Jump to content
270soft Forum
jdm06ltd

2008 Scenario (Continues from 2008)

Recommended Posts

Hey guys so this is a 2008 scenario from @vcczar (special thank you for making the scenario)

 

Story

2001-2007 saw a great financial boom, President Pataki cut taxes and balanced the budget every year he has been president. But this came at a cost, the war on terror has exploded the deficit. As a Social liberal Pataki made Same Sex Marriage legal, as well as increased the funding for abortion clinics a bargaining chip he traded masterfully for spending cuts and border security. While many on the left respect Pataki for his more left wing stance on social issues and harsher gun control measures, they still were not happy about the "dire" economic state of the country. 

 

Conservatives, equally infuriated with the deficit and also the disgraceful social state of the country praise Pataki for 2 things, his tighter measures at the boarder and the way he masterfully has handled the war on terror. Hoping to right Orin Hatch's convention failure conservatives rally behind ultra conservative Secretary of state Dick Cheney, Representatives Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter were also fast rising stars within the party. 

Since Christine Todd Whitman declined to run and refused to endorse before candidates were finalized. 

 

In the Democratic party, rising star Senator Barack Obama and Senator Hillary Clinton, were less vocal critics of Pataki taking victories on social issues and stricter gun laws as victories. 

 

Progressive Senator Bernie Sanders who ran in 2000, acknowledged the victories on social issues and praised Pataki for that, but he slammed him visciously on his failures on healthcare and dealing with the tuition crisis college students were dealing with. 

 

Senator John Mccain, Businessman Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush are also rumored to run for President. 

 

 

That is the story I will post candidates tomorow. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 1 2007

Ron Paul and Mike Gravel announce their bid for the the presidency of the United states both slamming Pataki. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 17 2007

Bernie Sanders announces bid for the white house. 

"Our biggest problem is the greedy billionaires, they dont pay you enough, they dont give you healthcare when you work for them, and most companies dont provide education. The top 1/10 of 1% control 98% of the wealth in this country, its time that we start taking care of our people whom can't take care of themselves because of their economic situation. If you send me to the whitehouse we wilk minimize the economic gap that President Pataki has widened. Now make no mistake, I consider our president a friend, what he has done for the women of this country, and the LGBT community, is commendable but in doing so he has left us in a grave economic state, and that is why I have decided to run for President of the United States of America."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 19th 2018

 

Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo announce their candidacy together on the sunday night news with Chris Wallace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May 5 2007

John Mccain confirms presidential run

 

May 6 2007

Hillary Clinton announces presidential bid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jdm06ltd said:

2008 Scenario (Continues from 2008)

I think you mean 2000. Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jdm06ltd said:

May 5 2007

John Mccain confirms presidential run

 

May 6 2007

Hillary Clinton announces presidential bid

I'm wondering (and somewhat dreading) if the Dark Count, Master Plunderer of Nations, Initiator of Torturers, and (in this timeline) the chief diplomat, will actually attempt a run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, POLITICALBOMB said:

I think you mean 2000. Right?

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May 7, 2007

Bill Frist and Fred Thompson announce in Nashville. 

 

Sen Barack Obama Announces bid in Chicago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May 7, 2007

May 8th

Rudi Giuliani announces bif for Presidency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May 10

Dick Cheney announced Bid for White House

 

John Kerry, Chris Dodd and Al Gore all announce presidential bid on the Democratic side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

May 15

Sarah Palin announces Presidential Bid from Anchorage. 

"Our president is the Most liberal Republican to ever hold office, I wad behind Orin Hatch in 2000, and this year I will sit around let another liberal walk all over our core values, or let your second amendment rights be torn Asunder. I'm Sarah Palin, and I am running for President of the United States."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CANDIDATES

Democrats

Patrick Kennedy

Bernie Sanders

Al Gore

Al Sharpton

Russ Feingold

Tom Vilsack

Mike Gravel

Evan Bayh

Wesley Clark

John kerry

Mark Warner

Joe Biden

Chris Dodd

Dennis Kucinich

Bill RIchardson

John Edwards

Hillary Clinton

Barack Obama

 

REPUBLICANS

John McCain

Rudi Giuliani

Mitt Romney

Ron Paul

Mike Huckabee

Fred Thompson

Duncan Hunter

Bill Frist

Dick Cheney

Tom Tancredo

Sarah Palin

Jeb Bush

 

Libertarian

Bob Barr

 

Independent 

Ralph Nader

 

 

I will be posting SOME Endorsements for this Campaign, wont have time to post them all as I added too many.

 

Also I have decided that VP Whitman will endorse in the primaries but President Pataki will withhold his endorsment until the generals and endorse the nominee. 

