270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Who is a Better World Leader Poll?

Who is a better World Leader?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following 10 world leaders are more competent than Trump?

• Angela Merkel - Germany
    • Justin Trudeau - Canada
    • Emmanuel Macron - France
    • Theresa May - UK
    • Vladimir Putin - Russia
    • Pope Francis - Vatican City
    • Xi Jinping - China
    • Kim Jong Un - North Korea
    • Benjamin Netanyahu - Israel
    • Bashar al-Assad - Syria
    • None - Donald Trump is more competent than all of these leaders.
  2. 2. Which of the following 10 World Leaders would you prefer as President of the United states over Donald Trump?

• Angela Merkel
    • Justin Trudeau
    • Emmanuel Macron
    • Theresa May
    • Vladimir Putin
    • Pope Francis
    • Xi Jinping
    • Kim Jong Un
    • Benjamin Netanyahu
    • Bashar al-Assad
    • None - Donald Trump is better for America than any of these world leaders.
  3. 3. Who was/is a better world leader?

new poll

For 2 I selected Netanyahu because he's used to negotiating in the political sphere which Trump isn't

While I don't like Trump we have moved forward with a lot of foreign issues with Trump, more than the status quo of Obama.

I also agree we have polarized our relations with other nations with Trump too, so its not good all around, but overall we have gotten more done.

Time will tell if its done right or wrong.

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

new poll

Former President Jose Mujica of Uruguay was, in my opinion, the greatest world leader of the 21st Century.

Merkel- Botched the refugee situation and is paying for it now.  Her EU project is starting to fall apart and even members of her government are pushing back.

Trudeau- He's a joke that praised Castro and gave millions to a terrorist.

Macron- Newer than the rest so harder to judge.  But, he is much too trusting in international organizations like the UN and EU.

May- Her government is falling apart.  Threw away a majority with a garbage campaign.  Totally botching Brexit.

Putin- He is way too authoritarian, but one cannot deny that he is effective.

Pope- Really doesn't do much, although a lot of my Catholic friends are PO'd at him.

Xi Jinping- Authoritarian but experienced.

Kim Jung Un- Just crazy.

Netanyahu- One of my favorite world leaders who stands up to the UN's bullying.

Bashar al-Assad- His country is in shambles with multiple parties warring for control.

2 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Merkel- Botched the refugee situation and is paying for it now.  Her EU project is starting to fall apart and even members of her government are passing back.

Macron- Newer than the rest so harder to judge.  But, he is much too trusting in international organizations like the UN and EU.

May- Her government is falling apart.  Threw away a majority with a garbage campaign.  Totally botching Brexit.

Pope- Really doesn't do much, although a lot of my Catholic friends are PO's at him.

Kim Jung Un- Just crazy.

Netanyahu- One of my favorite world leaders who stands up the UN's bullying.

Bashar al-Assad- His country is in shambles with multiple parties warring for control.

I can't get behind Netanyahu. His idea of bombing whole neighbourhoods, killing hundreds, even thousands, of CIVILIANS, and destroying CIVILIAN infrastructure, with impunity, often for such things as just the death of one soldier, a few teenagers, etc., smacks of a similar theory to Stalin's "collective punishment" ideal.

6 hours ago, Patine said:

Former President Jose Mujica of Uruguay was, in my opinion, the greatest world leader of the 21st Century.

He's definitely one of my favorite leaders of all time. He'd be 1,000x preferable to Trump, Obama, Reagan, Clinton, etc., etc., as a president of the US. 

1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

Merkel- Botched the refugee situation and is paying for it now.  Her EU project is starting to fall apart and even members of her government are passing back.

Pope- Really doesn't do much, although a lot of my Catholic friends are PO's at him.

Kim Jung Un- Just crazy.

100x Agree with all of this.

1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

Kim Jung Un- Just crazy.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

100x Agree with all of this.

I suppose when in a carnival of monsters and fools, you must choose from monsters and fools. It's quite unfortunate things have gotten down to this point...

I want to do one too

Merkel - Absolute piece of trash and of all of these leaders is the one I respect the least.

Trudeau - Dude's alright. I respect him but probably disagree with him on most stuff.

Macron - Still wish Le Pen was elected. Corrupt and owned by the banks. Seems like a coward IRL and I could take him in a fight. (Would never fight him though lmao)

May - Don't really know much about her but she doesn't really have a backbone or stand up to anything.

Putin - The most respectable leader here. Doesn't allow himself to be bought out by lobbyists or banks. Media portrays him in an unfair light because of his military background with the KGB and his negative views of media. Not corrupt in a political sense, but maybe in a "get rid of people who oppose me" sense.

