270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Historical Scenario Commission Update

Just an update. Starting next week, I'll be continuing to update endorsers (Almost done with 1856). However, I won't be moving to the rest of the updating (outside of endorsers) until Anthony releases favorabiity. When that is released, I will go back to 1788 and apply favorability to the historical scenarios and work my way to 2020. 

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Just an update. Starting next week, I'll be continuing to update endorsers (Almost done with 1856). However, I won't be moving to the rest of the updating (outside of endorsers) until Anthony releases favorabiity. When that is released, I will go back to 1788 and apply favorability to the historical scenarios and work my way to 2020. 

Did you remember to add Brooks to 1856?

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

And I'm still looking, on and off, for those four party logos I mentioned earlier.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Did you remember to add Brooks to 1856?

Not yet. Still just on the endorser phase. I'll add new candidates when favorability comes out. 

Very cool, thank you for your hard work.

Has Anthony given some idea of what favorability is going to be like? I'm guessing it's going to be a 0-100 score (like in the relations tab, though I think those go negative?), wherein the candidate gets that percentage of support (in terms of delegates and voters) after suspending his/her campaign? Sounds like it would be difficult to determine for candidates (though I guess personal warmness/enmity and platform distance might figure in).

EDIT: Just checked the blog:

1. Favorability (each voter has a numeric value rating each candidate, important for modeling > 2 candidate election dynamics or systems where candidates withdraw, such as primaries or two-round runoff systems such as France’s)

makes sense.