (Israel)]

For those that don't have flags I'll use whatever I can find

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine you can add to your map collection

The falkland islands

falkland_islands.bmp

This could be useful, once I figure out a good method to do non-partisan elections in a satisfactory way for PMI (then I can also do Nunavut, the N.W.T., several other far-flung British Overseas Territories, the British Crown Dependencies (which only have very limited partisan activity), and several South Pacific Island nations). It could be fun, once such a mechanism is fully concocted and actually workable in-game.

This could be useful, once I figure out a good method to do non-partisan elections in a satisfactory way for PMI (then I can also do Nunavut, the N.W.T., several other far-flung British Overseas Territories, the British Crown Dependencies (which only have very limited partisan activity), and several South Pacific Island nations). It could be fun, once such a mechanism is fully concocted and actually workable in-game.

I know you're not a big fan of referendums but this i'd like to see

Australian republic referendum, 1999

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

I know you're not a big fan of referendums but this i'd like to see

Australian republic referendum, 1999

Whereas I do have some Australian elections (and maybe a few Australian State elections) planned, and even a few New Zealand ones, I'm afraid you'll have to hit someone else up for that - and any other - referendum. The only referendum I ever even considered doing in my whole time on these forums was the Newfoundland 1948 one, but it, too, didn't get done.

Whereas I do have some Australian elections (and maybe a few Australian State elections) planned, and even a few New Zealand ones, I'm afraid you'll have to hit someone else up for that - and any other - referendum. The only referendum I ever even considered doing in my whole time on these forums was the Newfoundland 1948 one, but it, too, didn't get done.

Don't use that falkland map It seems to be broken I'm trying to see where the missing pixels are

On 7/29/2018 at 9:50 PM, NYrepublican said:

true but i'd still thing it might be interesting if just as a primer before next year's knesset elections

and it isn't just jerusalem and tel aviv

Here's beit shemesh

[Municipality of Bet Shemesh (Israel)]

Nazareth

[Municipality of Nazareth, Arabic and Hebrew inscription (Israel)]

For those that don't have flags I'll use whatever I can find

almost all cities have flags, most of them suck tho (not Liberia level tho, just generic and not memorable)

1 minute ago, Ido said:

well i'm already helping you with Jerusalem, idk about the other ones tho, it would be fun to see the Poland Lithuania one

Yes, Poland Lithuania, with maybe a couple thousand voters, at most, in a nation of several million at the time. Sounds like great fun!