270soft Forum
NYrepublican

No convention activating

@admin_270

The "convention" for the NY-14 scenario never happens for some reason despite there being no reason for it not to.All the dates are matched up OK

massive_glitch.PNG.d15b2e86d87897986557426a08b8314a.PNG

@Patine Would you know how to solve this?

18 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine Would you know how to solve this?

I would need to see the whole scenario, not just that screenshot. But I won't have time the next few nights to have a detailed at him, I'm afraid. My girlfriend's in the hospital.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I would need to see the whole scenario, not just that screenshot. But I won't have time the next few nights to have a detailed at him, I'm afraid. My girlfriend's in the hospital.

I hope she recovers quickly.

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I hope she recovers quickly.

It's not a physical injury or illness. She's in a psychiatric hospital from voluntary admission due to a nervous breakdown and recurrence of old psychiatric issues. Those tend not to be quick to fully recover from, unless she gets lucky and they find a medication in early treatment that stabilizes her quickly.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

It's not a physical injury or illness. She's in a psychiatric hospital from voluntary admission due to a nervous breakdown and recurrence of old psychiatric issues. Those tend not to be quick to fully recover from, unless she gets lucky and they find a medication in early treatment that stabilizes her quickly.

Well nonetheless I hope she recovers from her nervous breakdown and other issues quickly even if it's praying for a miracle.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Well nonetheless I hope she recovers from her nervous breakdown and other issues quickly even if it's praying for a miracle.

Thank-you!

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Noted - I'll take a look at this, probably within a week.

Also, after leaving the game and sometimes going into it it throws up errors I have to hold enter to brute-force out of.

On 6/27/2018 at 7:44 PM, NYrepublican said:

Also, after leaving the game and sometimes going into it it throws up errors I have to hold enter to brute-force out of.

Me to! @admin_270

21 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@NYrepublican

Where can I download this campaign?

here you go

ny-14.zip

Thanks for analyzing the campaign

The reason the Dem convention isn't activating, is because the general election is set to start before the convention ends.

Set the general election start date to July 2nd or later.

Note that direct pop. vote is not intended for use in primaries. Only use direct pop. vote if the primaries option is set to off in the Editor.

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

The reason the Dem convention isn't activating, is because the general election is set to start before the convention ends.

Note that direct pop. vote is not intended for use in primaries. Only use direct pop. vote if the primaries option is set to off in the Editor.

Also you need to add an exception handler for if negotiations for a nominee to drop out are successful after the primaries. Thanks for looking at the campaign.

10 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Anthony, how do I fix the issues of when I start withprimaries the Democrats start at 0% that is VERY unrealistic.

11 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

But this means that U.S. State Gubernatorial elections are effectively undoable, because they require (in most cases) both the popular vote and primaries system to both be activated to work properly.

13 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

The engine crashes

@Patine

Yes, primaries combined with direct pop. vote hasn't been implemented yet. The official Florida - 2018 - Senatorial is general election only. Gubernatorial elections at this point have to be general election only.

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@Patine

Yes, primaries combined with direct pop. vote hasn't been implemented yet. The official Florida - 2018 - Senatorial is general election only. Gubernatorial elections at this point have to be general election only.

Well, boo!

35 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

The engine crashes where?

It did now it doesn't apparently.

Please add primaries with direct popular vote

Ok, I have reviewed the code, and tested the United States - 2016 campaign with direct pop. vote on for the general election. Things seem to be fine. If this campaign isn't working properly, please let me know what the problem(s) are.

I have also removed the code to prevent turning direct pop. vote on with primaries in the Editor, which was introduced with the latest sneak-peek.