270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
macarthur31

Game Strategy: Defending against the Scandal?

Hey folks --

I've really enjoyed playing PF, and I eagerly await the new version w/primaries.

Quick question: Is there anyway to defend against Scandal? I know the help file talks about if your candidate has high integrity that it can delay a scandal, but I've found it to be devastating.

I had a 4 person race, and it seemed like the three other candidates unleashed scandals simultaneously.

Is there a way to clear out the spies in your campaign? Or is this just one of those things you have to deal with? I'm having a hard time to believe that one candidate could have three different power 9/10 scandals during one campaign. In real life, wouldn't that canddiate not have made it past the primaries?

peace,

mac

and when you get 2-3 major scandals, it doesnt seem to matter how much you spin because the other guys are spinning too. (have noticed if I didn't spin it got worse though....went from 9 to 10 and even 12 one time).

these will sure wipe out ur momentum. Just have enough positive ads to unleash and hope they are enough to offset the bad stuff (unleashing your own scandal could help too)

I just played a game where I had three major scandals against me. Needless to say, I lost. There's only so much you can do as far as spin and stuff goes, and, at some point, its just a matter of luck.