270soft Forum

Does anyone know @Patine ? if there is a map of South Korea available for this game. Perhaps someone could contribute one, as I do not have any valuable resource currently. 

48 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Does anyone know @Patine ? if there is a map of South Korea available for this game. Perhaps someone could contribute one, as I do not have any valuable resource currently. 

There was a poster some time ago (I can't remember their handle name) who announced they were doing both South Korean Presidential and National Assembly elections, and seemed to make some progress, and showed two screenshots (I believe two) with a South Korean map from a playtest of their own scenario. That poster suddenly disappeared without releasing either the scenario or the map. :(

14 minutes ago, Patine said:

There was a poster some time ago (I can't remember their handle name) who announced they were doing both South Korean Presidential and National Assembly elections, and seemed to make some progress, and showed two screenshots (I believe two) with a South Korean map from a playtest of their own scenario. That poster suddenly disappeared without releasing either the scenario or the map. :(

Oh no! That is very very bad... It hurts even more, as I am both Korea loving and Korean learning at the same time. Do you know any link to the screenshots? Maybe I find it myself

@Conservative Elector 2 If I may ask (as you might have some idea), was the United Progressive Party in South Korea, active from 2011-2014, REALLY likely sympathetic to North Korea to the extent they were likely to be behind a major government sabotage plot, or was their branding as such and subsequent banning MORE LIKELY a vendetta, or a smear campaign, or other political "dirty pool" by the government in power in Seoul?

@vcczarSadly I do not have complete insight (I became interested in Korea in 2016 (too late considering how much I love doing research and learning the language - but it is not too late to do the right thing)), but I think that it was more or less a smear campaign. The party cannot be seen in South Korea as the overall melting pot of all evil, because a former leader of them https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim_Sang-jung is still leading a new breakaway party in the National Assembly and was their candidate in the President election of 2017. If the party would have been that hostile to the legitimate Korean government, all their associates would been likely imprisoned I guess. Especially if you are considering that the Conservatives lost presidential control as recently as in the end of 2016, after having two consecutive presidents from the right-leaning branches. As I expect to get a deeper look into Korean political affairs at my University, perhaps I am able to give a more detailed answer soon. 

That user may have been me,

I had started on 2017 Korean Presidential election scenario but never got around to finishing it. I can send to you if you are interested?

Thanks

6 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Thank you very much!

9 hours ago, daons said:

I had started on 2017 Korean Presidential election scenario but never got around to finishing it. I can send to you if you are interested?

Thanks

That would be great! 

On 7/29/2018 at 2:12 AM, daons said:

Thanks

The scenario is actually perfectly playable, a few things need to be adjusted but I think in this state you could have released it noted as a beta version. I am very very satisfied with this basis.