270soft Forum
NYrepublican

Trump North Korea Talks

so he's agreed to stop joint military excercises.

7 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

For these kinds of talks to be at all productive, both sides must be willing to yield and cede on things. That's the reason the Israel-Palestine issue has been tantamount to unresolvable of late, because the most powerful groups in both sides want complete capitulation of the other sides while conceding nothing themselves, an attitude that is utterly unproductive and has no good end point.

8 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Who has?

47 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Talks between two egomaniacal authoritharians with nukes. 

Nixon-Brezhnev Summits?

9 hours ago, Patine said:

Nixon-Brezhnev Summits?

I would even go as far to say that Trump and Kim are worse than Nixon and Brezhnev because Tricky Dick was a crook but not a traitor and Brezhnev would never go as far as frying the planet Earth like Kim would.

1 hour ago, Rodja said:

I would even go as far to say that Trump and Kim are worse than Nixon and Brezhnev because Tricky Dick was a crook but not a traitor and Brezhnev would never go as far as frying the planet Earth like Kim would.

1 hour ago, Wiw said:

You'd think he'd have done so already!

I don't think Kim would do so either. He isn't insane, he is an egotistical authoritarian as someone had said earlier. He won't hit that button first because he knows that means the end of his power. And there has been no evidence of Trump being a traitor so get out of town on that one.

1 hour ago, Wiw said:

You'd think he'd have done so already!

North Korea doesn't have any reliable delivery systems.  They've consistently had serious guidance problems with their missiles and despite the news reports do not actually have ICBMs.  The only bombers they have are ancient Harbin H-5s.  They might be able to get a nuke to South Korea within shouting distance of the target.  They could theoretically get bombers to Japan if no one made an effort to stop them.  They've never been a threat to the US.

9 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

And there has been no evidence of Trump being a traitor so get out of town on that one.

Mueller probe?Indictments?Collusion?

2 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Mueller probe?Indictments?Collusion?

Correct, absolutely nothing substantive found by Mueller. It is funny how quickly this has been exposed as a baseless witch hunt.

Prob the best thing any President has done regarding North Korea in history.

9 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Prob the best thing any President has done regarding North Korea in history.

In theory,i have been for a summit like this from 2006,but the way dotard realized it with treating Kim like his friend and even saluting North Korean general will bring nothing good.

8 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Correct, absolutely nothing substantive found by Mueller. It is funny how quickly this has been exposed as a baseless witch hunt.

He's found plenty on Trump's associates and others. He also isn't finished yet. I'm not one of those people that think there's 100% chance that Mueller will bring Trump down, but I think it's definitely 50/50. I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller, etc. are operating something of a witchhunt or miscalculated, but I'd also wouldn't be surprised if they uncover that Trump is the highest profile American traitor since Benedict Arnold, or at the very least, something of a Nixon. It definitely isn't baseless. We do know that Russia was trying to get Trump elected at the expense of Clinton. We do know that Trump's campaign and businesses interacted with Russians. That would be enough to warrant an investigation of any politician. If it makes conservatives feel better, we can investigate Clinton with equal energy to see if anything was involved on her end. I say this even though my cousin was her campaign manager. Let Mueller continue. He will either find something or he will not, but the more Trump interferes with it, the more he's more likely going to get it to drag on through 2018 and 2020. He should want it to wrap up quickly. Any time he attacks it, it makes him appear more guilty. I'm not saying that he is, but it is the standard behavior of a guilty person; although, there can be exceptions. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

He's found plenty on Trump's associates and others. He also isn't finished yet. I'm not one of those people that think there's 100% chance that Mueller will bring Trump down, but I think it's definitely 50/50. I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller, etc. are operating something of a witchhunt or miscalculated, but I'd also wouldn't be surprised if they uncover that Trump is the highest profile American traitor since Benedict Arnold, or at the very least, something of a Nixon. It definitely isn't baseless. We do know that Russia was trying to get Trump elected at the expense of Clinton. We do know that Trump's campaign and businesses interacted with Russians. That would be enough to warrant an investigation of any politician. If it makes conservatives feel better, we can investigate Clinton with equal energy to see if anything was involved on her end. I say this even though my cousin was her campaign manager. Let Mueller continue. He will either find something or he will not, but the more Trump interferes with it, the more he's more likely going to get it to drag on through 2018 and 2020. He should want it to wrap up quickly. Any time he attacks it, it makes him appear more guilty. I'm not saying that he is, but it is the standard behavior of a guilty person; although, there can be exceptions. 

