270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rodja

I am Your President

It looks a little like the thing I was trying to make, except based a little bit more on conversations and the social aspect. Looks like it could be a fun game to pick up for a bit. Thanks for sharing.

9 hours ago, Rodja said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/844980/I_am_Your_President/

Saw this on Steam,seems pretty cool to me.Anyone knows more about the game?

It looks rushed to me. It might be fun for one playthrough. If I had the computer skills, I'd probably make a much better game. 

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

It looks rushed to me. It might be fun for one playthrough. If I had the computer skills, I'd probably make a much better game. 

Not just the computer skills, but you need dedication too. I get bored really fast lmao.

But yeah, I could see myself getting this if it has a good price point.

10 hours ago, Rodja said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/844980/I_am_Your_President/

Saw this on Steam,seems pretty cool to me.Anyone knows more about the game?

31 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

It looks a little like the thing I was trying to make, except based a little bit more on conversations and the social aspect. Looks like it could be a fun game to pick up for a bit. Thanks for sharing.

28 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I want to play "This is Your Tyrant Speaking." That would be a fun game concept.

9 hours ago, Patine said:

I want to play "This is Your Tyrant Speaking." That would be a fun game concept.

Well,if Orangeface wins in 2020 that would be POTUS simulation.

21 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Well,if Orangeface wins in 2020 that would be POTUS simulation.

The thing is, I'd want a better character than Trump to play...

The pictures make it seem like you have to be a Republican. Can you fire Tillerson and Pence? 

3 hours ago, Patine said:

Why not play "Crusader Kings 2"? LOL

16 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The pictures make it seem like you have to be a Republican. Can you fire Tillerson and Pence? 

Be interesting to be any party, and choose your cabinet. Each potential candidate has their own stats. Plus I feel it'd be cool if your actions determine how the midterms go- in that how big of wave the opposing party will have.

1 hour ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Why not play "Crusader Kings 2"? LOL

A Medieval Monarch may indeed  be quite autocratic by nature (but, many had their power limited at various times by the machinations of the Church or of those of the barons and other noble landed lords within their own borders - some Medieval Monarchs were cripplingly limited by such factors), they are VERY different in how their regimes work and were managed than a modern dictator.

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

Prob bc the Republicans own the White House IRL. I doubt it but I'd assume it would let you take left wing stances on issues.

15 hours ago, vcczar said:

You dont have to be a Republican,you can implement centrist and left policies as well.For Tillerson and Pence they dont have their RL names in game but are rather Secretary of State and VP,and they dont hold their RL stances if you dont want them to.

9 hours ago, Rodja said:

You dont have to be a Republican,you can implement centrist and left policies as well.For Tillerson and Pence they dont have their RL names in game but are rather Secretary of State and VP,and they dont hold their RL stances if you dont want them to.

I don't even want to see them. 

10 hours ago, vcczar said:

Ahahah.Me neither but would make that sacrifice if the game quality is good.

16 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Prob bc the Republicans own the White House IRL. I doubt it but I'd assume it would let you take left wing stances on issues.

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

4 hours ago, Rodja said:

Ahahah.Me neither but would make that sacrifice if the game quality is good.

I agree here, and with more than just in this game. I'm suffering, not hatred, not paranoia, not outrage, but, for lack of a better term - "Trump fatigue."

Maybe it'll let you swap them out for something else. Anyway, I might pick it up if it's any good.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

I agree here, and with more than just in this game. I'm suffering, not hatred, not paranoia, not outrage, but, for lack of a better term - "Trump fatigue."

Regardless of yours or my own opinion of him, I don't really believe in "Trump fatigue". A lot of these comedy shows would have run out of material, and this forum probably wouldn't be as active with a generic President. If anything, your disdain for the President is antithetical to "Trump fatigue", which I interpret as being apathetic to the President.

33 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Regardless of yours or my own opinion of him, I don't really believe in "Trump fatigue". A lot of these comedy shows would have run out of material, and this forum probably wouldn't be as active with a generic President. If anything, your disdain for the President is antithetical to "Trump fatigue", which I interpret as being apathetic to the President.

You're less than half my age, and you were born in the 21st Century. I doubt you seriously suffer, understand, or even empathize with the idea of someone or something who is so thoroughly overexposed, in your face, everywhere, taken from every angle, and beaten to death like the proverbial dead horse. To you, and your generation, that's just normal, par for the course, and taken for granted for everyone and everything that's "in the zeitgeist and relevant." I don't honestly believe you understand the "fatigue" I'm referring to at all.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

You're less than half my age, and you were born in the 21st Century. I doubt you seriously suffer, understand, or even empathize with the idea of someone or something who is so thoroughly overexposed, in your face, everywhere, taken from every angle, and beaten to death like the proverbial dead horse. To you, and your generation, that's just normal, par for the course, and taken for granted for everyone and everything that's "in the zeitgeist and relevant." I don't honestly believe you understand the "fatigue" I'm referring to at all.

@Reagan04 come check this out

7 hours ago, Patine said:

Luckily, I do!