270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hestia11

How to begin creating a campaign

I've never actually made a 270 scenario, and I was hoping to make one for either the upcoming Turkish elections or the past German election in 2017. Does anyone have plans for those or does someone have a good system they can help me understand? Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I've never actually made a 270 scenario, and I was hoping to make one for either the upcoming Turkish elections or the past German election in 2017. Does anyone have plans for those or does someone have a good system they can help me understand? Thanks!

The 2017 German election by PI? I'm not sure how that would be managed at all. The German Chancellor is not at all elected in the manner of a President at all. Also, the recent Turkish election could easily have a problem faced by an old Russia 2012 and Uganda 2011 scenario I did quite a while ago - that is, tantamount to an undefeatable incumbent, in a realistic sense.

Just overall, it doesn't have to be PI (German one, as it is, I'd probably do PMI or CI). Turkish, I agree to disagree, the polls seem to be tightening, as Ince attempts a comeback recently, with Erdogan only polling between 42-47%.

Just now, Hestia11 said:

Just overall, it doesn't have to be PI (German one, as it is, I'd probably do PMI or CI). Turkish, I agree to disagree, the polls seem to be tightening, as Ince attempts a comeback recently, with Erdogan only polling between 42-47%.

If you want to try the German 2017 one, I'd advise buying the old Chancellor Forever 2009 game. Last I saw, it can still be bought for the cheap somewhere on this website. It's an older game engine, but, unlike PMI or CI, it actually has an MMP electoral, not FPTP (the latter of which would HORRIBLY distort the election's results). No map exists for these games that I'm aware of for Turkey, and probably for similar reasons by a North Carolina map hasn't yet been made.

Just now, Patine said:

If you want to try the German 2017 one, I'd advise buying the old Chancellor Forever 2009 game. Last I saw, it can still be bought for the cheap somewhere on this website. It's an older game engine, but, unlike PMI or CI, it actually has an MMP electoral, not FPTP (the latter of which would HORRIBLY distort the election's results). No map exists for these games that I'm aware of for Turkey, and probably for similar reasons by a North Carolina map hasn't yet been made.

Okay, thank you for the advice. The German one was an example, as I haven't created one before so I'd prefer to stick to something easier. Is Turkey more difficult because of the amount of regions?

Just now, Hestia11 said:

Okay, thank you for the advice. The German one was an example, as I haven't created one before so I'd prefer to stick to something easier. Is Turkey more difficult because of the amount of regions?

That can create more difficulty, as quite a few elements in the game each have to be entered separately for each separate region.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

That can create more difficulty, as quite a few elements in the game each have to be entered separately for each separate region.

Alright. Is there any advice for creating a campaign as it is? I personally haven't seen a great tutorial on the website yet, but I may just not have looked close enough.

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

The 2017 German election by PI? I'm not sure how that would be managed at all. The German Chancellor is not at all elected in the manner of a President at all. Also, the recent Turkish election could easily have a problem faced by an old Russia 2012 and Uganda 2011 scenario I did quite a while ago - that is, tantamount to an undefeatable incumbent, in a realistic sense.

He has programming knowledge and can edit the app I made for his own use

Just now, Hestia11 said:

Alright. Is there any advice for creating a campaign as it is? I personally haven't seen a great tutorial on the website yet, but I may just not have looked close enough.

There is indeed advice. The problem, is scattered across hundreds, even thousands, of posts over about 14 years or so of this forum's existence - certainly not anywhere near all in one place, and a lot gets obsoleted as the games progress and develop. Most people (including me when I first joined these forums in 2017) end up posting individual questions, and attempting as much through trial and error as possible.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

There is indeed advice. The problem, is scattered across hundreds, even thousands, of posts over about 14 years or so of this forum's existence - certainly not anywhere near all in one place, and a lot gets obsoleted as the games progress and develop. Most people (including me when I first joined these forums in 2017) end up posting individual questions, and attempting as much through trial and error as possible.

Okay, thanks, I'll definitely keep a watch out for everything.