270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheMiddlePolitical

SOMEBODY EXPLAIN THIS RESULT?

I think this shows state by state ai needs worked on...Romney loses PV by 12% and still wins EV

Capture.PNG.cd81f9662e3f24fd32bc639f7d453efe.PNG

@admin_270

3 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I think this shows state by state ai needs worked on...Romney loses PV by 12% and still wins EV

Capture.PNG.cd81f9662e3f24fd32bc639f7d453efe.PNG

@admin_270

The Electoral College is a broken, highly-flawed institution like I've been saying for quite a while.

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

The Electoral College is a broken, highly-flawed institution like I've been saying for quite a while.

Main issue was game wise,Kerry won MI by 85% IA by 90% NY with 76% SC with 75%

23 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Main issue was game wise,Kerry won MI by 85% IA by 90% NY with 76% SC with 75%

The game has had some issues for about a year. The elections are almost always inaccurate. CPU gets obsessive on random states and wins them by landslides, even if that state would never support that party. For instance, Wyoming might go for Obama at 72% or something, and then Obama ignores battleground states and loses in a landslide. The winner of the PV loses the EC regularly now, especially in simulation mode. The game needs to be updated. 

59 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The game has had some issues for about a year. The elections are almost always inaccurate. CPU gets obsessive on random states and wins them by landslides, even if that state would never support that party. For instance, Wyoming might go for Obama at 72% or something, and then Obama ignores battleground states and loses in a landslide. The winner of the PV loses the EC regularly now, especially in simulation mode. The game needs to be updated. 

Yeah in a third party sim playthrough, Clinton won for example Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana. In another sim as Bloomberg, Libertarian Party's Johnson won in Ohio, Alaska, Washington and Utah. McMullin nearly carried a state, Bloomberg got 21% in Texas without even campaigning (me) and the Green Party nearly won New Mexico...

34 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Yeah in a third party sim playthrough, Clinton won for example Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana. In another sim as Bloomberg, Libertarian Party's Johnson won in Ohio, Alaska, Washington and Utah. McMullin nearly carried a state, Bloomberg got 21% in Texas without even campaigning (me) and the Green Party nearly won New Mexico...

I keep wanting to massively advertise this game to get my friends and their friends to play it, but I know a lot of them will stop playing it after one unrealistic election result. Well, they might give it a second chance but not a third. It used to run much better election results. I think if I had come upon this game now, I'm not sure if I would have gotten hooked on it. It's only because I have the memory of it functioning normally, and because I've built relationships in this community, that I'm still here. Part of the reason I haven't gotten back to update my scenarios is because I'm waiting for it to get fixed. I'm glad the candidate dropping out mechanism has returned. That's a start. 

47 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I spectated as Jill Stein and was ahead for a bit in Arkansas.

12 hours ago, vcczar said:

It used to run much better election results. I think if I had come upon this game now, I'm not sure if I would have gotten hooked on it. It's only because I have the memory of it functioning normally, and because I've built relationships in this community, that I'm still here. Part of the reason I haven't gotten back to update my scenarios is because I'm waiting for it to get fixed. I'm glad the candidate dropping out mechanism has returned. That's a start. 

That is true, the game already worked better. I think it should not be impossible to get such results, but in 1/500 games perhaps. In P4E 2008 I simulated like 10.000 games and I can only remember one time when Peroutka and the Constitution Party won in Alabama.

18 hours ago, vcczar said:

I keep wanting to massively advertise this game to get my friends and their friends to play it, but I know a lot of them will stop playing it after one unrealistic election result. Well, they might give it a second chance but not a third. It used to run much better election results. I think if I had come upon this game now, I'm not sure if I would have gotten hooked on it. It's only because I have the memory of it functioning normally, and because I've built relationships in this community, that I'm still here. Part of the reason I haven't gotten back to update my scenarios is because I'm waiting for it to get fixed. I'm glad the candidate dropping out mechanism has returned. That's a start. 

When playing in simulation mode to control it is if the CPU gets obsessive on random states I premeptively arm myself with a ton of cash and run a ton of ads in those states to keep its momentum in check and make it focus on the battleground states