 

I also gave Orrin Hatch Money and Endorsement power since he did win the Primaries before the convention screwed things up. the person he endorses gets 2.5M and =1 momentum Nationwide and +2 in utah 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

endorsments

Mccain

Lindsey Graham

Mark Sanford

Janet Napolitano

John Kyl

Romney

Gregg Judd

John Sununu

John Ensign

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Huckabee

David Duke

Thad Cochran

Roger Wicker

Ron Paul

Des Moines Register

Tom Tancredo

Bob Dole

Focus on the Family

Wayne Allard

Dick Cheney

Chuck Grassley

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

endorsments

 

Trump Endorsed Tom Tancredo

VP Whitman Endorses Tom Tancredo

Orrin Hatch Endorses Dick Cheney

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, jdm06ltd said:

endorsments

Mccain

Lindsey Graham

Mark Sanford

Janet Napolitano

John Kyl

Romney

Gregg Judd

John Sununu

John Ensign

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Huckabee

David Duke

Thad Cochran

Roger Wicker

Ron Paul

Des Moines Register

Tom Tancredo

Bob Dole

Focus on the Family

Wayne Allard

Dick Cheney

Chuck Grassley

 

 

Ugh, David Duke! If Huckabee was a REAL Christian, he'd refute such a vile endorsement. I bet I won't though, here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

Ugh, David Duke! If Huckabee was a REAL Christian, he'd refute such a vile endorsement. I bet I won't though, here.

You get an endorsment you take the endorsment. Doesnt mean you use the surrogate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdm06ltd said:

You get an endorsment you take the endorsment. Doesnt mean you use the surrogate

In a TheorySpark game, you're probably right. In RL, more candidates should refute toxic endorsers though, like Trump should have refuted Duke, and Clinton should have refuted Kissinger, in 2016, as good examples, wouldn't you agree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Patine said:

In a TheorySpark game, you're probably right. In RL, more candidates should refute toxic endorsers though, like Trump should have refuted Duke, and Clinton should have refuted Kissinger, in 2016, as good examples, wouldn't you agree?

Yes and no. You need their support to win. As an endorser that controls votes in Allegheny county and Beaver in PA, I am a huge endorser in state level politics, my endorsment gets 10,000 votes and potential for $75,000 in fundraising, now all of this requires cooperation from the campaign for my endorsment to be effective. That is what a campaign can do....rather than refute it let the people work for you in their own circles just not officially with cooperation of the campaign. 

 

I am not well respected because I run my mouth a lot and a lot of campaigns dont cooperate I just go to an opponent on the right that will work with me. 

 

An example of this is the 2016 PA State House Races in North Allegheny, most of the establishment refused my endorsments, and I knocked 2 of them out by helping primary challengers....am I the sole driver behind that....no.....but being an endorser I can tell you when the campaign doesn't actively cooperate its just as good as refuting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jdm06ltd said:

Yes and no. You need their support to win. As an endorser that controls votes in Allegheny county and Beaver in PA, I am a huge endorser in state level politics, my endorsment gets 10,000 votes and potential for $75,000 in fundraising, now all of this requires cooperation from the campaign for my endorsment to be effective. That is what a campaign can do....rather than refute it let the people work for you in their own circles just not officially with cooperation of the campaign. 

 

I am not well respected because I run my mouth a lot and a lot of campaigns dont cooperate I just go to an opponent on the right that will work with me. 

 

An example of this is the 2016 PA State House Races in North Allegheny, most of the establishment refused my endorsments, and I knocked 2 of them out by helping primary challengers....am I the sole driver behind that....no.....but being an endorser I can tell you when the campaign doesn't actively cooperate its just as good as refuting. 

Well, some freely-commenting local from North Allegheny is a bit different than the former leader of one of the most notorious hate-based organizations born in the United States and a sociopathic, unindicted war criminal and criminal against humanity (Duke and Kissinger, respectively), but one given one endorsed one major and one endorsed another of the two major party candidates, it causes a problem for most Americans (which is another reason, among quite a few others, I was saying the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election, by the GE, was nothing but a contest between two absolute evil, corrupt, deceitful, and vile candidates that was a cheated election for the United States and the American people as a whole, and SHOULD have been a rallying cry for electoral reform and a change in political culture (it wasn't so to nearly as significant a degree, which makes me wonder if many Americans like being screwed over, lied to, and failed again and again by their two only viable parties that rig all the elections and stack the decks to prevent serious challenge and then smugly and complacently sit while the American voters, over all that abuse and disappointment, crawl back to one or the other party, for the most part, at the ballot box again), and I was saying this since the nominations for both major parties became apparent in advance of the party conventions in 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill Frist Suspends Campaign

 

Stats:

Money Raised 1.6 M

Money Spent $6M

Cash on hand .6M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the promise of a cabinet position in a Mike Huckabee Cabinet, Fred Thompson has withdrawn to endorse Mike Huckabee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

For the promise of a cabinet position in a Mike Huckabee Cabinet, Fred Thompson has withdrawn to endorse Mike Huckabee. 

A Mike Huckabee Cabinet? How frightening!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×