Trump really needs to just sit down and shut up about the Mueller investigation.

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Trump really needs to just sit down and shut up about the Mueller investigation.

That's true. I want him to sit down with Mueller and get it over with, for better or for worse for him. 

8 hours ago, Rodja said:

In theory,i have been for a summit like this from 2006,but the way dotard realized it with treating Kim like his friend and even saluting North Korean general will bring nothing good.

What would you rather have him do, come out and make brash demands that have no possibility of being agreed on like what John Bolton wants?

2 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

What would you rather have him do, come out and make brash demands that have no possibility of being agreed on like what John Bolton wants?

Right now the thing I dislike is how little cooperation we seem to have with our allies. We should be in lockstep with South Korea, not pretending as if their concerns aren't valid.

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

Right now the thing I dislike is how little cooperation we seem to have with our allies. We should be in lockstep with South Korea, not pretending as if their concerns aren't valid.

A man like Donald Trump doesn't have "allies." He has enemies, those willing to capitulate to, or fully support his agendas, whatever they may be, people who may "come around" to his point-of-view later, and people who can easily, in his viewpoint, be dismissed because they don't matter. He's not a standard resident of the White House in many different ways...

12 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

No.He should go and negotiate but with distance from honoring a brutal regime.

3 minutes ago, Rodja said:

No.He should go and negotiate but with distance from honoring a brutal regime.

I would like to point out that the salute was taken entirely out of context.

10 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I would like to point out that the salute was taken entirely out of context.

Please explain how can salute be misunderstood.

EDIT: never mind

17 hours ago, Rodja said:

Please explain how can salute be misunderstood.

So first Trump extends his hand for a handshake, then the General salutes him. (This is the reverse image of what was popularized, and could easily be used just as deceitfully.) Then the two men switch their signs of respect with the general going for the handshake and Trump returning the salute (At this point it's similar to when you are trying to get out of someone's way and you keep getting back in each other's way.) After Trump has returned the salute initiated by the General, the two men shake hands... the whole situation lasting 3-5 seconds. North Korea is a legitimate threat and player on the world stage. Trump being diplomatic showing respect for the nation is an incredibly diplomatic thing and it's awfully hypocritical for those that were up the wall so sure that he was going to start a nuclear war now begin to back up the wall with him being diplomatic with North Korea... I mean seriously? The point is that we are in uncharted waters with North Korea and Trump has gotten us here, farther than any President has ever gotten us. At this point, it appears that many (Not all, but many) on the left and certainly the large majority of Left Wing Media Personalities care more for an Agenda of Hate and Misinformation (Look at Maher, Behar, Kimmel, Bee, and basically all Major Left-Wing Networks) and would rather see America fail so that they can blame Trump and be right as opposed to America succeed as a nation and God forbid Trump take the credit.

On 6/15/2018 at 6:16 PM, Reagan04 said:

So first Trump extends his hand for a handshake, then the General salutes him. (This is the reverse image of what was popularized, and could easily be used just as deceitfully.) Then the two men switch their signs of respect with the general going for the handshake and Trump returning the salute (At this point it's similar to when you are trying to get out of someone's way and you keep getting back in each other's way.) After Trump has returned the salute initiated by the General, the two men shake hands... the whole situation lasting 3-5 seconds. North Korea is a legitimate threat and player on the world stage. Trump being diplomatic showing respect for the nation is an incredibly diplomatic thing and it's awfully hypocritical for those that were up the wall so sure that he was going to start a nuclear war now begin to back up the wall with him being diplomatic with North Korea... I mean seriously? The point is that we are in uncharted waters with North Korea and Trump has gotten us here, farther than any President has ever gotten us. At this point, it appears that many (Not all, but many) on the left and certainly the large majority of Left Wing Media Personalities care more for an Agenda of Hate and Misinformation (Look at Maher, Behar, Kimmel, Bee, and basically all Major Left-Wing Networks) and would rather see America fail so that they can blame Trump and be right as opposed to America succeed as a nation and God forbid Trump take the credit.

I agree one hundred percent that the salute is taken out of context. It's no worse than the ridiculous propaganda about Obama bowing to foreign leaders, or certain poses taken out of context for proof he was a secret Muslim.

Trump is correct to show respect to Kim, and if he had not done so the news would have blown up about how he botched a simple diplomatic maneuver.