270soft Forum

Played as Fremont with Lincoln as my VP against Pierce/Buchanan and Fillmore/Donelson and got a very interesting result, with the Liberty party performing best in the deep south.

results.csv

56.PNG.b5720db856312ac90994c1d15a86a987.PNG

15 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Played as Fremont with Lincoln as my VP against Pierce/Buchanan and Fillmore/Donelson and got a very interesting result, with the Liberty party performing best in the deep south.

results.csv

Given that Fremont was a hard radical and much more uncompromising on abolition than Lincoln, and Smith agreed with much of Fremont's platform, but wasn't nearly as militant, and the Democrats hadn't splintered, and Fillmore and his party would be wild card, that situation would likely be a REAL mess, even compared to the fallout of 1860.

On 6/25/2018 at 5:45 PM, WVProgressive said:

results.csv

How'd you win SC?

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

How'd you win SC?

That one is a REALLY good question, because in 1856, South Carolina's EV's were still decided by a (hard Southern Democratic almost, if not complete, total membership) State Legislature, not popular vote - the last U.S. State to have such.

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

How'd you win SC?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

That one is a REALLY good question, because in 1856, South Carolina's EV's were still decided by a (hard Southern Democratic almost, if not complete, total membership) State Legislature, not popular vote - the last U.S. State to have such.

I just put my name on the ballot. 

7 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

I just put my name on the ballot. 

Lol, that should be patched actually, SC didn't have ballots.

9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Lol, that should be patched actually, SC didn't have ballots.

Well, they de facto had 86 of them, that were only distributed to those who held an elected seat in the State Capitol, but yes, it should definitely be fixed.