270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

Political compass results

Turns out I came a fair bit more libertarian than I expected

personalised chart

I'm always right in the middle of the Green. Most of my friends are even lower and to the left in the green. I have never seen anyone get red or even blue. Everyone seems to get Green or Purple. What's interesting is this test places both the Republicans and Democrats, as well as most major parties anywhere, in the Blue. It seems to suggest that most people have very little in common with the ideals of the establishment. 

13 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm always right in the middle of the Green. Most of my friends are even lower and to the left in the green. I have never seen anyone get red or even blue. Everyone seems to get Green or Purple. What's interesting is this test places both the Republicans and Democrats, as well as most major parties anywhere, in the Blue. It seems to suggest that most people have very little in common with the ideals of the establishment. 

Well this forum also tends to be more well-read than most.

I've never been a fan of this test because the questions can be confusing/open ended

1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

I've never been a fan of this test because the questions can be confusing/open ended

And it definitely has a left libertarian bias

chart?ec=-4.55&soc=1.25

I took the test. I don't like how being socially authoritarian (I believe women's first priorities should be as mothers and caretakers, being religious, believing that children need discipline, and certain people shouldn't reproduce) should make me more politically authoritarian, and are another example of how this chart leans left-libertarian.

politicalchart.png

2 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I took the test. I don't like how being socially authoritarian (I believe women's first priorities should be as mothers and caretakers, being religious, believing that children need discipline, and certain people shouldn't reproduce) should make me more politically authoritarian, and are another example of how this chart leans left-libertarian.

politicalchart.png

Because telling people how to run their families' and professional and economic lives based on their gender and sexual orientation and your specific view of family values, regardless of anyone else's or social evolution in that area, can lead to government overreach and interference in constituents' lives not in line with the libertarian side of the equation, is what I'd imagine.

14 minutes ago, Patine said:

Because telling people how to run their families' and professional and economic lives based on their gender and sexual orientation and your specific view of family values, regardless of anyone else's or social evolution in that area, can lead to government overreach and interference in constituents' lives not in line with the libertarian side of the equation, is what I'd imagine.

Except it asked what I believe SOCIALLY, not POLITICALLY. While I do believe that being a mother is a woman's first option, I do respect women who run and own businesses and stuff, and politically, I believe that they have every right to do so.

Additionally, I said nothing of sexual orientation and put strongly agree when asked if a same-sex couple should be allowed to raise a family. (However if the question were changed to if that family would be as stable as a man-woman family, I would have put disagree)

Just an observation I put on the test because as for many people the difference between a person's recommendations can be extremely different than whether or not they see it as a right or not. (Another example being that I believe that prostitution is immoral, but I definitely think it should be 100% legal)

Also, a much better quiz that I would recommend would be isidewith.com, which, in my opinion, is the most neutral and unbiased (and most professional and aesthetically pleasing) of all of the ideology tests (though this one tests party affiliation, but has a lot of ideological themes at the bottom, such as big vs small government, right vs left, militarism vs pacifism etc.) You can even compare results with another person side by side.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

(However if the question were changed to if that family would be as stable as a man-woman family, I would have put disagree)

Ah, I see you've been gotten by a bad stereotype here. A same sex couple is no more likely to be subject to marital/long-term committed couple problems, instabilities, and pitfalls, statistically than straight couples.

Just now, Patine said:

Ah, I see you've been gotten by a bad stereotype here. A same sex couple is no more likely to be subject to marital/long-term committed couple problems, instabilities, and pitfalls, statistically than straight couples.

Honestly, given how recent it has been legalized, I would say anyone that says that it is better or worse is saying that based on what they personally believe than actual data. I'm just saying that because of how damaging single-mother and single-father children can be, and I'm just not sure it'd be better if you just added another same-gender parent. (especially when you see daughters of single-mother households)

Also, a much better quiz that I would recommend would be isidewith.com, which, in my opinion, is the most neutral and unbiased (and most professional and aesthetically pleasing) of all of the ideology tests (though this one tests party affiliation, but has a lot of ideological themes at the bottom, such as big vs small government, right vs left, militarism vs pacifism etc.) You can even compare results with another person side by side.

But isidewith.com specifically compares your viewpoints with currently prominent U.S. politicians in the current zeitgeist, which I find an offputting way of arranging their results. Not that I find that four-colour above better. Hence, why I've posted results by neither.

Honestly, given how recent it has been legalized, I would say anyone that says that it is better or worse is saying that based on what they personally believe than actual data. I'm just saying that because of how damaging single-mother and single-father children can be, and I'm just not sure it'd be better if you just added another same-gender parent. (especially when you see daughters of single-mother households)

Note that "long-term committed couple" was listed alongside "marital", and there is a much longer database of the former to draw upon.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

And the arguments you've given are all based on external stigma alone, not anything to do with the couple or family internally, inherently.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

But isidewith.com specifically compares your viewpoints with currently prominent U.S. politicians in the current zeitgeist, which I find an offputting way of arranging their results. Not that I find that four-colour above better. Hence, why I've posted results by neither.

Yeah, but if you go to results you can see party as well. But my favorite part is the dozens of themes.

You wanna compare results? If you have the time I'll retake the test now and we can compare.

isidewith themes.png

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Yeah, but if you go to results you can see party as well. But my favorite part is the dozens of themes.

You wanna compare results? If you have the time I'll retake the test now and we can compare.

isidewith themes.png

Judging by my avatar picture and some of my vitriolic posts, how eager do you think I am to be rated as N% Republican and N% Democrat in my outlook?

Just now, Patine said:

Judging by my avatar picture and some of my vitriolic posts, how eager do you think I am to be rated as N% Republican and N% Democrat in my outlook?

I've already said that this tests much, much more than party and candidates (although it does test state and local candidates as well). I thought you would perhaps be interested in the ideological themes that you can fall into.

Besides, think about it as a test to see how much you DISAGREE with them instead, lol.

Besides, it tests seven different parties instead of the two binary options.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I includes third parties and a large number of candidates.  Plus, it also puts you on a scale (grading how libertarian/authoritarian and liberal/conservative you are).  And, you can also look at how you compare to parties and candidates around the world.  It's by far the best evaluation system out there right now since it asks about real issues to determine that.

18 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I includes third parties and a large number of candidates.  Plus, it also puts you on a scale (grading how libertarian/authoritarian and liberal/conservative you are).  And, you can also look at how you compare to parties and candidates around the world.  It's by far the best evaluation system out there right now since it asks about real issues to determine that.

Yeah. @Patine , you can look at my results as an example of what your final outcome would look like.