Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

My planned scenarios

Recommended Posts

In order from soonest to be done to later with reasons

NY-14 2018 - This is a very interesting battle between the establishment and Bernie wing

NY-11 2018 - There's a very interesting Republican primary here and it's a top target seat for the democrats

NY-6 2016 maybe the barely contested 2018 - This is my home district that's why

NY State Senate 2018 - After the reuniting of the IDC with the mainstream will the democrats retake the State Senate?

US House of representatives NY 2018 - The democrats are going all out this year how will the Republicans do?

Make some slight changes to Israel 1996 and reupload - had a bunch of irrelevant issues in that election there.

World presidential election(awaiting two-round) - too be based off of @Patine's Congressional scenario

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'd touched upon this when a couple of posters and a poll about poster's views on the issue previously that had the idea, but, while an elected UN General Assembly may fly, I don't think a World President is a realistic idea in our world today. I mean, realistically - name one, just, leader in the world today you think you could command, even if not a majority, but even a convincing, stable mandate of support globally. JUST ONE. I'm not trying to be mean - I just believe global socio-political logistics are STRONGLY against the idea of a singular leader. Look at how much trouble leaders of many individual countries (like American Presidents, Indian Prime Ministers, quite a few European leaders, Israeli Prime Ministers, Canadian Prime Ministers, etc., have as it is keeping a unified mandate of support in their own single countries. Try extrapolating this to global level). This is why I opted for an elected Assembly, and one without any type of parliamentary responsible government. That's my personal advice there.

As for Israel - I'd be much more interested in the Knesset elections, as the direct Prime Ministers proved to be a failed idea when the winner of the second such election (2001?) couldn't hold a workable coalition, and the direct elections were abolished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Patine said:

I think I'd touched upon this when a couple of posters and a poll about poster's views on the issue previously that had the idea, but, while an elected UN General Assembly may fly, I don't think a World President is a realistic idea in our world today. I mean, realistically - name one, just, leader in the world today you think you could command, even if not a majority, but even a convincing, stable mandate of support globally. JUST ONE. I'm not trying to be mean - I just believe global socio-political logistics are STRONGLY against the idea of a singular leader. Look at how much trouble leaders of many individual countries (like American Presidents, Indian Prime Ministers, quite a few European leaders, Israeli Prime Ministers, Canadian Prime Ministers, etc., have as it is keeping a unified mandate of support in their own single countries. Try extrapolating this to global level). This is why I opted for an elected Assembly, and one without any type of parliamentary responsible government. That's my personal advice there.

As for Israel - I'd be much more interested in the Knesset elections, as the direct Prime Ministers proved to be a failed idea when the winner of the second such election (2001?) couldn't hold a workable coalition, and the direct elections were abolished.

The only issue is it uses a PR system and is basically meaningless without negotiations so I'd have to make a seperate app for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

The only issue is it uses a PR system and is basically meaningless without negotiations so I'd have to make a seperate app for that.

There was an idea back some years ago here to use the P4E2008 (the most current Presidential game at the time) primaries system for an Israeli election. That is, to have an "Israeli Knesset Party" with each actual party being a candidate, and then a "blank" or "dummy party" to be ignored, so the game doesn't crash, and then the Convention stands in for the "election," and you just don't proceed into the GE. The guy trying this stopped posting before he finished his experiment though. It's a thought I had just remembered here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Patine said:

There was an idea back some years ago here to use the P4E2008 (the most current Presidential game at the time) primaries system for an Israeli election. That is, to have an "Israeli Knesset Party" with each actual party being a candidate, and then a "blank" or "dummy party" to be ignored, so the game doesn't crash, and then the Convention stands in for the "election," and you just don't proceed into the GE. The guy trying this stopped posting before he finished his experiment though. It's a thought I had just remembered here.

An interesting thought but national PR would be needed for that.

I might be willing to make such an app to allow for it though.

ANyway what do you think about the rest of my suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

An interesting thought but national PR would be needed for that.

I might be willing to make such an app to allow for it though.

ANyway what do you think about the rest of my suggestions?

The New York State Senate might be interesting if a lot of those colourful and varied Third Parties New York is known for are running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

The New York State Senate might be interesting if a lot of those colourful and varied Third Parties New York is known for are running.

https://ballotpedia.org/New_York_State_Senate_elections,_2018

I need to find a list of candidates. The primary's in september so it'll be awhile till this is done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I have the final NY-14 map by Assembly district

ny-14 map.bmp

This district is hideously gerrymandered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I have a 2016 Presidential election in Queens County (Trump's home county) I was working on if anyone wants me to complete that I will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Oh I have a 2016 Presidential election in Queens County (Trump's home county) I was working on if anyone wants me to complete that I will.

I thought Trump was from Manhattan (New York County).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

I thought Trump was from Manhattan (New York County).

He was born in Jamaica,Queens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

He was born in Jamaica,Queens

But wasn't he RESIDENT in Manhattan at the time of the election? I mean both George Bush's were born in Connecticut, but they were both registered as coming from, and usually viewed in public perception as being strongly associated with, Midland County, Texas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

But wasn't he RESIDENT in Manhattan at the time of the election? I mean both George Bush's were born in Connecticut, but they were both registered as coming from, and usually viewed in public perception as being strongly associated with, Midland County, Texas.

True but all Manhattan neighborhoods voted Clinton and it'd be pretty boring. Queens is more competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NYrepublican, here's what I'll say. Though, of course, like anyone on these forums, you are free to pursue any scenario you wish, I will only have a CHANCE (and that will also depend on the subject and context otherwise of your scenario idea) of offering support or interest if the election idea covers an entire election. It doesn't have for a whole nation or absolutely pivotal to history, but it has to be a whole election - not a "piece" of one (a single electoral district, a single county, state, or other region's results within a broader election, or some other such thing). That's my initial stated parameter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×