270soft Forum
Conservative Elector 2

German translations for the game

@admin_270 Do you at some time plan to implement a foreign language option for your games? As German native speaker I could contribute for the German versions of course. And as I reliable partner here at the forum I think I could find myself giving an important assistance for this. This needs time and would not be done within a few days, but the best way I could imagine would be (if available) a list of words and phrases of the functions within the game. I could this use as basis for the translation work, if this is planned in the future. I think this would be a great way to expand the game for German and Austrian elections and their audience. But after all it is just an idea to help.

56 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

@admin_270 Do you at some time plan to implement a foreign language option for your games? As German native speaker I could contribute for the German versions of course. And as I reliable partner here at the forum I think I could find myself giving an important assistance for this. This needs time and would not be done within a few days, but the best way I could imagine would be (if available) a list of words and phrases of the functions within the game. I could this use as basis for the translation work, if this is planned in the future. I think this would be a great way to expand the game for German and Austrian elections and their audience. But after all it is just an idea to help.

There was a German-language version of K4E (surprise!) that MAY still be available.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

There was a German-language version of K4E (surprise!) that MAY still be available.

Oh really? I was not aware of that hahah but anyway I would be glad if I could help in any capacity to spread this awesome game into the German-speaking world.

We made a German language version of Chancellor Forever. We did that because a German political institute paid to make it. It wouldn't have happened otherwise.

In retrospect, it was a very large investment in time to add another language. I think it makes more sense to focus on improving our English-language products, instead of spending time porting to other languages at this point.