Jump to content
270soft Forum

Recommended Posts

Played as Fremont with Lincoln as my VP against Pierce/Buchanan and Fillmore/Donelson and got a very interesting result, with the Liberty party performing best in the deep south.

results.csv

56.PNG.b5720db856312ac90994c1d15a86a987.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Played as Fremont with Lincoln as my VP against Pierce/Buchanan and Fillmore/Donelson and got a very interesting result, with the Liberty party performing best in the deep south.

results.csv

56.PNG.b5720db856312ac90994c1d15a86a987.PNG

Given that Fremont was a hard radical and much more uncompromising on abolition than Lincoln, and Smith agreed with much of Fremont's platform, but wasn't nearly as militant, and the Democrats hadn't splintered, and Fillmore and his party would be wild card, that situation would likely be a REAL mess, even compared to the fallout of 1860.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 5:45 PM, WVProgressive said:

Played as Fremont with Lincoln as my VP against Pierce/Buchanan and Fillmore/Donelson and got a very interesting result, with the Liberty party performing best in the deep south.

results.csv

56.PNG.b5720db856312ac90994c1d15a86a987.PNG

How'd you win SC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

How'd you win SC?

That one is a REALLY good question, because in 1856, South Carolina's EV's were still decided by a (hard Southern Democratic almost, if not complete, total membership) State Legislature, not popular vote - the last U.S. State to have such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

How'd you win SC?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

That one is a REALLY good question, because in 1856, South Carolina's EV's were still decided by a (hard Southern Democratic almost, if not complete, total membership) State Legislature, not popular vote - the last U.S. State to have such.

I just put my name on the ballot. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

I just put my name on the ballot. 

 

Lol, that should be patched actually, SC didn't have ballots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Lol, that should be patched actually, SC didn't have ballots.

Well, they de facto had 86 of them, that were only distributed to those who held an elected seat in the State Capitol, but yes, it should definitely be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×