Pope - I have no opinion of him, but I definitely don't consider him a world leader. Many high-ranking Christians are despicable or immoral anyways. (Seeing priests slap crying babies at baptisms disgusts me)

Xi Jinping - Authoritarian Commie fanboy of Mao but I don't know enough about him to make an opinion on him.

Kim Jung Un - Seems like he's smart, but more of a "mad scientist" narcissist kind of smart than practical, common sense smart.

Netanyahu - Corrupt piece of trash who likes to extort the US for money, and drag the US into conflicts and has no regard for human life. Even worse than Assad in my opinion.

Bashar al-Assad - I don't like him but he's better than Netanyahu.

Donald Trump - The God Emperor. Agree with him only about 55% policy-wise but seeing how the media treats him makes me support him even more. He's a charismatic leader, and one of the smartest men in politics with his subtle moves (watch videos of how psychologists analyze his movements, the way he shakes peoples hands or refuses to, the amount of space he takes up). Easily a mastermind as a man, politician, and in business. I'd rank him in my top 100 humans to ever exist.

41 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I want to do one too

Merkel - Absolute piece of trash and of all of these leaders is the one I respect the least.

Trudeau - Dude's alright. I respect him but probably disagree with him on most stuff.

Macron - Still wish Le Pen was elected. Corrupt and owned by the banks. Seems like a coward IRL and I could take him in a fight. (Would never fight him though lmao)

May - Don't really know much about her but she doesn't really have a backbone or stand up to anything.

Putin - The most respectable leader here. Doesn't allow himself to be bought out by lobbyists or banks. Media portrays him in an unfair light because of his military background with the KGB and his negative views of media. Not corrupt in a political sense, but maybe in a "get rid of people who oppose me" sense.

Pope - I have no opinion of him, but I definitely don't consider him a world leader. Many high-ranking Christians are despicable or immoral anyways. (Seeing priests slap crying babies at baptisms disgusts me)

Xi Jinping - Authoritarian Commie fanboy of Mao but I don't know enough about him to make an opinion on him.

Kim Jung Un - Seems like he's smart, but more of a "mad scientist" narcissist kind of smart than practical, common sense smart.

Netanyahu - Corrupt piece of trash who likes to extort the US for money, and drag the US into conflicts and has no regard for human life. Even worse than Assad in my opinion.

Bashar al-Assad - I don't like him but he's better than Netanyahu.

Donald Trump - The God Emperor. Agree with him only about 55% policy-wise but seeing how the media treats him makes me support him even more. He's a charismatic leader, and one of the smartest men in politics with his subtle moves (watch videos of how psychologists analyze his movements, the way he shakes peoples hands or refuses to, the amount of space he takes up). Easily a mastermind as a man, politician, and in business. I'd rank him in my top 100 humans to ever exist.

I still say a carnival of monsters and fools...

52 minutes ago, Patine said:

I still say a carnival of monsters and fools...

I'd say that's a little over-doing it but sure.

Now that I think about it, wishing for any of these other people to be President of the United States over Trump is fundamentally un-American. It is ridiculous to think that a person would believe that someone who represents another country's interests would be a better President than the actual President of the United States just because your ideology lines up more than them. I think that Vladimir Putin is the best and most stable leader in the world today, but I wouldn't dare have him be the President. If Hillary were President, I'd rather have her than Putin, or Le Pen, for example.

I honestly don't get why people of the left act so depressed and pessimistic because Trump is President. The country is as stable as it has ever been, with rising job and GDP growth (and falling unemployment), I'm making more money than I've ever made, and we're really, really far from a war of any kind.

32 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Now that I think about it, wishing for any of these other people to be President of the United States over Trump is fundamentally un-American. It is ridiculous to think that a person would believe that someone who represents another country's interests would be a better President than the actual President of the United States just because your ideology lines up more than them. I think that Vladimir Putin is the best and most stable leader in the world today, but I wouldn't dare have him be the President. If Hillary were President, I'd rather have her than Putin, or Le Pen, for example.

I honestly don't get why people of the left act so depressed and pessimistic because Trump is President. The country is as stable as it has ever been, with rising job and GDP growth (and falling unemployment), I'm making more money than I've ever made, and we're really, really far from a war of any kind.

The fact that Donald Trump was actually elected U.S. President in the first place is a symptom of just how sickened and bleak, yet naïve and sensationalism, much of modern society and people have become. But he's not the only such symptom out there. The world has not seen more leaders elected to office, gaining notable success in the polls, or coming to power (or threatening to) by other means based on pure vapid, empty, populist, irrational, unrealistic solution- and fear- and other gut emotional-based messages, vitriolic attacks on their opponents with vague alternative solutions, and appeal to mass mob mentality all at one time in the world since the '20's to 40's.

