270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Who is a Better World Leader Poll?

Who is a better World Leader?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following 10 world leaders are more competent than Trump?

• Angela Merkel - Germany
    • Justin Trudeau - Canada
    • Emmanuel Macron - France
    • Theresa May - UK
    • Vladimir Putin - Russia
    • Pope Francis - Vatican City
    • Xi Jinping - China
    • Kim Jong Un - North Korea
    • Benjamin Netanyahu - Israel
    • Bashar al-Assad - Syria
    • None - Donald Trump is more competent than all of these leaders.
  2. 2. Which of the following 10 World Leaders would you prefer as President of the United states over Donald Trump?

• Angela Merkel
    • Justin Trudeau
    • Emmanuel Macron
    • Theresa May
    • Vladimir Putin
    • Pope Francis
    • Xi Jinping
    • Kim Jong Un
    • Benjamin Netanyahu
    • Bashar al-Assad
    • None - Donald Trump is better for America than any of these world leaders.
  3. 3. Who was/is a better world leader?

14 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

*nor

ya wot mate I thought you only used 'nor' when you had 'neither' in the sentence

Oh grammar master @Patine can you please confirm this?

3 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

ya wot mate I thought you only used 'nor' when you had 'neither' in the sentence

when you are using a negative you should have included neither in your sentence. It is bad prose to use "or" for a false or negative choice.

Also if you seriously voted for the Pope over Trump I want an explanation, and also challenge you to a feat of strength of your choice.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

when you are using a negative you should have included neither in your sentence. It is bad prose to use "or" for a false or negative choice.

Thanks bb I'll keep that in mind. Always looking out for me. 

3 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Also if you seriously voted for the Pope over Trump I want an explanation, and also challenge you to a feat of strength of your choice.

He's Roman Catholic, remember?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

He's Roman Catholic, remember?

I doubt everyone who voted for him is a Catholic. I'd say at most one or two are.

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I doubt everyone who voted for him is a Catholic. I'd say at most one or two are.

Besides, Trump wouldn't normally be a high bar to prefer world leaders over for anyone with any sense in their heads. It's just that, at the moment, a lot of the competition whose also in office in the world at this time is really sketchy too.

"May you live in interesting times." Old Chinese curse.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Besides, Trump wouldn't normally be a high bar to prefer world leaders over for anyone with any sense in their heads. It's just that, at the moment, a lot of the competition whose also in office in the world at this time is really sketchy too.

"May you live in interesting times." Old Chinese curse.

How would you rank them? You typically don't vote in polls but i'm curious. 

17 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

How would you rank them? You typically don't vote in polls but i'm curious. 

"I'll take door number four, Monty. I know it'll be the goat, but I think that'll be a LOT preferable."

Just now, Patine said:

"I'll take door number four, Monty. I know it'll be the goat, but I think that'll be a LOT preferable."

So Theresa May huh :P 

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:51 PM, jvikings1 said:

Merkel- Fool

Trudeau- Fool

Macron- Fool

May- Fool

Putin- Monster

Pope-Fool (but a well-meaning one)

Xi Jinping- Monster

Kim Jung Un- Monster

Netanyahu- Monster

Bashar al-Assad- Monster

Trump-Like Pennywise from "It," both a monster and a fool at the same time

As I said, a carnival of monsters and fools. @ThePotatoWalrus

5 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Take inspiration from Sarah Palin

""Refudiate," "misunderestimate," "wee-wee'd up." English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!" - Sarah Palin

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

As I said, a carnival of monsters and fools.

It's not like you to quote false quotes

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

It's not like you to quote false quotes

I was using the quote as a template like several other people on this thread did after @jvikings1's list was made. OBVIOUSLY, it wasn't a challenge to the priority of his own list.

irrelevant

Just now, NYrepublican said:

They copied the quote and pasted it outside of the quotation box.

My post on the matter right above this one still stands.

18 minutes ago, Patine said:

My post on the matter right above this one still stands.

Agreed. I did not see it at the time.

Honestly on a judgement completely disregarding the political environment of each individual country, Putin is probably the best world leader.

Unlike the leaders of the past, today's leaders have been so out of touch with both the populations they represent and the concept of diplomacy that the foreign affairs sector has become lackluster.

The fact that Putin is my eyes is the 1# world power is scary, judging how I look at every candidate with many different angles.

We. Need. Better. World. Leaders.

11 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Honestly on a judgement completely disregarding the political environment of each individual country, Putin is probably the best world leader.

love vlady poot ❤️ 

Putin easily outranks the rest of these in terms of political ability. Xi is a distant second. Merkel peaked around five years ago. Francis has little business being on here, given that he's primarily a religious figure.

Bibi and Assad are mid-rankers, perhaps upper middle on their good days. Kim is lucky that he's leader of North Korea. In just about any other country the bureaucrats would walk all over him. Trudeau is vastly inferior to his father, both politically and intellectually. He's just a telegenic, mushy centre-left liberal. Macron's politics are similar to Trudeau's, but he has perhaps somewhat more potential. May is quite clearly the most inept of this bunch, other than Trump. Trump is however a better campaigner than May. 

1 hour ago, RFK/JFKfan said:

Putin easily outranks the rest of these in terms of political ability. Xi is a distant second. Merkel peaked around five years ago. Francis has little business being on here, given that he's primarily a religious figure.

Bibi and Assad are mid-rankers, perhaps upper middle on their good days. Kim is lucky that he's leader of North Korea. In just about any other country the bureaucrats would walk all over him. Trudeau is vastly inferior to his father, both politically and intellectually. He's just a telegenic, mushy centre-left liberal. Macron's politics are similar to Trudeau's, but he has perhaps somewhat more potential. May is quite clearly the most inept of this bunch, other than Trump. Trump is however a better campaigner than May. 

Why can't we have leaders of the competence that existed (for the most part) amongst significant leaders in the '80's, when I was growing up, even if they were all polarized between, the West, East, and Non-Aligned Blocs. It's an unfortunate state of affairs when I view an era of world history dominated by leaders such as Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Francois Mitterand, Helmut Kohl, Mikhail Gorbachev, Ariel Sharon, Saddam Hussein, the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, Rajiv Gandhi, Benazir Bhutto, Hua Guofeng, Ferdinand Marcos, Yasuhiro Nakasone, Kim Il-sung (the grandfather, first, and founder - and only competent and capable North Korean leader in his own right), Muommar Gadaffi, P.W. Botha, and Fidel Castro, as a higher quality par of leaders by all the relevant qualities usually used for such measurements then exist today.

On 7/11/2018 at 4:54 PM, jvikings1 said:

Did you really just compare Macron with Thatcher?

The Guardian did it before me. I just went along with it. I admit it does seem a little exaggerated in hindsight.