I'm sorry but if you voted for Pope Francis to be President over Donald Trump you're only doing it because of an obvious implicit bias towards the President. If you think that Pope Francis could handle foreign affairs, Congress, and executing national laws then you are grossly biased towards someone who slightly matches your ideology but would be a horrible leader for our country over someone who can actually govern but you dislike. I can understand voting for any of the others (except Kim, Xi, Putin, and Assad, obviously) but if you'd rather have a theocratic President (that's basically what he is) over an actual President you're making a decision that's bad for the country for the sole purpose of not liking Trump. Ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

The fact that Donald Trump was actually elected U.S. President in the first place is a symptom of just how sickened and bleak, yet naïve and sensationalism, much of modern society and people have become. But he's not the only such symptom out there. The world has not seen more leaders elected to office, gaining notable success in the polls, or coming to power (or threatening to) by other means based on pure vapid, empty, populist, irrational, unrealistic solution- and fear- and other gut emotional-based messages, vitriolic attacks on their opponents with vague alternative solutions, and appeal to mass mob mentality all at one time in the world since the '20's to 40's.

That's what they said when MLK, Malcolm X, and Gahndi were doing their things. Throughout history, many people show up to speak for those who won't speak for themselves "the silent majority". Trump is in no way different from these people as his Presidency has spawned new waves of activism (both for and against him)

24 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

That's what they said when MLK, Malcolm X, and Gahndi were doing their things. Throughout history, many people show up to speak for those who won't speak for themselves "the silent majority". Trump is in no way different from these people as his Presidency has spawned new waves of activism (both for and against him)

I'm not nearly so convinced of the "benevolence and greater vision" that you and others ascribe to Trump. I believe he just entered the 2015 Republican Primaries as a publicity stunt and to distract from issues rising at time with his various business interests, and didn't at all seriously expect to. When he got far more traction with pure showmanship than he personally expected, and was even surprised by himself, I believe his monumental pride and ego would not let him back out. His strange, irrational, and flip-flopping handling of policy and governance, and his seemingly arbitrary and shifting executive appointments, and his roundabout way of talking all the time further convince me of this. John Boehner, a good friend of his, believes this too, and said Trump told him this (the pure PR stunt run) was the plan over a game of golf in 2014, and that he had promised Melania she would never have to live in the White House.

16 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Also, I just noticed that you actually lumped a vitriolic, hateful, militant, racist, violence-seeking, genocide-promoting man like Malcom X in the same company as MLK and Gandhi. Is this just done reflexively nowadays by default?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Also, I just noticed that you actually lumped a vitriolic, hateful, militant, racist, violence-seeking, genocide-promoting man like Malcom X in the same company as MLK and Gandhi. Is this just done reflexively nowadays by default?

He was alright. I did a report on him. Obviously, I don't like him or his views but I still consider him an activist.

15 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

He was alright. I did a report on him. Obviously, I don't like him or his views but I still consider him an activist.

*nor

Effective:-Merkel

-Trudeau

-Putin

-Pope

-Netanyahu

Would like to see as POTUS:-Merkell

-  Trudeau

-Macron

-Pope

Obama vs Trump:-Obama by far.

3 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Well, to be technical, David Duke is an "activist' by the generic usage of the word...

Well, let me see!

• Merkel - gets in the way of the Social Democrats.
  • Trudeau... eh, haven't heard much about him, but...
  • Macron - Pound Shop Thatcher.
  • May won't last out the month.
  • Putin has everybody wrapped around his fingers
  • Pope Francis... well, he's the Pope...
  • Jinping... alright, I guess?
  • KJU - the less said, the better
  • Netanyahu - Who?!?
  • Assad - would YOU trust a man who has chemical weapons?

I mean, they're all bad, but Trudeau seems the least worst to me.

12 minutes ago, Wiw said:

You should rephrase that as a man whose allegedly USED chemical weapons recently. Most nations with any notable size and military budget no doubt has them in stock, at least...

5 hours ago, Wiw said:

Well, let me see!

• Merkel - gets in the way of the Social Democrats.
  • Trudeau... eh, haven't heard much about him, but...
  • Macron - Pound Shop Thatcher.
  • May won't last out the month.
  • Putin has everybody wrapped around his fingers
  • Pope Francis... well, he's the Pope...
  • Jinping... alright, I guess?
  • KJU - the less said, the better
  • Netanyahu - Who?!?

I mean, they're all bad, but Trudeau seems the least worst to me.

Did you really just compare Macron with Thatcher?